Durham School Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Durham School Services Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

"Interview" was a group 'presentation' whee applicants had to watch a video on the company, bring their H-6, and fill out application. Then each applicant was given a test for personality, and if they passed this test they got a short Interview with the interviewer. If offered a "job", they were sent for the drug test and physical as well as live scan. Once these came back they were scheduled for training. However, training is unpaid (applicants are mislead about this) and could take months to complete.

Interview Questions

• While driving, name a time you had to make a quick decision and what you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I initially accepted the position. However, after learning that I would need to give 4 months of full time unpaid training, despite being fully qualified for the position including possessing all required licensing and endorsements, I took my skills elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

The interview was okay. If you do not have a cdl they will give you everything you need to pass the test. They go over how the job is and comes with it. There key is safety so they will ask you multiple questions on situations you were in and what you did in that situation or would do. They will also tell you the contract you have to sign if you do not have a cdl and the train you which keeps you there for 6 n months or have to pay 900

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandview, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Grandview, MO).

Interview

Very confident very polite and nice willing to listen and answer every question. Met with every group gave a tour and was self explanatory. Did not last no more than a hour and was very good at explaining everything.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (New Orleans, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview is based on several question, like{why do you want to work for the company] also how well do you deal with angry parents. are can you deal with early arrival times. Question's on that matter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very honest.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was an application, a few background check permission forms, and a couple personality tests. After completing all of these, there was a 1:1 interview. The background check included criminal history, child services, credit history, fingerprinting, a physical and drug test, and driving history.

Interview Questions

• Can you always avoid accidents by working safely?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

A lot of paper work, you have to be able to pass your class b license exams, passenger endorsement, air brake and general also signs after that you then begin class learning the ethics of the company and is exams but very easy to pass

Interview Questions

• Interview why do you want to work for Durham and be a school bus driver also if you see a colleague driver bad would you report?   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services.

Interview

Easy. They dont check backgrounds. They will half train you....classes are easy you are given the test answers...you will drive and crash if you are not careful. The training is poor only work there if you are a seasoned professional bus driver.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview is 10-15 minutes. Be honest and be ready to express your stress level around people and kids. Do you feel like you can work under pressure they want you to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Do i easily become stressed and hard to work around other peers   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me if i wanted full or part time, they asked if i had children, to tell me that they can come to work with me and ride their bus at the station.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Warrenville, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter. After that a phone interview was schedule with the hiring manager. The hiring manager missed the first interview because they forgot about it. It was rescheduled and the hiring manager was minutes late to the following one and immediately had an excuse for being late from last time. The phone interview lasted a hour, explaining about my experiences and goals for the future. The hiring manager had a disrespectful attitude towards the interview. Missing the first interview should of came a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Could you tell me about your experiences dating back to college?   Answer Question

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services in September 2015.

Interview

Hiring consists of an interview followed by background investigation -must be fingerprinted
    and cleared by state police and FBI. Good driving record. Company pays for DOT physical
    and training to operate and be licensed as a school bus driver is free. Drug test required. Once
    hired, training takes a few months, and is given on a part-time schedule. I thought the training was very good overall. Trainers are patient and you are not tested for your license until you are ready.
    Compensation is on the first day you drive after licensed.

Interview Questions

• How would you react and what would you say if someone had just told you that you had done
      something wrong.