Durham School Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

2.1

Bus Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Filled out applications got called for interview did the interview went to do a drug test then background test and started that same week. Have to work a week in the hole before you get your first paycheck

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Milton, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very fast with a call back after applying, went in and did a second application and interview also safty questions on computer. This prosses was very quick and easy to deal with.

Bus Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

You go down there and fill out your application. Then they'll call you without giving you a row interview, and take you to Harrisburg to get your background check done. Once you have all your documents and drug test done you're ready to work.

Bus Driver In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I first attended orientation where I watched a slideshow of the company's expectations of all drivers. Then I went with the recruiter to an open office for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to become a Professional School Bus Driver?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you went over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Safety & Training Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Southfield, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the Site GM and the Regional Manager. It was fairly comfortable, for a "group" interview. It became clear to them that I knew transportation, just not bus transportation. The GM walked me around and introduced me to everyone, the day of my interview, so I felt somewhat confident that I "nailed it".

Interview Questions

• Have you run safety meetings at your prior places of employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

"Interview" was a group 'presentation' whee applicants had to watch a video on the company, bring their H-6, and fill out application. Then each applicant was given a test for personality, and if they passed this test they got a short Interview with the interviewer. If offered a "job", they were sent for the drug test and physical as well as live scan. Once these came back they were scheduled for training. However, training is unpaid (applicants are mislead about this) and could take months to complete.

Interview Questions

• While driving, name a time you had to make a quick decision and what you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I initially accepted the position. However, after learning that I would need to give 4 months of full time unpaid training, despite being fully qualified for the position including possessing all required licensing and endorsements, I took my skills elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

The interview was okay. If you do not have a cdl they will give you everything you need to pass the test. They go over how the job is and comes with it. There key is safety so they will ask you multiple questions on situations you were in and what you did in that situation or would do. They will also tell you the contract you have to sign if you do not have a cdl and the train you which keeps you there for 6 n months or have to pay 900

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandview, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Grandview, MO).

Interview

Very confident very polite and nice willing to listen and answer every question. Met with every group gave a tour and was self explanatory. Did not last no more than a hour and was very good at explaining everything.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (New Orleans, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview is based on several question, like{why do you want to work for the company] also how well do you deal with angry parents. are can you deal with early arrival times. Question's on that matter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very honest.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was an application, a few background check permission forms, and a couple personality tests. After completing all of these, there was a 1:1 interview. The background check included criminal history, child services, credit history, fingerprinting, a physical and drug test, and driving history.

Interview Questions

• Can you always avoid accidents by working safely?   1 Answer