Eastern Kentucky University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastern Kentucky University Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University.

Interview

Standard day and a half faculty interview with campus stakeholders & presentation. I was reimbursed for expenses, although I stayed with family in a nearby city. EKU folks ask pointed questions, and the interview process is definitely two-way. It's important to do your homework and ask questions of your interviewers. There are some really nice dining spots in Richmond.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Several phone interview and a face-to-face interview. I had a basic phone interview which was then followed by a semi-detailed phone interview. After "passing" the two interviews I had a face-to-face interview with the Mayors Office and a EKU official. I was then offered the position the following day.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process involved submitting an application and waiting for a phone interview. After the phone interview, it was the typical on campus interview. The only issue was finding a time to meet with the committee as the interview was delayed due to weather which made finding an acceptable time difficult.

Geek Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the manager of the program, although senior members conduct interviews on occasion. The setting was in the most casual computer lab just after lunch. While I was applying for an IT related position, the one conducting the interview was not trained in IT, so I had to do more explaining that otherwise.

Overall, the process was not one that is worth getting nervous about, and designed to create a relaxing experience for the prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you failed at, and how did you learn from that experience?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very informal, I had been a student at the university for 4 years and my employer already knew who I was and my work ethic. They offered me the job going into grad school, which was nice.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online after being referred by an employee during a meeting on campus. I was contacted the next day, and an interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview lasted approximately thirty minutes, and the interviewer predominantly focused on questions having to do with my academic progress, and campus involvement.

Chemistry Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy to access jobs and apply on website. Took a while to hear about an interview. Slow hiring process from HR. Parking was difficult to figure out. Interviewers and other employees that I was introduced to were very kind.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

HR recruiter conducted a phone and face-to-face pre-screen interview for the Research Assistant position. I was then scheduled for a on-site, face-to-face interview with this department chair. The final decision was made by the department chair following my drug test and background check by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Availability and former employment questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Most discussion was about part time status and hours, flexible working schedule, submission of end-of-week reports, and hourly rate of pay.

Support Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

I put in close to 16 application, and could not even get but one interview. I feel it was jsut an interview to please me, or make me feel I had a chance, but I left there knowing I did not have a chance. I want to move to Berea, but cannot get a job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question and unexpected question was If I could be trusted with a secret. Of course I am trustworthy.   2 Answers

Library Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in April 2008.

Interview

I met with 3 supervisors from the department. They asked the usual quesitons. Within two weeks I was hired and started work.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer