Eclipse Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eclipse Marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Jul 2020

Interview

Submitted resume via linked in and received an interview offer after a couple days. Drove an hour to the interview. When I arrived, I was given a sheet of paper that had questions on it like "what is your hourly pay expectation?" and "What is your weekly pay expectation?" It also asked me if I have reliable transportation. At that point, I knew that the interview was not going to be what I applied for and was beneath what I am qualified for. No professional role is going to ask me for my hourly and weekly pay expectation, and any career role that is worth while is not going to ask me if I have reliable transportation. So I sat down with the first interviewer and he began to tell me about how the role supports clients such as Sam's Club, Verizon, Direct TV, etc. and that this role is to bring is additional clientele for those companies. So I stopped him right there and said, "This sounds like a sales role." He tried to back up by saying that it sort of is but that you have to communicate with people and it involves marketing as well. Um, no. That's not what a marketing and communications role does. I explained that I applied for a marketing and communications role and that I was not interested in sales. He said there must have been some sort of misunderstanding. No, there was no misunderstanding. I just caught you red handed in some sort of weird bait and switch interview process. Not cool. This company might be good for people who want to do cold sales, but I would never consider this company for anything simply because of the non-transparency I experienced. An offer was not made because I chose to leave after being there for less than 10 mins. I was not interested in anything else they had to say or offer. I have my bachelors degree and I'm not about to accept any type of job that isn't honest from the get go. I'm also not going to waste my time with a company that feels the need to ask me if I have reliable transportation... That shouldn't have to be something they worry about unless they are paying people so little that the turn over rate is sky high. Save yourself the trouble and keep on looking folks.

Interview Questions
  • What is your hourly pay expectation? What is your weekly pay expectation? Do you have reliable transportation?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Jul 2020

Interview

I applied online and got a feedback the same day. We set up an in person interview the next day. It went surprisingly fast. The first interview lasted 20min. They explained to me their activity and how it was organised. They wanted to see me again the next day for another interview but I decided to withdraw my application when I discovered that they were not digital at all but more focused on direct marketing.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Jul 2020

Interview

I applied through Indeed and I got a phone call the next day. The interview took place in Southfield and it was a pretty straightforward process. I was directed to the managers office and she asked me to tell her a little bit about my background, what experience of my past could contribute to the company, and then she went through all the tasks I'd have to perform.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Jul 2020

Interview

I applied and the HR team reached out to me within a day. I went through a series of 2 interviews over 2 days and was called and offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Jun 2020

Interview

The business is located in a beautiful area and building, but the actual business itself is not related to marketing/advertising at all. There are three rounds of interviewing back to back about 10-30 minutes each. They are not worth it. The goal is for the company to work with their clients (Sprint, AT&T, etc) and help them "gain" customers by going out to wholsalers (Target, Costco, Sam's Club) and selling clients products. You will be selling packages in the store all day. If you are looking for an ACTUAL marketing position this is not it. Not once did they actually mention the position I was interviewing for, because it didn't exist. They start you off as an Entry level position with 6-10 months training in hopes that you will get promoted if you have great leadership skills to a marketing manager. There is absolutely no promotions assistant involved in this position. Do. Your. Research. This is not a job for people who actually want to get anywhere in the marketing field. I just want to help anyone else that is looking to start their career and not by solicitating products in Costco's.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Feb 2020

Interview

I applied online through Indeed and was contacted that same week to go through a preliminary phone screening. I was then able to come in and meet with a manager of the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Eclipse Marketing

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing in Nov 2019

Interview

Went in for my interview very curious about what this company does. After I left the interview I was very excited to hear that the company has a large focus on employee development. The company does sales for other fortune 100 companies. Something I’m excited to learn more about because that experience in sales can lead to a lot of opportunity in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Allen Park, MI) in Apr 2019

Interview

Straight forward, took place in what seemed to be a rented out office space in a different location from their "headquarters." Position is clearly not the same as described in job postings. In my second interview, my interviewer was 15 minutes late and began to indirectly tell me that the "marketing internship" was essentially becoming a sales person at retail stores. This is not marketing, it is a sales position requiring extensive commuting (should be described in any job posting). They make you aware of managing your own "team" after just a handful of months in the field at retail stores. Yes, too good to be true. Furthermore, all three people I met with left no room for declining the position and became rather pushy. Company felt close to what is a pyramid scheme with obvious deceptive recruiting tactics. Interviewing here was a complete waste of time - transparency with potential employees does not exist.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have reliable transportation? Give an example of how you worked with a team. What is your biggest weakness?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Dearborn, MI) in Feb 2019

Interview

I applied online and the very next day I received an email to schedule an interview. I arrived there and there was a good wait before they let me in. Then Mr. Weaver came and introduced himself and lead me to his office. The interview took 15 minutes and he asked a lot of questions. He said they would give me a call if they want me to move on to round two.

Interview Questions
  • Past job experience and details about the duties I performed.
  • Tell me some qualities about you that make you fit for this position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eclipse Marketing (Southfield, MI) in Jan 2019

Interview

*MARKETING INTERNS, IN-SCHOOL GRADS, FIRST-JOB LOOKERS BEWARE* Detroit based Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) Pyramid Scheme disguised as a legitimate marketing company. COMMISSION with only 12 an hour. If you don't meet your goal you'll only receive base-pay no commission. selling at@t, Direct TV, and Smart Home low-cost packages while hassling and soliciting at Costco's and other establishments. Will tell you that you can create your own "business", lies about amounts made and how much you will earn. Address: 3000 Center Plaza, Room 1505, Southfield Michigan Remember folks, Marketing is research & advertising based, made to earn the company money and help out the sales team. Not sell packages at Costco, not making sales. In definition that would not be Marketing. Very short and brief about 10-15 minutes. Will tell you to come to a second interview "if qualified" and you don't need a degree just a driver's license.

Interview Questions
  • what's your degree? I dropped out of Bowling Green University.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews