Directi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

3.4

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Directi (College, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

Campus recruitment:
    1st round- 20 mcq's -30minutes (subjects: Computer communication networks, operating systems, database management systems, Linux, C++,aptitude )
    2nd round - coding ( Write a program to read a text file and change a word to another word supplying the old and new word on the command prompt. Execute the program from Cmd. Documents for the syntax of programming languages such as c,c++,Java,Python, pearl etc will be provided. )
    3rd round - technical interview ( general questions including hobbies, favourite subject, etc as well as technical questions on DBMS, CCN, OS, and Linux if u claim u know it)

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Two telephonic interviews followed by a case study on Manpower Planning. Then a personal interview with management. Tech discussions, sourcing assignment. Final discussion with CEO Bhavin.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but a good question, why Directi above Microsoft, Amazon, NetApp, Oracle etc ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offered was more than expected :)

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Directi.

Interview

Round #1: A MCQ test testing basic computer science knowledge and puzzle solving skill.

Round #2: A problem solving round, consists of 2 problem not so hard.

Round #3, #4: They asked 3 algorithming problems in 1:1 interview.

Round #5: Final round was taken by company's CEO and asked 1-2 algorithmic problem.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directi.

Interview

I applied through glassdoor only. The interview process took 3 days.
    First I got a call from HR who asked me some basic questions related to my education and my resume.
    Then for the next day I was given a home assignment in which I had to code a webpage from a wireframe in 1 hour and submit it.
    Finally, I had a Skype interview which was completely technical. The questions were related to my coding assignment as well as the projects that I had mentioned in my resume.
    Overall it was a great experience as I learned which type of questions could be asked in an Interview for this job role.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directi.

Interview

A good discussion over the call with the HR - an awesome design test to solve - Worst ever experience of Skype interview (Felt like either the interviewer has resigned and gives has no chill whatsoever or they are casually taking interviews)
    >No discussion over the design test
    >No discussion on portfolio
    >Poor show of professionalism from the interviewee
    >Inexperienced interviewee, Oh sorry! Immature interviewee

They are designing for product managers.
    Oops! the users are also there in the loop after the Business :P

I read other reviews before interviwing and believe me, they hold true.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Directi.

Interview

There were 5 rounds in total. First round was a 30 mins MCQ test. 2nd round was a coding round and then there were 2 technical interview rounds followed by one Manager round. Interviewers were really helpful throughout the process and interview went like a breeze. They never give you a chance to get nervous. Questions asked required deep understanding of concepts but if you missed something they always helped.

Coding round questions were on socket programming and multithreading.

Interview Questions

• What happens after you enter a URL on your browser? Explain in as much detail as possible.   1 Answer
    • Explain linux files hierarchy?   1 Answer
    • Explain TCP handshake   1 Answer
    • Questions on DBMS : Indexing, Full Index, Clustered, Non-Clustered.   1 Answer
    • Questions on DNS, how it works and its importance? PTR Record, A Record. Authoritative vs non-authoritative.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Directi.

Interview

The interview was at the Bangalore office. There was a lot of people as this was walk in but they will take first technical round interview of 30 people in a room at a time and from there they will select max 1 or 2 candidates from the first technical round. So like that they used to take only 10 people from the round about 400 to 500.

second round also will be technical one to one where you get the all sets of the scripts as well as standard Linux Questions. Most probably the chance of the screening from the second round is very less.

The third and final round of the interview will be online test on the linux box, which will be open test as you are free to use the internet but standard of the questions will be high. if you complete this then you would have been asked on the each question to verify that you know something haven't directly did it from the Internet.

Interview Questions

• All Basic and standard Linux Interview Questions like boot process, file system, iptables etc.
      Shell Scripts
      Please Be prepare for the what given in JD and what you are writing in the resume.   Answer Question

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Directi (Ranchi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Round 1:
    Coding Round. 3 questions. Time 1.5 hrs. Platform: Codechef
    Round 2 : 3 Algorithm Rounds of 50 minutes each. One Question each Round. A candidate to proceed to Round 3 must qualify in any of two rounds.
    Round 3: Final Round. This is basically a managerial round in which a manager will interview you.

Interview Questions

• A 2D grid is given of r rows and c columns. Each cell is filled with one color- R,G or B. Find the largest area of a triangle that has all the vertices of different color, and one of the side is parallel to the either of the axes.   1 Answer

Product Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Directi (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of an aptitude test followed by three rounds of technical interview and a small hr discussion at the end. Aptitude test consists of 30 questions and the duration will be 30 mins. Shortlisted students will be called for further interview process

Interview Questions

• First two rounds will consist of Logical puzzles and sql queries   1 Answer

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Directi (Vellore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Firstly their own online coding platform is not good. We were minimum 1500 students in our campus took part. Where everyone wanted to login but no was able to do so. It took at least 20 to 30 mins to settle that. After that coding platform really outdated. very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Insertion Sort - Difference between the number of Comparisons and number of swaps ?   Answer Question
    • Ladder problem with penalty fine and switching the ladders an minimum fine for that ?   Answer Question
    • A tree question where the expression has to deduced and find out the vertical path or length ?   Answer Question