Durham School Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Durham School Services

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (New Orleans, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview is based on several question, like{why do you want to work for the company] also how well do you deal with angry parents. are can you deal with early arrival times. Question's on that matter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very honest.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was an application, a few background check permission forms, and a couple personality tests. After completing all of these, there was a 1:1 interview. The background check included criminal history, child services, credit history, fingerprinting, a physical and drug test, and driving history.

Interview Questions

• Can you always avoid accidents by working safely?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (McKinney, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief , lots of papers to fill out, training not paid, films boring, behind the wheel was arduous trainers were amazing . Interview/ hiring process was a bit unorganized, one day for fingerprints. Maybe should be streamlined a bit ?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a bus driver?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Huntsville, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very informal yet professional. After applying you must pass a background check which requires finger prints. You are also require to pass a DOT physical and drug screening before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a difficult child to act properly while on the bus?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Plymouth, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

They ask you about your previous experience with children and driving. Then after the questions they explain the process to get started which includes getting finger-printed and tests at SOS. Basically if you are called in for an interview, you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have with working with children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Milton, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very fast with a call back after applying, went in and did a second application and interview also safty questions on computer. This prosses was very quick and easy to deal with.

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services.

Interview

Fill out application. will receive a call back if application is accepted. Once hired, must go through training to obtain a class b license and school bus certificate. Training is free. Will receive the job once license and credentials are obtained.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Rochester, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Paper application is better than the online system. According to this service center, the online portal doesn't always do what it is supposed to do. I already had a CDL so they did not have to train me which was a benefit for them. The interim safety supervisor is a great guy and the interview was upbeat and a lot of fun. The office staff and mechanics are much nicer than I've worked with in the past.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions dealt with how you would handle certain situations with parents, children, etc. If you have driven a school bus before, you already know that the parents are worse than the kids and the fact that many of them like to drive their kids to school and clog the roads and driveways for the buses creating many hazardous situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat rate, no negotiation so it was "take it or leave it". Took it because unemployment was getting ready to run out.

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Beloit, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

it took forever waited 2 months to be called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself after the Manager had my resume in his hand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NONE do not pay for experience shame that they do not.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Plymouth, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Applicants will apply through the web site. Potential employees must pass a criminal background check which includes a good driving record, drug screening and physical. Fingerprints are taken and placed on file as well. If the applicant is a current CDL BPS holder than there will be a phone interview and in person interview. In addition a driver assessment is also made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard and straight forward. I knew what I was applying for do there wasn't a negotiation.