Drexel University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Drexel University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.5

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview

Good, very informative . The recruitment coordinator was very friendly and answered all of my questions with no problem. They gave more information beyond what I asked. There was a phone screen, in person interview with the director of enrollment and another interview with the president.

Interview Questions

• How does your current role translate to the position applied for   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview

It was a brief interview and I was selected by my professor who was impressed with my work in lab and classroom. I was asked how to manage a class, conduct tests, evaluate papers and prepare food samples.

Interview Questions

• Can you manage a whole class?   1 Answer

Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Drexel University (Phila, PA).

Interview

Very straightforward, was based on several years of experience with Drexel as an adjunct faculty member. Interview was held in-person, lasted approximately 2 hours. Focused on growth in enrollment in the program up to the date of interview, and ways to grow enrollment if hired. Coverage of certain benefits, as affected by part-time status, was also discussed in detail.
    Also met the staff (Program Manager), and other members of the College of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• When are you available? What are your salary requirements. Are you available for full-time or part time? How amenable are you to business travel? How confident are you that you can develop a marketing plan to increase enrollment. Can you continue to teach courses while you serve as Program Director? Are you aware that Part-Time status may impact your eligibility for certain benefits? Are you aware that full-tae employment for 10 or more years will make you eligible for health care coverage after you retire from Drexel University?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I submitted my application and waited maybe a day or two before my boss called me. I came in a few days later to interview. I took a test to demonstrate that I knew how to use Microsoft Office Suite, but I think HR has told everyone at Drexel that they can no longer do that in the interview process. Then I met with my boss. We went over salary expectations at the end of the interview and she said the position paid $6,000 more than what I told her I wanted, which was great. Obviously, I took the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any issues with a criminal background check or child abuse clearances?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drexel University in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview within a week. I had my interview over the phone with the director of clinical research services, the director of research from the hospital site the position was assigned to, and another research coordinator. They asked the standard research questions about my skills, type of studies I had previously worked on, and different trainings I had. They said they would get back to me within a week about their hiring decision but I never heard back from the director at Drexel. I emailed her twice and called 3 times and she never returned any of my emails or calls. I finally had to call the director at the hospital to finally hear that they had already made a hiring decision. She seemed surprised that the director from Drexel never got back to me.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Simple and direct. Asked about experience with the given task at hand. Overall a positive experience. But didnt get paid till date. so thats the caveat. Interview experience was good though

Assistant Director of Recreation Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview

wasn't considered for the position after doing it without the title for 2 years. Was then asked to be part of the interview process since I knew exactly what was needed. Finally after choosing someone they wanted me to train the new hire.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email with professor individually. If lucky enough then professor will schedule a meeting with you in person, or program head in the department. Academic background will be checked. After interview, immediate hire will be conducted, but specific courses to teach can be rearranged based on department's need and professors preference

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drexel University in September 2016.

Interview

Basic application needs to be sent - prepare resume indicating teaching exp as well as subject knowledge and corresponding grades .

If they are interested they will contact you and organize a meeting with the Professor . If the timelines, duties and responsibilities match then they usually confirm your employment.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying at Drexel?   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There was no interview process, really. I applied and the professor took me because I did great on the subjects at my first year. Some subjects may need PhD students who might need interview. As long as you show that you are good at communication and have a good understanding about the subject, I think you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA last year?   1 Answer