E! Entertainment Television Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.4

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. I had one phone interview with the recruiter, then one phone interview with the supervising producer, then finally one in-person interview with the executive producer. All interviews were about three days apart. I heard back within a week that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about entertainment? Who are your favorite celebrities?   Answer Question

Digital Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through the general NBC Universal site, got a phone call of the blue from the Short Form Production and New Media Dept. supervisor, then another from the E! News Now office. A couple of hours later, I got another call from the first supervisor telling me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your entertainment news from?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked to talk about my experience, most recent challenges I faced, and how I dealt with them. I would say that 35% of the questions have to do with how I would manage workflow, and the rest are related to code and architecture. At the end, I was asked to do a fun little algorithm exercise in javascript.

In a few days, I heard back from the associate director expressing interest in bringing me onto the team. However, later on I heard back from the VP saying that they could not find the budget for me. That was OK, because I already accepted an offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the expectations of various PMs if you are working on multiple projects at once?   1 Answer
    • How would you organize your CSS?   1 Answer

Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first round took about an hour then second round includes writing test and takes two hours. I followed up multiple times for feedback and was never given any official update. It's been a few months now so I think I can safely assume I wasn't chosen, but a simple "thanks for coming in we went in another direction" should be part of standard practice and it's clearly not.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had a good interview experience. The two people I interviewed with were very nice and made it a calm atmosphere, which I appreciated. I received this interview through a referral, and I honestly was not surprised that I didn't get the offer. It was one of the only positions open that I could apply to, but it wasn't in my filed of study.

Interview Questions

• What are some current news headlines you are following right now   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I made it through two interviews - the first was very tactical on how each of my experiences lined up directly with the job duties. The second was more about if I would be fit for that particular supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Go through the job description and list your direct related experience.   Answer Question

Casting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television.

Interview

The interviewing process was semi informal. I feel like they want to know you have a strong work ethic but are a real person. Working an a TV show is long work and you need wear many hats. Everyone at this company, for the most part, is young. Try and keep up

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you dont want the job at the salary they offer there are 50 others who will take it!

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The process took about 6 weeks. After submitting my application directly to a contact I had reached out to via LinkedIn, we had a Skype interview (as I was not in LA at the time) and then I was offered the job and I accepted and started 2 weeks later.

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

Employee referral are usually the way in.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E! Entertainment Television (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through EntertainmentCareers.net (using Membership which got a 1-day jump on other candidates). Called in for one and only in-person interview directly with Dept Manager (skipping HR step) within a couple of weeks of application. Asked specific questions regarding experience with various research tools (LexisNexis, etc). Didn't seem to care whether I knew anything about film/TV/music although the position is 100% celebrity news. Other researchers were from academia, not entertainment background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Very low pay for research gig.