Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called to interview a day or two afterward. I came in and spoke with 3 attorneys of the firm for about a half an hour. They asked pretty standard questions - future plans, why I'd applied, what about the firm I found appealing. Casual, not unpleasant at all. I didn't get an offer, and wished they'd kept me updated on the position - I never heard anything back.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was contacted via email for an interview. I was interviewed by the person who held the job at the time. Additionally, I was interviewed by a name partner and another partner. It was pretty casual. I received an offer via the phone from the office manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you organized?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward. I applied through my university's career database (Edelman hires almost exclusively from Northwestern and UChicago alone). Came in for an interview two weeks later (I met with two of the partners). Questions were mainly about my resume and if/why I wanted to pursue a career in law. I received a callback with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and benefits are NOT negotiable. It was a take it or leave it scenario.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online by submitting via email.The whole process was just one interview in person in their offices, consisting of 2 partners and an associate. The mostly asked me questions about my past work experience, no behavioral questions. They are basically just making sure you are a normal person. The interview lasted about 20 min, very basic and nothing surprising.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at menial data entry tasks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with two attorneys. They were very nice. Their questions mostly revolved around my previous work experience and my personality.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview was only a 30 minutes total (and there was only one round). Personality-based interview with very basic/expected questions regarding why do you want to work in a law office, career aspirations, where do you see yourself in 5yrs, and description of your skills (attention to detail, organization, communication being important ones).

The interviewers seemed very nice, but there was very little specificity about the exact nature of the work or area of law the specific position would have exposure to -- I would suggest asking as this information will shape your experience at ECLG.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows a lot of diverse interests; why do you want to work in a law office?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - not on salary, start date, etc. It was a "take it or leave it" situation.

Be ready to accept when you call back about the hiring decision, because they only give you 2-4 days to decide.