DrFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DrFirst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017

Sales Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional and unprepared recruiting process. Was complete no show for scheduled/confirmed interview.

Decided to give second change and didn't understand the true meaning of business development.

I would recommend senior sales reps passing on a company that is unprepared to professionally represent their firm.

DrFirst Response

Aug 10, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for taking time to review DrFirst. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Technical/Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Complete Chaos, no identified interview process in place. Took time off work for (4) 1 hr increments to web interview, and (1) full day vacation with air travel for onsite.

Interview Questions

DrFirst Response

Aug 10, 2017 – HR Generalist

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very nice HR team. Did not seem to have in depth knowledge of the role or the needed skills for the role. They were more concerned about domain expertise than the skills needed to deliver marketing outcomes.

Interview Questions

• They asked very specific questions about a narrow band of their technology portfolio and wanted to know how I would add to it.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DrFirst in September 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the internal recruiter. After a few schedule clashes and last minute changes, I finally talked to the hiring manager.

The recruiter asked standard questions and why I was looking to leave the present job. What was my motivation to look at DrFirst. The hiring manager pretty much asked the same questions, including my ability to lead engineers and experience in hiring/firing folks. My history of experience leading to the present job. Also wanted to know what I did in the current job.

A lot of companies ask development managers to be a bit hands on and have some recent coding experience. They wanted that too, but didn't ask any technical questions. I had a hard time understand some questions from the hiring manager due to his Chinese accent over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you looking for a change from your current job ?   Answer Question

Data Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DrFirst (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I got interviewed by DrFirst around May 2016. Applied through LinkedIn and within a week received a call from the HR. Although it wasn't complicated interview at all but it lasted about 10 minutes. During the entire interview it felt like interviewer had already selected someone and was talking to me just because they had it scheduled. Questions were about what kind of tools do you use and other very basic questions about data quality.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of tools do you use for data quality testing?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

I would be hesitant to work at this company. During the phone screening with their in house recruiter, she spoke poorly of their competitors. She also said that the CEO thinks sales is his "baby" and asked if I would mind if he worked alongside sales leadership. Coupled with the glassdoor reviews that the CEO is a control freak, it sounds like he needs his hands in everything. Lastly, after our phone screen, I never even got a courtesy email / call back with the status of my application. If the recruiter bashes competitors, CEO is a control freak, and they don't have the courtesy to respond to applications, this sounds like a very sketchy place to work. I would avoid.

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DrFirst in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks. First round was phone call with recruiter. She asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, your strengths etc. It was followed by a programming assignment on Java(i chose it) which had average questions. Then there was a round of aptitude test.It was followed by a telephonic technical round with screen share where I was asked 5 questions to code followed by various other technical theory questions. It was followed by another round of technical interview with the team lead.

Interview Questions

• Factorial, fibonacci, count no. of occurrences of an element, delete duplicates, sum of largest 2 integers   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process has changed in recent months as new management came in with new recruiting philosophy. In a way, it's a lot easier now; No more Google-esque interview questions!! Lucky you.. It's now more of 'demonstrate actual code that you've written'.. Extra points for showing your passion for coding. Extra points for showing good solid fundamentals for developing enterprise software. No points for banter so maybe don't spend too much time talking about the weather.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your code, spend a lot of time on the piece of code you are most passionate about.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD).

Interview

After a phone screening with the recruiter, there were two separate rounds of interviews. I met with a VP one-on-one, which was a great discussion of the team's chalenges. Later, I spent time with a panel of executives. The process was mostly positive.

We decided it was not a perfect match, but it was all a good experience, and I wish the team good luck in the future.

Interview Questions

• Talk was mostly around product marketing. First interview was more of a discussion. The second was with a panel of execs. That was more questions being thrown out. If you know your stuff, an interview like this should not be difficult. I enjoyed it all quite a bit.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview

Very poignant, direct, and encompassing. Commanded quite a lot of personal knowledge. Interviewer was great; helpful, responsive, knowledgeable. Overall I felt the interview was professionally managed and led me into a confident position to take/decline an offer.