Egnyte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egnyte Interview Questions

Interviews at Egnyte

2.6

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

Be careful about this company, they seem to have issues internally and sent me a very troubling mixed message during the interview process.

Talked to HR for 15 minutes by phone, and they told me I passed the first round. Overall the call was very smooth, and they asked about my skillset and previous job experiences. No email response for a week on what's next, and I followed up. Then later received a generic email saying they're actually not moving forward with my application.

Strange experience but definitely learned to AVOID EGNYTE moving forward!

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte in August 2020.

Interview

One of their Senior Level Sales Managers reached out to me on LinkedIn and asked if I'd be interested in joining their team. Had one call with him and was offered a contract, told him I wanted to speak with more people before making a decision so I spoke with two other people over the next week. After asking to speak with more people, they then withdrew the offer for a contract opportunity by telling me they decided to go in another direction.

Interview Questions

• how do you build a recruiting process?   1 Answer

Director of Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte in December 2019.

Interview

Quick phone screen, followed with three video calls.

There was a little bit of confusion with calendar invites, I did not receive an email for the second video call confirmation. It was a pretty straight forward interview. The only feedback I received for being rejected was that they are not looking for a longevity commitment for this role.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work history, leadership styles, and basic technical review.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egnyte.

Interview

Egnyte came to my career fair and reviewed resumes. After chatting about my experience and previous projects, I received an email to set up the first interview. The interview was a Hacker Rank challenge that needed to be solved in 1 hour and 30 minutes

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Spokane, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview with HR. Our schedules didn't align, and we had to reschedule. When we finally were able to have a remote call - not even a hello or a polite introduction. Her FIRST statement was, "Are you legally able to work in the U.S.?"

It wasn't a "I just want to check some boxes off because we are required to ask this." There wasn't even a "How's the weather?" or any sort of pleasantries. Just one look at me, and a "Are you legally able to work here?"

It's a important question to ask. But I can't help but imagine if a non-person of color were to have that same interview, and HR would start with, "How are you doing?" as a opener.

As a US citizen and a person of dark skin complexion in this political climate and in a city that's significantly not diverse, it's not just about if the role is a good fit, but if the environment is friendly.

If HR lacks that level of conscientiousness in regards to race - that's a huge red flag to the rest of the organization and possibly a unfriendly one. And the defense that the CEO is a person of color is a fallacy , as it has no bearing of theactions of a single HR person.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Spokane, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Was contacted within a few days. Had an initial 10 minute phone screening. Another 45 minute phone interview to follow. Last round of interviews was an in person interview in the office.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Egnyte.

Interview

Long and tedious and required me to do some homework on the company and on the product. It was good to meet senior management during the interview. Lots of insightful questions were asked.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

The person at the top had the worst questions for me. I was asked about my finances, debt, sick parents, my age, my ethnicity, my family background, and my ability to speak English.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte.

Interview

1) Interview with the Recruiter about the role.
    In the future, if you can please reply quickly instead of months will be helpful.

Commercial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Raleigh, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

Over promised, under-delivered - The recruiter is misrepresenting the opportunity on the grandest scale I have ever encountered. With each interview or phone conversation, expectations of the role become varied and less understandable.

Interview Questions

• If you had a superpower what would it be?   1 Answer