Earthjustice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Earthjustice Interview Questions

Interviews at Earthjustice

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earthjustice (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had phone interviews with several Earthjustice offices. They said they would contact me to let me know whether I would get the job or not - none of them did - even after I messaged them asking about my candidacy. The questions were standard and not overly complicated.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earthjustice (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a half-day of interviews in a series with different attorneys and staff. Each interview was 30-40 minutes with one or two attorneys. The half-day ended with a lunch with the current Associate Attorneys.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent Supreme Court case that interested you?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Earthjustice (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was extremely friendly and wanted to get to know me more. Very personal, but professional. Interviewer did a great job explaining the job details. The interviewer got straight to the details and explained everything clearly. I was not expecting the interviewer to ask me to name my salary - prepare for that!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      What makes you qualified for this position?
      What are some of your qualities that make you unique?   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earthjustice.

Interview

Very structured with little opportunity to deviate off script. Due to the influx of applications, the interviewer asked every applicant a list of 13 standardized questions that were not unique to the specific organization that I was applying to.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Earthjustice (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Application submitted via Earthjustice's website. Reply e-mail to set up a first interview. Telephone or video conference interview with an interview panel of 3 people. In-person interview in Earthjustice’s office with a second panel, including the Managing Director

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earthjustice (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, had someone reach out to schedule an interview. The interviewer, who would be supervising the role I was applying for, came across as brusque and wasn't very conversational. Every question I answered she would reply with "okay" and immediately move on to ask another question. What struck me as odd was that this company seemed to have a genuine commitment to diversity, as listed on their website, but the interviewer proceeded to ask me a very thinly veiled question inquiring if I was a minority in any way. She asked "we value diversity here. What aspect of yourself would bring diversity to the table?" The question may have been well-intentioned, but I know for a fact that most people would not be comfortable disclosing their race, disability, sexual orientation, etc. in a job interview for fear of discrimination. I have a disability but don't care to disclose such a private matter in a job interview. I want the company to be focusing on my qualifications instead. While I was thinking about what a nightmare it must be for HR to have an employee asking a question like that, she then disclosed that there was no HR department. In other words, no one to oversee accommodations for employees with disabilities or complaints of discrimination or harassment if they arose. Any company that is truly committed to diversity and fair treatment of all its employees has an HR department. At this point I started to relax, knowing that even if I was offered this job I would not be taking it. The next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company? Tell me about a difficult time you had at work. What aspect of you would bring diversity to the table?   Answer Question

Earthjustice Response

Apr 30, 2019 – Recruiter

We’re sorry to learn that you did not have a pleasant interview experience. We value cultural competency, technical skills, and emotional intelligence, so we ask questions that will help us... More

Summer Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Earthjustice in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with one attorney from the office during an on-campus interview process at my law school. I only had one round of interviews and overall it was a very simple and comfortable process.

Staff Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earthjustice in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. The interview consisted of a panel interview of around 5 to 8 people. I also needed to return to speak with someone who wasn't available on the day of the official interview. They asked typical questions but were all very easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Earthjustice (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with the entire office staff, they asked questions and gave a timed assignment. I spoke with various attorneys and received a clear idea of the type of work they engaged in. The position was clearly described to me, along with any expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earthjustice (Miami, FL).

Interview

Basic interview - general interview questions, questions regarding interest in environmental issues, questions regarding building diversity and community partnerships. Very friendly interviewers usually in a group or panel discussion. No hypos or difficult questions. Very straightforward. Three rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Need to describe pressing environmental issues facing the area and experience in the area   Answer Question