Cover image for Donegal Insurance Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Donegal Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 15 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Donegal Insurance Group

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in Jul 2022

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and efficient. I have employers take weeks to get an interview even scheduled and it was not like that with Donegal! Dylan S. was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. I know I have made the right decision by choosing the Donegal team!

Interview Questions
  • Why are you choosing to leave your current role?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, PA

Application

Interview

The interview process was very quick and smooth. The HR does a very good job of responding to the email or job application in an orderly time frame. They were very flexible with giving both virtual and in-person interview options. I chose to have my final interview in-person and it was great because I actually got to see the company office. My interview consisted of time slots of talking with many different people from different departments of the company. I developed a better understanding of the company functions and culture through my interview.

Interview Questions
  • What attracts you most to working as an Actuary in the property & casualty industry?

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Albuquerque, NM)

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an in-person interview at the local branch, then two virtual interviews with various individuals from the main branch. Questions were not too difficult and were mindful that it is an entry-level position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Donegal Insurance Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group

Interview

It was a three step interview process with two phone interviews and an extensive in person interview. Although the interview process was lengthy, they wanted to ensure a good fit for both the company as well as the employee.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How has your previous experience prepared you for this position as it is described in the description? Q: What made you want to apply for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Indianapolis, IN) in Jun 2021

Interview

Two phone interviews, one video interview with multiple people. Easy process doing the video interview over with phone at my home without any distractions. Looking forward to hearing from them on the job inyweview

Interview Questions
  • What do you enjoy about donegal

Application

Interview

Spoke to all levels of job titles via Zoom over a span of 4 hours. Donegal is full of extremely genuine employees that I can tell care about each other and their customers. 3 month training process shortly following Spring graduation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Nash, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

They require Caliper test which can be very difficult. My First interaction was with recruiter and then subsequently spoke to someone at company. Based on once weekly overnight travel requirements did not pursue

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Lancaster, PA) in Jun 2020

Interview

I applied online and got an email that my resume matched for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a short conversation covering my resume and some basic questions about my experience, as well as some scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group (Marietta, PA) in Feb 2020

Interview

I had a great interview process with Donegal. I was flown to PA and given an opportunity for a thorough interview. Most questions pertained to why I wanted to go into insurance. I was a college senior at that point. I will say that I interviewed with multiple team members so I believe the process took a couple of hours. However, it was a good experience to determine if I would be a good fit or not.

Interview Questions
  • Why Insurance? What brought you into insurance/Risk Management.

Donegal Insurance Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Donegal Insurance Group

Interview

Your typical set of questions for the first interview. Newly titled manager took my example of how far I've gone in the past to resolve an issue as my everyday, time consuming approach which was not remotely close to what I stated. Between the reminders of 'we promote within' and another misunderstanding, I certainly thought I was still a candidate with my experience level. The other interview was actually barely one at all. Found out the main topic of conversation was occasionally supporting equipment that wasn't owned by the company. The interviewer literally didn't provide any details of the equipment other than for expected brand but that experience was preferred. I left asking myself what it was I just went through on the second interview. The positive was the HR representative who set up the interviews. Didn't make me feel uncomfortable, was professional and approachable. Their benefits seemed very good and the longevity of their employees certainly speak to that.

Interview Questions
  • What was an example of a difficult issue and how did you handle it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews

Donegal Insurance Group Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Donegal Insurance Group as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.93 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Multiple Positions and Underwriter rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for MARIETTA and Underwriter Trainee roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Donegal Insurance Group takes an average of 38 days when considering 14 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Staff Underwriter had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Underwriter roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 97 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Donegal Insurance Group according to 14 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.50%