EPCOR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EPCOR

2.8

Rating Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPCOR (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

First I received a brief phone interview with their HR that lasted about 30 min. Just typical questions. They continued to have an interest in myself so about a week 1/2 later they scheduled a face to face with the rating manager. I ended up getting interviewed by her and two other people on the team, which was fine. They again liked me and wanted me to come in for a second face to face with the team leader. The problems occurred when they wanted to give me an offer. The whole process was backwards - they even sent my CURRENT employer a background check form which scared the crap out of them. FINALLY they ended up rescinding the offer because of a time conflict they failed to communicate - so again it was all backwards and they messed up my relationship with my current company because of it. I highly suggest you request more information up front, instead of going through the background check and drug screen. otherwise you are wasting your time.. not to mention the whole process took FOREVER. They dragged out the whole thing, lied about the interview, was very indiscreet with my current employer, and for nothing.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EPCOR.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received call to interview about a month later. The interview was panel format. It was very professional, with the panelist asking fair and inquisitive questions. Enjoyed meeting those on the panel.

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Mirage, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EPCOR (El Mirage, AZ) in March 2019.

Interview

Basic qualifications - Hispanic and under 35 years of age. Unless you are Hispanic or under 35 forget all about Epcor. The panel was made of all Hispanic young people and although I interviewed really well they sent me an email saying they have selected another person.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, extremely easy questions the panel was impressed with my answers   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Interviews are booked by HR quickly after the job posting closes. Interviews can included one or more hiring managers. Hiring was completed quickly after the interview was completed. The interview was comprised of common technical and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult customer (internal or external to your company). What was the situation and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. This is a unionized environment with set wages and benefits.

Safety Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EPCOR.

Interview

Behaviour based interview. New process to include more in depth review of individual skills. The overall feel of the interview was easy and the ability to interact with the interview team is much better than just being asked questions. A great way to ensure that you are getting the best individual for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if so refused to follow a safety requirement?   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

Poor "Technical Assessment" questions, there was no chronological order and the step by step guide was all over the place. The person they had sit with me to help was superficial and didn't seem to know what she was doing when I asked for guidance.

Interview Questions

• Usual Interview Questions, why you are interested in the role, what would make you a good fit, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview; first stage was phone screening; followed by a panel interview. They were reasonably quick to respond after the interview (got back to me within a couple of days with an offer)

Interview Questions

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. First round is telephone-based interview. It has simply questions regarding yourself and the company. Do some research on the company website and you should nail it without any problem. Second round is face-to-face interview. It contains a variety of questions ranging from water treatment technologies to personal skills.

Engineer-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening to ask about why should we hire you. Called in for an in person interview (same week as phone screening) which lasted an hour. 6 technical questions related to the position so I guess technical portion would depend on the type of job you are applying. 4 general behavioural questions. There were 3 interviewers and no HR. The department manager was a very rude person.

Got selected for reference check (3 references) after interview. All the references said good stuff but the department manager at EPCOR wanted a direct supervisor reference. Since I was a recent grad, I could provide only 1 direct supervisor reference from internship and remaining references were from co-workers. I was rejected because I had only 1 direct supervisor reference. My referencers mentioned that the guy was extremely rude on phone and un-professional. He had set time to talk at 9:00 am but called at 10:00 am and didn't even apologize. Most of the people work till 5:00 pm and he also called some of my references after 5 pm. The call he made to references lasted about 50 minutes. He also asked some questions which he can't legally ask (e.g racial discrimination).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your professional history?   1 Answer
    • Tell a time when you developed a process which gave same end result as before but was more efficient?   1 Answer

EPCOR Response

Feb 2, 2017 – Digital Media Specialist

Hi there. Thank you for applying at EPCOR, and thank you for addressing these concerns. We’re sorry you had a negative interview experience. We do not condone this behaviour whatsoever and will be... More

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Went through a pamphlet/booklet with generic questions and work related questions.
    Questions that reflected your personality,behavior.
    Gave you scenario questions of how you would teach someone, handle a difficult situation.
    Asked you to give keywords to describe your ideal colleagues...describe your previous work.
    Took them 3 weeks to reply since I applied....and never got a reply after.
    There were no HR in the room, just the manager who I would report to.
    This was the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you do something that wasn't in our system?   1 Answer