Durham School Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Durham School Services

2.1

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Brentwood, NH) in August 2019.

Interview

Everyone was very nice & explained the job well. There's the option to work year round or have summers off. I, could also choose between just driving in state or driving in & out of state.

Interview Questions

• What station are you currently listening to in your car?   1 Answer
    • Do I want to work year round?   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Interview

There was no interview
    Just fill out the app
    Call or come in
    If you dont have a cdl
    Take your written test and they will train you to achieve your cdl class b

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

All applicants are almost guaranteed to get hired if you qualify. Disqualifiers include certain criminal arrests/convictions and driving history that consists of serious driving violations, multiple minor violations, or accidents. Lots of employees have left for other employment opportunities but eventually come back (the grass is not always greener....).

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining to the applicant's criminal and driving history.   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madisonville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Madisonville, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

A little man with a huge ego will come in a tell you how great it is. He will tell you that you will be paid for training.. That's a lie.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you had a situation that you had to take charge in order to assure the safety of others?   Answer Question

Bus Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Filled out applications got called for interview did the interview went to do a drug test then background test and started that same week. Have to work a week in the hole before you get your first paycheck

Bus Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

You go down there and fill out your application. Then they'll call you without giving you a row interview, and take you to Harrisburg to get your background check done. Once you have all your documents and drug test done you're ready to work.

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Milton, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very fast with a call back after applying, went in and did a second application and interview also safty questions on computer. This prosses was very quick and easy to deal with.

Bus Driver In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I first attended orientation where I watched a slideshow of the company's expectations of all drivers. Then I went with the recruiter to an open office for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to become a Professional School Bus Driver?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you went over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Everett, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Durham wants and needs more bus drivers, all the time. So the interview process is easy. The interviewers were current bus drivers who also were trainers. To work at Durham requires passing drug, criminal and background checks and passing the CDL test. For me these were no problem.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff like why do you want to drive a school bus? Have you operated heavy equipment before, if yes what types? How well do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Safety & Training Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Durham School Services (Southfield, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the Site GM and the Regional Manager. It was fairly comfortable, for a "group" interview. It became clear to them that I knew transportation, just not bus transportation. The GM walked me around and introduced me to everyone, the day of my interview, so I felt somewhat confident that I "nailed it".

Interview Questions

• Have you run safety meetings at your prior places of employment?   1 Answer