KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Featured Review

The Future is Bright!!!

Feb 18, 2021 - Siu Desk Investigator in Marietta, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently accepted a position with Donegal to be the new SIU Desk Investigator. A little over a year ago, I applied and lost out on a SIU position. I had researched the company prior to applying and knew this is where I wanted to bring my experience and end my career. After working over 17 years in Law Enforcement I had wanted to take my experience and apply it to not only fraud investigations but primarily insurance fraud investigations. I researched companies and found that Donegal not only has an outstanding review from employees but people stay after they are hired. They are also huge into community outreach donating millions of dollars to worthy causes and events. This was a big thing for me because I spent a portion of my career donating time and effort to community events with the Police Force. I'm thoroughly looking forward to beginning my career.

Cons

LOL. If I find one, I'll let you know

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Small Business Feel

Sep 24, 2021 - Senior Claims Adjuster in Athens, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Athens GA office is a great office and so much communication within the staff. The main/head office in Pennsylvania also provides helpful information, motivation, and opportunities. You are offered assistance continuously and always feel appreciated.

Cons

None I am able to think of.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work!

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

401(k) match and vacation time are good. Plus yearly bonus potential. The Company supports designations and career development. Plus you can take institute exams onsite. If you put in the time and hard work, you can defiantly be rewarded with growth opportunities. In Marietta, there is a committee that does events for employees which have included a fall food truck picnic, St Patty's Day breakfast, and cupcakes to celebrate the company's birthday. There is also a gym for employees to use along with a Wellness committee. If you are looking to volunteer in the community, Donegal offers events through the Marketing team that you can participate in. Offers some flexibility for WFH arrangements and has some remote positions available.

Cons

An employer contribution for the HSA would be a good addition to the benefit package.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

New and loving it!

Sep 1, 2021 - Business Relationship Manager in Glen Allen, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Donegal is a growing company with endless possibilities with the vision of Sr. Leadership. Donegal offers a flexible work environment along with a positive culture. Donegal seems to be investing in their employees along with investing in the infrastructure of the company.

Cons

n/a At t his time, there are not a lot of cons to report. COVID slowed my onboarding a bit. Lucky to be part of the team!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Sep 23, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Get things done

Cons

Smaller company but that can also be a pro

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sweat Shop , Old Boys Club - stay away!!!

Sep 23, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter in Marietta, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice but very old fashioned

Cons

Outdated policies. Horrible workflow management. Entire processing department should be fired - useless, un-intelligent, and incompetent. They make more work for underwriters. Old boy’s club. Zero women or minorities in n upper management. Too many business development reps. High HIGH underwriter turnover because they are over worked. It seems hunky dory at first. But they are stuck in the 17th century - need a major overhaul to improve. Better to pursue career elsewhere.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful Company!

Aug 20, 2021 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been an employee with Donegal for 6 years and only have great things to say! Between the amazing benefits, pay and flexibility this is just a great company to work for!

Cons

None that I can think of.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Aug 31, 2021 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company wants their employees to succeed. They encourage development.

Cons

smaller company so can take time to advance

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great for experience but not long term

Sep 5, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefit package is fairly standard, not leading the market for recruitment. Provides decent access to training opportunities within insurance field and movement for entry-level with college degree.

Cons

High turnover Managers out of touch Should do a 360 evaluation

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor Management

Nov 18, 2020 - Underwriter in Marietta, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some people who really do care about their job and the people they work with daily, but most do not. Middle management is nice to the people that suck up to them, but not the ones who continuously work their butts off.

Cons

Poor training. They have manuals, but they are constantly changing the rules without actually updating the manuals. Even once you are a seasoned underwriter you are constantly being micromanaged. The office reminds me of high school with how much drama and cliques there are. Managers will reject your PTO request months in advance with the excuse that they need more coverage, but then approve another employee's PTO for the same day (without it being an emergency). You feel guilty about using any time off and if you are gone you have an absolute disaster to come back to. Some managers care about their employees, but since the company as a whole only looks at numbers and not what or how well someone is doing it doesn't matter. They encourage quantity over quality every time. It is a good ol' boys club and no room for upward mobility. They do not appreciate the honest and open discussion, instead, they want people who will nod and say the idea is great.

3 people found this review helpful