Donegal Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Donegal Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

Interviews for Top Jobs at Donegal Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the position in September 2013. My first call back was only in November 2013 for a December 2013 interview. Had a phone interview and face to face interview in December and then a second interview in January 2014. Was ultimately hired and began in March 2014.

Interview Questions

• Describe your insurance knowledge and how it applies to underwriting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Marietta, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the company about a month ago. After almost a 2 hour interview, the recruiter came back in and talked about the next phase in the hiring process. He promised to be in touch with me within a week --even if it was just to say a decision hasn't been made yet. Three weeks go by and no follow up from the recruiter. I even emailed him for a status update, which was ignored. I would have been completely fine to hear I wasn't chosen for the job. What bothers me is the lack of professionalism and disrespect to not follow up as promised and then ignore me. There are a lot of expectations placed on the job candidates with how to look, how to act, and how to follow-up, etc. Sadly, the rules of etiquette are one-sided. A simple prefabricated email saying something like - 'Thanks for taking time to interview with us, but we are not moving forward with you--would be fine. It is just common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was fine. My problem is with the front-line recruiters representing the company.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR, then one-day onsite with HR and UW mgmt team. No personality testing or pee test, both of which I find offensive. Does background check. Fairly straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Found the persons interviewing fairly knowledgeable, no 'gotcha' questions, make me feel at ease. UW staff is very young so any experienced UW will probably get snatched up.