Drexel University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Drexel University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

Assistant Director of Recreation Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview

wasn't considered for the position after doing it without the title for 2 years. Was then asked to be part of the interview process since I knew exactly what was needed. Finally after choosing someone they wanted me to train the new hire.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email with professor individually. If lucky enough then professor will schedule a meeting with you in person, or program head in the department. Academic background will be checked. After interview, immediate hire will be conducted, but specific courses to teach can be rearranged based on department's need and professors preference

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There was no interview process, really. I applied and the professor took me because I did great on the subjects at my first year. Some subjects may need PhD students who might need interview. As long as you show that you are good at communication and have a good understanding about the subject, I think you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA last year?   1 Answer

Instructional Design Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drexel University in June 2016.

Interview

First, the HR rep sent out a mass email to "undisclosed recipients" asking for a time for a phone interview. Before I had a chance to respond, the HR rep called me asking for a time. I said, "Any time after noon" and she replied, "So how does 10:00 am sound?" I had to accept because I was desperate for a job.

So, the next morning, she calls. It was one rapid fire question after another! It was horrible!

A notable conversation: She asked about my salary range, and I asked her what the position paid. She said that she didn't know, the position was just opened and this specific question is to weed people out. I replied that I didn't want to price myself out of a job, and she told me that my application would go to the bottom of the pile for not answering the question.

And after a few more rapid fire and invasive questions, I stopped the phone screen and said I was no longer interested.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drexel University (Phila, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very relaxed setup for the interview. The professor was waiting ahead of time for me and he was very congenial and pleasant. He inquired about my current work and how I manage my education along with it. He invited me to have a look around in the lab and introduced me to the syllabus before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Ability to manage a classroom, Previous experience in teaching, Proficiency with the subject matter   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had an initial interview on Skype with two of the faculty. I later had a visit to Drexel to meet the group members and give a talk about my research. I had one-on-one talks with all faculty members of the group and lunch with some of the students.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working with students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate since posdoctoral salaries are fixed. I was able to secure reimbursement for the majority of our relocation expenses.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Underwent a 30 minute phone interview with the PI. We discussed my background in research (I am graduating from undergrad) in the two labs I have worked in. I was asked basic questions about my experiences in research and challenges I have faced in research. Along with questions about what I have most liked and disliked about research.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you did in your other research positions?   Answer Question

Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

there were a few email correspondences before the first interview, me requesting an interview, them responding then setting up the interview date (for me the next day) i only had 1 interview he asked me about my passions and interests research related and went through my resume. then i was offered the job on the spot and asked to start that day

Student Services Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Director to attend an interview. Interview was two parts... first interview was with my peers in the department. Second interview was with managers and director of the department. The interview lasted an hour and half altogether.

Computer Lab Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview

The interview was one interview with 30 minutes long. It was relaxed interview process. The interview were was nice and straight forward about what he wants to know. No tricky questions

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience help to do this job?   Answer Question