Edwards Air Force Base Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edwards Air Force Base

Flight Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Air Force Base (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume through a university infosession. After a couple weeks, a recruiter reached out and setup a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly straightforward, all behavioral. After another week, I was invited to come for an on-site visit with some other candidates (out of pocket). The on-site was really nice - they took us on a tour of several facilities and had lunch. We met a lot of different FTEs. After another week, however, they emailed to say they were not offering me a job.

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edwards Air Force Base in May 2016.

Interview

It was on the phone. On the other line, there were 4 engineers. Overall they asked me behavioral questions. They wanted to know if I could get along with the team. Threw some jokes and overall just had a good conversation.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edwards Air Force Base in March 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview due to the distance of the location and very reasonable in terms of scheduling. Conference call with several test engineers, basic behavioral STAR questions with a few technical questions depending on which sector you're applying for.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edwards Air Force Base in July 2015.

Interview

The process when very smoothly. First, the person that brought me in introduce me to a couple of fellow engineers. They tell me about the kind of things I get will do there. Next, I was led on a tour to see the shop and the kind of things that is done in the division that I applied for. Finally, I was interview by another engineer on my technical ability. Overall, it was a good experience.

Statistical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edwards Air Force Base in December 2013.

Interview

Contacted via my information on the American Statistical Association website. They paid for a flight and rental car (later reimbursing me for the hotel). The interview was sitting down with the statisticians in the Flight Test Center and talking about my background and goals. It was rather personable and we even had lunch on base. I made a good impression and was given a conditional offer.

It's a government job so the next step was the background check and application for security clearance. Weeks later I was notified by the hiring manager that I could not be hired due to security issues. I was quite distressed so I spoke to the security staff to verify. It turns out there was no security problem and that hiring manager was lying and that they found someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Required an extremely long and detailed application for background check and security clearance.   Answer Question