Disabled American Veterans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

National Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the officer supervisor after I completed a job application. I was then called by someone in Washington D.C. for a phone interview. After that I was asked to come to a Panel Interview in Washington D.C.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if my my co-workers or supervisors conducting business as usual, and I was asked to answer what was being done, would I try to make them look good or simply tell the truth?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cold Spring, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Cold Spring, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for the HR Specialist position through a temp agency. I was contacted a few days after my resume was submitted for an on-site skill assessment and interview. When I arrived for the interview I was escorted to a training room to begin the skill assessment testing, and after that to a conference room where I met with three members of HR. The interviewers were very professional and asked mostly routine interview questions. Two weeks later I was offered the assignment.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

The supervisor and lead secretary ask basic interview questions and go over your resume. It takes between 30-60 minutes to complete the interview, and it is laid back. Their main focus is on typing and computer skills.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

They like that i had alot of experience in the food service an they liked that I was a very outgoing person they loved that I was very nice looking

Support Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Columbia, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

I was informed of the job through word of mouth that the position was being offered through Kelly Services. The application process was fairly easy and I had an interview the following week and hired on as a temp. The ninety day period turned into eight months and I was hired full time December 2012.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, "What knowledge do you have of the organization that you're being considered for".   1 Answer

Negotiation

To learn all I could about the DAV and think about submitting an application to become a National Service Officer.

Department Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I responded to an add in the news paper, called dept. HQ in Santa Fe Springs and I sent a copy of my proof of service. I went the Los Angeles VA Regional Office for an interview with the supervisor, Paul Varella NSO, before I got home HQ called to set up an interview with the administrative supervisor. I went to HQ in Santa Fe Springs and he interviewed me for about tweo hours, I was then asked to write a paper on "why I would make a good service officer". I wrote about one page. He then went into speak to the commander. I was then called into the commanders office and he began to tell me about the policies then told me I had the job. The whole process lasted about four hours.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say it was difficult but unexpected when asked to write a paper. I have the worst penmanship in the world so I had to take my time and write clearly and legably so they could read it. I felt the whole interview rested on that essay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was at the time working at a minimum wage job that I hated, so I jumped at the opportunity plus being a disabled veteran I felt right at home in the position.

Department Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrill, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disabled American Veterans (Merrill, MI).

Interview

I was referred by a VSO. I phone interviewed and sent in a resume. I was selected to appear in front of a board. I was asked a litany of questions from veterans on the board.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are the right person for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do want this position? Here is what it pays...
    Is there room for more money? No...