DrFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DrFirst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2016

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DrFirst in September 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the internal recruiter. After a few schedule clashes and last minute changes, I finally talked to the hiring manager.

The recruiter asked standard questions and why I was looking to leave the present job. What was my motivation to look at DrFirst. The hiring manager pretty much asked the same questions, including my ability to lead engineers and experience in hiring/firing folks. My history of experience leading to the present job. Also wanted to know what I did in the current job.

A lot of companies ask development managers to be a bit hands on and have some recent coding experience. They wanted that too, but didn't ask any technical questions. I had a hard time understand some questions from the hiring manager due to his Chinese accent over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you looking for a change from your current job ?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

I would be hesitant to work at this company. During the phone screening with their in house recruiter, she spoke poorly of their competitors. She also said that the CEO thinks sales is his "baby" and asked if I would mind if he worked alongside sales leadership. Coupled with the glassdoor reviews that the CEO is a control freak, it sounds like he needs his hands in everything. Lastly, after our phone screen, I never even got a courtesy email / call back with the status of my application. If the recruiter bashes competitors, CEO is a control freak, and they don't have the courtesy to respond to applications, this sounds like a very sketchy place to work. I would avoid.

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DrFirst in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks. First round was phone call with recruiter. She asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, your strengths etc. It was followed by a programming assignment on Java(i chose it) which had average questions. Then there was a round of aptitude test.It was followed by a telephonic technical round with screen share where I was asked 5 questions to code followed by various other technical theory questions. It was followed by another round of technical interview with the team lead.

Interview Questions

• Factorial, fibonacci, count no. of occurrences of an element, delete duplicates, sum of largest 2 integers   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD).

Interview

After a phone screening with the recruiter, there were two separate rounds of interviews. I met with a VP one-on-one, which was a great discussion of the team's chalenges. Later, I spent time with a panel of executives. The process was mostly positive.

We decided it was not a perfect match, but it was all a good experience, and I wish the team good luck in the future.

Interview Questions

• Talk was mostly around product marketing. First interview was more of a discussion. The second was with a panel of execs. That was more questions being thrown out. If you know your stuff, an interview like this should not be difficult. I enjoyed it all quite a bit.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview

Very poignant, direct, and encompassing. Commanded quite a lot of personal knowledge. Interviewer was great; helpful, responsive, knowledgeable. Overall I felt the interview was professionally managed and led me into a confident position to take/decline an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Recruiter screening, IQ test, Manager phone screening and face to face. The questions were good and intelligent but I found the attitude of everyone involved very impolite and unwelcoming. I am glad I attended the interview to brush up my skills and better myself and being out of job hunting for 11 years. Their questions are good - problem solving, small coding exercises and gave me good preps on my interviews after that. I did not expect an offer since I was rusty and I am glad I did not join based on the reviews and their attitude. Very impolite and scrutinizing and probbably the interview where the rectuiter sits with you during the interview, almost to the point of being rude. If you have no other offer, you could try here or test your skills by attending an interview. Nothing more

Interview Questions

• Problem solving questions, Small coding exercises n Java   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through my college's career and academic planning website. I was called to schedule a phone interview within two days. At the end of my phone interview, I was asked to schedule an on-site interview at the hiring location. I was then notified about the status of my application a week later.

Interview Questions

• What the company does?
      Biggest weakness?
      What experience did my fraternity(on resume) give me?
      Did I have Information Technology experience?
      Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with some basic questions and previous project experience questions!
     Recruiter called at 2 pm after noon and started asking experience, field , tools!
    Why dr first? Any programming Knowledge? Explain health care project ? Do you know anything about our company? No of employees? Location ?
    I request to be prepared well before you take the call of any organization!

SE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter
    Phone screen
    IQ test
    Office interview

Huge disconnect between the recruiters and the interviewer. The experience felt like going to a car dealership. Be ready to deal with an abrasive office interview.

Interview

I was given an online version of an IQ test, a few basic coding problems to solve in a half hour, and asked about basic core Java concepts. Several different development team members took part in the interview. Overall the interview probably took about an hour and a half. They were pretty respectful compared to other interviews I've done in the area.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain a particular architectural design pattern (was familiar with it but did not know the actual name).   Answer Question