Eataly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eataly (New York, NY).

Interview

I wanted to stock but they stuck me as a cashier, where I spent four years without a proper promotion. Rate Pay was NOT discussed. HR assumed that I discussed it with the manager. I interviewed with HR initially then the cash manager. Easy questions were asked, as they let anyone in, even felons.They wanted me to go full time, but could not since I had a full time job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Eataly Response

Jun 16, 2016 – Executive Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your pay rate was not communicated from the start. Eataly aims for transparency and currently provides offer letters to all new hires.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eataly (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was very warm and cordial. Shared a little bit about himself before asking me about my story, my upbringing, my experience as a sever and what I expects to get out of the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eataly.

Interview

Open call interview process. The Chicago location was just opening so it was a relatively easy process and very quick. Entered into one of their offices and they asked me general questions about myself, some pertaining to work and experience. Entire interview lasted about 5-10 minutes and I was notified within the week that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eataly (New York, NY).

Interview

Saw the ad on craigslist, emailed my resume in, had a couple of interviews. HR said that me and the hiring manager "decided" on my rate. WE NEVER TALKED ABOUT MY PAY RATE AT ALL.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply at Eataly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I WAS NOT ABLE TO NEGOTIATE MY PAY RATE AT ALL.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eataly (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email and interviewed that day. I was hired on the spot. It was super easy to get a job there. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a quick job to make money.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Eataly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eataly (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a call from Human Resources after putting in my application online. Had a phone interview with him. After, I got an email asking me to confirm a time to come in for an in person interview with the head of the department.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eataly (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by Paul he was very nice and respectful started off by getting us situated and finding out about my experience. He went on to ask me about how I found out about the job, where I wanted to be in a few years and what drew me to this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience baking bread? What is your availability ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, I was younger and was open to anything but the hourly rate was already high.

Eataly Response

Jun 16, 2016 – Executive Director of Human Resources

I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience with you bakery interview!

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eataly (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I started out with a phone interview and came in for an in-person interview with the chef. After those two, I went in the kitchen to stage and got offered the job.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eataly (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR by phone, then in person interview with hiring manager & dir of HR, then a few more interviews. Very Italian culture. If you speak italian then you already have a head start. There is not a structure for interviews. It's all about how they feel about you.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eataly (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the job online. Within about a week I got a phone call to set up an interview. I attended the first interview with the senior graphic designer and the current junior graphic designer along with a manager from the sales floor. The interview went well. I was asked to show my portfolio and talk about past experiences. A little after a week I was called for a second interview. The second interview required that I design three pieces related to the position with the given graphics and information. I designed the three pieces and printed them out (from my own budget.) The second interview contained the same three people (perhaps the sales rep changed) in addition to two more managers. One manager have a horrible impression, he hardly ever made eye contact with me even when he was the one to ask the question. He often stared away from the table as if he didn't want to be there and he should be someplace else. The second interview seemed to go well. I got a phone call from the HR rep about salary and additional details regarding the position. The position required working Saturdays and was offering $29K. When the HR rep asked if that salary was okay with me, I politely answered that I would be open to negotiating a fair salary. She quickly responded that it was the industry standard for entry level graphic designers. $29K is not enough to pay rent and other expenses, so I doubt that the industry standard for a college educated graphic designer is that low, and in fact it is not after much research. I never heard back from Eatly, not even for them to tell me they went with a different candidate.

To this day, I'm not even sure if that conversation with the HR rep was a job offer. She gave me many details on the job, but never called me back.

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences in graphic design?
      basic interview questions   Answer Question