Dunnes Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dunnes Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Handed in a job application, was called within a few days for an interview with the HR manager. It was all very relaxed and easy. Would highly recommend it as a first job.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview process. The usual questions. Felt more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Grocery Check Out Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarhill, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Briarhill, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward process with HR manager. It was an average interview process regarding my previous experience in retail and how I am as an individual. My preferred hours were taken into account at the time of the interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores in July 2017.

Interview

Handed in my cv on a sunday ,got a call on the monday to go to an interview on thursday, got a call on friday to say i got the job and would be starting the following saturday for induction and was in work on the sunday .Very basic questions and went through the application form -talk about experience.

Interview Questions

• If a costumer asks if you have something but it is not in stock on the floor what would you do?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antrim, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Antrim, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Informal interview, only 10mins, very friendly people interviewing. The questions weren't difficult to answer, more general chat.
    At the time I was interviewed there was a lot of others also being interviewed and the process was going on all week, so a bit of competition.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths
      Then example a time you used these strengths   Answer Question

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview was basically a run through of my CV, experience, skills, education, etc. Nothing overly difficult to answer, the usual what I like/dislike most about my current job, where I see myself going, my best skills, etc. While the interview itself was fairly straightforward, I found both interviewers to be quite rude and patronising. I was first left waiting for about 25 minutes before being interviewed, which I thought was a bit unprofessional but I didn't mind that too much. While in the interview itself I was asked a number of quite personal questions which had no relevance to the position I applied for and majority of the questions seemed as though they were trying to get information about the company I currently work for, which would be a competitor to Dunnes Stores. I wasn't overly eager to get this position as I have always heard Dunnes Stores weren't a great company to work for and I felt this interview really reflected that.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

2 rounds depending on the team.
    30 - 60 minutes.
    15 - 20 technical questions
    Fit for team
    Store experience required
    Willing to work in stores during Xmas is required.
    Oracle skill and AS400 skill is required.

Part-time Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portadown, Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Portadown, Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very informal, was interviewed by 2 people that were very nice, just looked through my cvs asked me about what I want to do in the future and what my bedroom looked like, asked what my hobbies are and only lasted around 5-10 minutes. Basically just chatting for a few minutes so that they can get a just of what you're like and you can see what they're like.

Interview Questions

• What does you're room look like   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application form that required two separate references so make sure you know your referees details. Next I did a one to one interview with two members of the human resource team. Overall the interview was fine although it was for a position that was different than the one that I was looking for so that's probably why I wasn't offered a job.

Christmas Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglas (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Douglas (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

the interviewer was friendly , we discussed similar interests to relax the interview process, We then talked about my previous work experience and what i learned from those positions. We discussed availability as I was in college and still had exams to do, the interviewer took note of this and it was not a problem. the interview overall was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• do you have an experience in the retail industry ?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derry, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Derry, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Was ok it took about 10 mins she just asked about my work experience and she asked if I would have a problem working with fresh fruit and veg and raw meat. She related the question to my previous work experience which was working with children. I rang to get an application form and they got back to me within 5 days

Interview Questions

• If her child was in my nursery and she came in and the child was sitting in the corner in time out because they took a toy off someone how would I control it?   1 Answer