Douglas College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Douglas College Interview Questions

Interviews at Douglas College

2.7

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas College (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

There were questions around what do I know about WorkBC contract, processes and the ICM. There were two people that interviewed me - supervisor and manager at the time. Took about 1 week of negotiating with them and my current employer.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your case load as a Case Manager?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas College (New Westminster, BC (Canada)) in July 2019.

Interview

The process starts when the person applies in the careers web page of Douglas college. Then they call you for an interview and technical exam and then you are accepted or not.
    The interview consisted of a panel of three interviewers who take turns asking questions. During the interview, all three interviewers take notes as the interviewee answers questions.. They start asking about the motivation of the application and the perspectives for the future. Then they make technical questions about programming (functions, basic concepts of object-oriented programming). Then they ask you about the availability

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas College (New Westminster, BC (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

I had to meet with a group of people and answer questions about my experience, what I taught in the past... basic questions. I also had to do a short lecture of their choice. I did not know what they were going to ask me to present. This allowed them the ability to see my teach and to see if I know my material.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember. As long as you tell the truth, nothing should be difficult. Unless the question is technical. In my case, it was only a presentation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are 5 salary steps. I asked to be put on the top since I had been teaching 15 years prior to this job.

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas College (New Westminster, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Lengthy interviews.Lots of promises made.constant e mails and texts,and an incredible amount of back and forthing.Took a while to realize they were desperate for instructors.It seemed like they had a quota to fill as opposed to actually caring about what they were doing.Absolutely no reference or background checks.

Interview Questions

• Schedules,'Are you interested in advancement? etc. More concerned with the numbers of studenst and pushing them through the program.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas College.

Interview

very common panel interview and then skill testing for an hour; interviewers are not talkative. Questions are just some normal questions, like how do you deal with the conflicts with coworkers...

Interview Questions

• How do you keep students information confidential?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas College (New Westminster, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Long interview with standard questions about what I accomplished in the past and how I have used the skills mentioned on the resume. The questions focused on the job description, but also led to an open discussion about the role of communications in specific case scenarios.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember exactly the questions, but one of them was something like, “How have you used the skills you have in your most recent roles?”
      There was also a question about how I have applied what I learned at school in my roles.   Answer Question

Assistant - Office Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas College in March 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with HR manager. Skills keyboarding, word and excel test. Relatively simple. Interview with 2 managers of department. Relatively simple questions, very basic. Lasted approx 35 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, Union environment. No negotiation whatsoever.

Essential Skills Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas College (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of three. I was asked to present on how I would approach a particular project they were working (eg. business development). the rest of the interview process consisted of standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard. The scenario I had to present on was up for interpretation and vague.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Seasonal Contract Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas College (New Westminster, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

In person interview with three faculty members. Interview procedure was fairly standard (have experienced the same style at two other colleges): asked some questions, do a mini-lecture, asked more questions. The faculty members were friendly. Technology was available (for PowerPoint demonstration). They let me know when I would hear from them about getting the job.

Interview Questions

• What courses am I comfortable teaching in the department?   Answer Question

CEIT Student Assistant Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Douglas College (New Westminster, BC (Canada)) in December 2018.

Interview

You get a call for an interview after a week or two of your application.
    Interviewers are very friendly and questions are usually behavioral and situational.
    You hear back from them in one or two days.

Interview Questions

• Name some courses that you studied at douglas college will be helpful for this role.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement at Douglas College?   Answer Question