Egnyte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Don't waste your time interviewing at this company! They have a ridiculously long and drawn out interview process where they make you interview with more than a dozen people over six rounds of interviews. Every round of interviews revealed additional problems with the company. No one is on the same page. They blame each other for problems. They even have people who their management team says they're ok with firing once you're hired interview you!

Interview Questions

• Topics: past experience, behavioral, management style, architecture and design, coding, etc.   Answer Question

Business Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

A lot of time was spent on the phone interviewing excessively describing their company culture (which conflicts with other reviews). You then complete the end of the process and have no idea of what is going on internally. Unless you speak with the hiring manager up front, you may be wasting your time.

Product Development New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte.

Interview

Was called by HR for a standard behaivor questions. The person seemed very friendly and didn't really know much about the technical aspects but was following just an instructed information they had. I messed up by mentioning a concept wrong which probably knocked me off for qualifying.

Interview Questions

Egnyte Response

Sep 26, 2016 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to offer Egnyte your feedback. We take it very seriously and are continually working to improve the candidate experience. We hope you have found a great place to land.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Egnyte (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I have applied this position through linkedin and after 1 week i got telephonic interview scheduled with resource manager. I have followed up with resource manager but i got email saying that my profile is bypassed. I didn't even got opportunity for technical screening.

Interview Questions

• Basic question were asked such as education, experience etc..   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Egnyte.

Interview

The recruiter called me to discuss my background and my experience. He is quick to bringing you in and to sell you on the company. He invited me to an onsite interview a few days after the phone interview to meet with the sales team. The interview with the sales manager and sales reps are standard and not very well organized. Do your homework and research the group you are interviewing with and the people you will be working with. This is your place if you want to be a part of a fraternity.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Recruiter does a quick screen then bring you on site, then you meet the hiring manager and a few people. They need you to sign NDA and make it sounds very formal and secretive.

The schedule on the day is not very organized. They went quiet after the onsite, no update and no follow up. They are fishing for resume and ideas, very doubtful they are serious to hire to the fraternity.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Started the process with an internal recruiter reaching out to me to clarify my experience and verify my current compensation. He confirmed my compensation was within their range for the role. We continued the interview process for weeks, and I was genuinely excited about the team, the role and my potential manager...then received a low-ball offer? Tried to negotiate but they claimed my compensation was far out of their range for the role. Unfortunate waste of everyone's time at best, deceitful recruiter at worst.

Interview Questions

• Thorough interview process and was able to meet the marketing team, peers, and CEO. All very smart and nice people, especially liked the CMO and thought she'd be a great manager.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied using LinkedIn. I got a call 2 days later asking to schedule a phone interview that same week. 2 days later, I had the phone interview. The interviewer said that they were in the middle of phone interviews and would e-mail me 2-3 weeks later. I e-mailed him 3 weeks later when I didn't hear anything from him and he didn't e-mail me back.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?
      How much do you get paid right now?
      How much notice would you need to leave your current job?
      Answer Question

SMB Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I had an initial phone call with their internal recruiter and then about a week later came on site to meet with two different sales managers and two of the team members. There were no trick questions. Just an honest back and forth conversation about what my background was and what the position would be.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a personal reference from a friend. From there, there was a phone screen from a recruiter, followed by in-office interview, with a partial job shadow the following week. Unless you know someone inside the company, it is really difficult to get an interview. Everyone is very friendly and so long as you know your stuff and are confident that you know yourself and can present that you are confident, you are good. Be sure you come off strong. This position needs backbone.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of Zen Desk or have any experience with it?   Answer Question