ESL Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at ESL Federal Credit Union

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with a couple of interviewers from respective groups, as well as HR. Included a "computer skills" test which turned out to be approximately 30 multiple choice personality/profiling questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the type of person you least like to work with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ESL Federal Credit Union (Rochester, NY).

Interview

First you do a Phone interview. If you get chosen for the next round you will then do a second interview at the headquarters. About two weeks for them to come back to you about their decision

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESL Federal Credit Union in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through school for a summer bank teller job. I got a phone interview a few weeks later. This was a behavioral based interview that lasted about thirty minutes. I was then asked to come to the office for an interview. I was never notified I didn't get the job. Just assumed so after not being contacted for several weeks.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESL Federal Credit Union (Rochester, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Met recruiter at a job fair. Was called for a follow up interview. Took an assessment test and was offered a position the next day.

Negotiation

The recruiter stated the hourly wage, overview of benefit package and training schedule

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESL Federal Credit Union (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview where I was asked basic questions about my work experience and how that would transfer to a job as a teller. I was told the basic requirements of the job to make sure I wanted to pursue the interview process further. After, I was invited to interview at the ESL headquarters with a talent recruitment representative, where I did a quick personality assessment, filled out a paper application, and then had the more formal interview. After the interview was completed the rep said she wanted to set up an interview with myself and the branch manager and head teller of the branch I would be working out of. The branch interview was set up for a few days later and I met briefly with them, mostly to reiterate what I discussed in my first interview. I got a phone call later that day from the recruitment representative who offered me the job and gave me initial information, pay rate, training info, drug testing info, etc..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were expected to achieve and unattainable goal   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ESL Federal Credit Union (Rochester, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with PC program - personality profile, then scenarios to calculate payments, debt to income ratios. Interview at corporate was then face to face - detailed question and answer session, total time for interview at corporate easily 2 hours. Additional interview held at branch for nearly an hour. I was asked and then answered the usual questions, asked a few of my own. I do wish that those interviewing me had stressed that the position was completely sales-based, because I may not have taken the job.

Interview Questions

• Because I was let go as part of a (suspected) downsizing for the most experienced, highly paid people in our group in lieu of keeping $10/hour temps, I had practiced being upbeat and diplomatic in my answer to "so why did you leave your last job?".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I was already a notary, and had a financial services background, I was able to get 50 cents more an hour.