Drexel University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Drexel University Interview Questions

Interviews at Drexel University

2.5

Ph D Student Interview

Interview

the process was cool I got introduced to a lot of different professors and was able to see the facilities then i sat with some staff and they asked me question and i talked about my previous research then i had lunch with some of the students

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Underwent a 30 minute phone interview with the PI. We discussed my background in research (I am graduating from undergrad) in the two labs I have worked in. I was asked basic questions about my experiences in research and challenges I have faced in research. Along with questions about what I have most liked and disliked about research.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you did in your other research positions?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drexel University in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview within a week. I had my interview over the phone with the director of clinical research services, the director of research from the hospital site the position was assigned to, and another research coordinator. They asked the standard research questions about my skills, type of studies I had previously worked on, and different trainings I had. They said they would get back to me within a week about their hiring decision but I never heard back from the director at Drexel. I emailed her twice and called 3 times and she never returned any of my emails or calls. I finally had to call the director at the hospital to finally hear that they had already made a hiring decision. She seemed surprised that the director from Drexel never got back to me.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview process consists of 3 stages: 1 phone, 2 face-to-face. Phone screening was quite easy and a lady was very friendly and easy-going. I was notified the following week that I was selected to proceed with one-on-one interview with the Assistant Director for Finance and Administration. The final interview was with the head of the department I was being interviewed for. Hiring process did not take too long. I evaluate my overall experience through hiring and interview process quite highly.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation in your life when you had to go against your own will?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long and not very organized. It took months for everything to be official.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate salary but I was told I was already given more than most candidates.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Submitted online application with resume and cover letter. Had one interview with the director (was casual and friendly) and another more formal one with the dean, associate dean, and director .

Interview Questions

• Kept asking me if I knew about marketing, since my degree was in communication.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drexel University (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very straight forward for applying for a research position. We submitted requests online and were followed up with by head professors. We were contacted on where our interview would take place and met usually at a coffee shop on campus.

Interview Questions

• What's do you do in your free time.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drexel University in January 2016.

Interview

There was no interview. I got invited to apply for this position during my senior year in high school. The process is simply writing an essay and submit an application. There was no interview face to face.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Professors talked about their research, then she asked me why I wanted to work here, what my skills are and if I'm willing to dedicate time to learn. She then told me what I had to learn if I would want to work here

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The advertisement was short notice, between the fall and winter terms. I applied and was notified that I would be interviewed in short-order. The interview was with the head of the subject matter I was to teach, and they were straightforward with me about the nature of adjunct employment at Drexel. Beyond the low pay and lack of benefits, the department has been good to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are able to adequately address a course topic in a 10-week quarter?   Answer Question