Dril-Quip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dril-Quip Interview Questions

2.4

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dril-Quip (Houston, TX).

Interview

First of all, I had a fifteen minute conversation with the supervisor over the phone and then that was followed by a 30 minutes in office interview. It consisted of only me and the person interviewing me. I was taken to a conference room, offered coffee, and then the interview commenced

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the job available and how could I use my knowledge to perform the duties. We went over basic math needed to perform the job and I took a small math quiz   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dril-Quip (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview followed by two face-to-face interviews. The first interview was with the HR Manager and the second was with the manager of the dept I was interviewing for. Firm start then eased into talk about the company and day-to-day duties. Once the "tough" questions were out of the way over experience and how I could contribute, it was more cordial and I was able to relax. Very pleasant interview from then on.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They inquired about my salary expectations and accepted my request. Advice: research the industry/market average and calibrate your value. Don't be afraid to request what you're worth while being realistic.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dril-Quip.

Interview

I dropped off a resume at an on campus career fair to a young engineer, who encouraged me to go to the an campus info session. Went to the info session and emailed the guy running that my resume as well. Many weeks of no contact later I received a call with an offer after less than 15 of talking. Wasn't really an interview, just some "get to know you" questions.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dril-Quip (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiters were contacted by Dril Quip manager to hire me as a technical writer. I didn't work there long because they merged with NOV oil company. I didn't learn what I needed to write and manual about a land rig. I had only been instructed to study subsea rig operations.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been a Technical Writer,
      Did I know how to use MS Word.
      Could I create graphic illustrations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the pay was up to par with my previous jobs.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Easy hiring process. they will pretty much send an offer to all candidates.

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dril-Quip (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviews are personality based. Second round consists of 5 30 min interviews with various managers. During the second round process they will take you to dinners and lunch. Overall the process is very time consuming.

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dril-Quip (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

You must apply through a temp agency, they do not hire-on documentation specialists right away. You will be a temp until you have reached a minimum number of hours and then you can apply to be regular/full-time.

Analysis Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dril-Quip.

Interview

This was an on campus interview that was pretty low key. Only took 30 minutes and a good portion of that was the interviewer explaining the companies operations. They also showed a video, which I thought was kind of strange for an interview. The couple questions they asked were behavioral. I was not invited to a second round interview. It took me months to find out, even after following up several times with both the employee that interviewed me and the recruiting manager. So that was frustrating, especially because the interviewer made it seem like I would be moving on to the next round both during the first interview and after following up.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic behavioral questions. I think one was "talk about a time you solved a problem".   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

After on campus interview, you will be asked to have 2 days 2nd interview. You will live in an assigned hotel and have steak dinner. The group interview and plant visit will be on the 2nd day.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dril-Quip (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Campus and on-site interviews. Meet with most of the section leaders. Try to meet with some of the engineers and designers if possible. Dril-Quip is proud of their manufacturing facilities, so they always tour you around there.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straight-forward conversation about background. No real memorable questions. Mostly focused on mechanical aptitude, design skills, and group compatibility.   Answer Question