Eckerd College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eckerd College Interview Questions

Interviews at Eckerd College

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eckerd College.

Interview

First round phone call was scheduled for the director to get a feel for applicants before moving forward in the process. One of their first questions was about my salary requirement. They replied I with their range but didn’t offer any info as to whether I would be at the lower or higher end based on my resume. I said the amount was low and they replied as to whether or not to continue the interview at that point. We continued the interview for practice. The job was reposted about a month and a half later so I reached out to the hiring manager to ask what had changed about the position. I received a very short and unfriendly voicemail that I hadn’t been selected to move forward last time and I won’t be selected this time either.

Mail Room Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eckerd College.

Interview

I approached the man in charge (John, at the time), and asked him about his car, a sweet 1971 firebird. One thing led to another, and I asked him for a student-job. Things worked out great from that point forward.

Negotiation

note above

Assistant Manager Student Enrollment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eckerd College (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

This is my second position at Eckerd; was transferred internally when funds were cut to my previous department. Eckerd does everything possible to not downsize in tough economic times. Interview for my first position was conducted 8 years ago by phone because I was out-of-state. Don't recall anything difficult about the interview process except that there were multiple people on the conference call who would later have to agree together that I was the best choice for the open position.

Interview Questions

• Since I am typically overqualified for the positions I am seeking, I am often asked why I would want to do that type of work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a later start date than would have been preferred to allow time for relocation.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eckerd College (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long, but I was kept informed throughout the entire process. The first two "rounds" consisted of skype interviews (lasting from thirty minutes to an hour) and the last stage was an on-campus interview that lasted close to three hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you value in a work environment   Answer Question
    • They presented sample resume and cover letters and asked for on the spot edits/feedback suggestions   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to give a student difficult feedback   Answer Question