Digital Pulp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digital Pulp

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital Pulp (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

1. 30mn phone screen
    2. days later, 1.5hr in person with Head of Resources, Head of Technology, Lead Developer (all at once usually, separate unlikely)
    3. next day, 8hr at-home code test
    4. days later, 2nd in person for 1hr to check personality

your usual start-up like questions, all as expected from each particular employee type, premium placed on personal initiative, technical curiosity and pushing and testing technologies on own, owning own code, cross-checking each other's code with or without notice/instruction, pixel-perfection required

Interview Questions

• What most turns you off in a job?   2 Answers

Negotiation

staffing agency got the exact salary (no range) I hoped for

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Pulp (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard. Digital Pulp are nice people. Took about just over an our total for the first interview, and then a creative test to follow that took an additional hour or so. The process from initial contact to decision took roughly 3 weeks.

Ultimately, a very underwhelming experience. Again, the staff were all nice enough, but it seemed that DP put an overzealous amount of faith in their "creative test," which is essentially just designing a landing page. The project can be fun for junior-level designers or unemployed creatives, but when you're balancing multiple projects for the agency you work for, these sorts of tasks are bogus. DP was very aware that working for an agency allows minimal time for side-tasks, and even said "sorry" when they assigned that task and gave me the offer to refuse it (with the risk of not getting employment obviously).

Ultimately it seemed like DP were not as invested in an individuals' creativity, past work, experience, and philosophies, but more-so their ability to turn over a Landing Page project for one of their existing clients.

I felt that it was slightly narrow-minded, but hey they are cool people, so definitely interview if you get the chance. Everyone's experiences and perspectives are different, it could totally suite you.

Interview Questions

• Blanking on specifics, but they were all pretty standard "describe your process," or "name a difficult challenge you had to solve for in your career."   Answer Question

Group Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Pulp (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with the president of Digital Pulp. I've had a few jobs over the past few years because of the great recession, and I later found out (via the recruiter) that the president didn't like that (and could not comprehend how this could happen to someone - so this guy is not living in the real world). At close of the interview, he told me he wanted to see my work and wanted me to speak to one of his account directors. As this guy has most likely not been unemployed in his life, he has no sensitivity for professionals seeking work in this business who've been displaced during the great recession. The president called the recruiter the next day to tell him that I wouldn't be good for the role, but meanwhile had me jump through hoops to gather my past work together to send to him. My advice: stop treating candidates as slaves and commodities for you to jerk around. You've been fortunate, stop and think that perhaps others may not have been as fortunate as you. Stay away from this place as you want to work for people that respect candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would clients say about you?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Digital Pulp in March 2015.

Interview

Easy. Over the Phone. Interviewed with two people. No HR department. Asked questions about past experiences and what I was looking forward to in my future. Asked what I wanted out of my summer experience and said I needed to make the most of it because the program was not structured.

User Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Digital Pulp (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call, In-person meeting and a design challenge. It was straightforward, but they took their time when making the decision. The challenge was to create a strategic design presentation based on a brief. Overall, a great experience.