DreamWorks Pictures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at DreamWorks Pictures

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DreamWorks Pictures (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Executive hired me based on previous interaction when I was at another company. Since I knew the exec and other employees, it was a no-brainer. I was overqualified, but knew this was a good company to work for.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked questions about my past employment history and what I can bring to the table. The manager wanted to know if I can be a fit to his current team and how I would handle situations

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Pictures (Glendale, CA).

Interview

First applied online, then waited a week or two about a possible interview through email. Set up a phone interview with the HR. After I passed the phone interview, then I set up an in person interview with the hiring manager. After the in person interview, waited a few days to determine the results.

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at DreamWorks Pictures in January 2015.

Interview

30-minute on campus interview (screening)
    90-minute interview with 3 parts - screening, technical round, and "fun" questions. The 90-minute interview has 3 30-minute sessions with 2-4 interviewers each. They are mostly all sups, leads, or TDs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is your favorite programming language and why
      Tell me about a technical problem you ran into and how you solved it   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Pictures.

Interview

The HR interviewer asked the most ridiculous by the book questions, I felt like I was taking a multiple choice test in high school. Did not consider the human being sitting in front of her. Negative experience that completely turned me off to this company. I cannot believe that in 2014 they would allow these sorts of hiring practices.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Pictures (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was excited about the phone screen, I had several other in-person interviews that went well and even two offers already, but this was Dreamworks, and I couldn't wait to hear what questions they would ask. The recruiter screen went well, of course.
    The interviewer asked what tools I would use for capacity planning, and what I would use to evaluate resources for adding thousands of users to a webapp.
    I've done both of these things countless times, so I listed several tools, and went in depth into how I would use them and gave examples of successful projects from my past. He seemed exasperated as he asked me "any *other* tools you can think of?" several times. When I asked which tool he was looking for, he ended the interview abruptly, rudly, and without saying goodby as he hung up the phone.
     I've seen a lot of different interview styles, and I don't believe the "guess our toolset" method is a useful way to evaluate qualified candidates. I felt like I caught someone on a VERY bad day and they were determined to not hire me under any circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Any *other* tools you can think of?   1 Answer