Egnyte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Egnyte

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I had a couple of calls from them and from an engineer before on an site interview. There were three interview questions. Two technical, and one sort of technical about design with a non-technical employee. One of the people who interviewed me was some manager who was very disrespectful. As soon as we started his interview, he started answering emails while interviewing me and barely paid attention.

From the start the recruiter seemed to limit my salary expectations and I later found out why. Their offer was honestly sad. It was an irritating low ball compared to other software engineer positions around the area, in the 90k's. I ended up accepting an offer with a compensation well beyond that. Don't waste your time unless you are truly desperate, and keep applying for other places if you do accept!

Interview Questions

• Questions about algorithms.

One was the classic leetcode stock question-given prices throughout a day, determine the best times to buy/sell to make the most profit. Also make it work for examples where the stock price only decreases.

Another question about Fibonacci and how to implement it with and without recursion.

Last one was a question about how you would distribute a certain software version to different customers (design).   Answer Question

It was a complete low-ball, not even worth negotiating. Seemed to have next to no benefits, too (no 401k match).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte in October 2018.

Interview

Principal engineer reached out via email with a brief description and links about the company and the roles Egnyte is looking to fill. We spoke at a career fair. Then a recruiter reached out with a coding challenge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Started the process with an internal recruiter reaching out to me to clarify my experience and verify my current compensation. He confirmed my compensation was within their range for the role. We continued the interview process for weeks, and I was genuinely excited about the team, the role and my potential manager...then received a low-ball offer? Tried to negotiate but they claimed my compensation was far out of their range for the role. Unfortunate waste of everyone's time at best, deceitful recruiter at worst.

Interview Questions

• Thorough interview process and was able to meet the marketing team, peers, and CEO. All very smart and nice people, especially liked the CMO and thought she'd be a great manager.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Egnyte in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews followed by in-person interviews. Recruiter was competent, but HR staff was disorganized and left me sitting in a conference room for quite a while. Interviewers seemed severely dissatisfied and confused about company / team goals.

Upper management interviewer was extremely rude during the interview. I got the impression that he was looking for a yes-man with no sense of self-worth. He asked me questions such as "Are you willing to respond to emails 24/7?"

Did not receive an offer. If I had, I would have hastily declined.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was personally contacted via LinkedIn by one of Egnyte's senior leaders and invited for a phone screening. We had a quick but informative phone call, and after about 3-4 weeks I was brought onsite for an in-person interview. I had laid-back exploratory conversations with leaders from several disciplines, including the CEO. It was a positive experience — I didn't feel like I was being scrutinized under a microscope; rather, it was a two-way conversation in which all parties got to know each other with the goal of understanding whether I was the right fit. The questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• What would be a reason for you not to accept a job offer from Egnyte?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied using LinkedIn. I got a call 2 days later asking to schedule a phone interview that same week. 2 days later, I had the phone interview. The interviewer said that they were in the middle of phone interviews and would e-mail me 2-3 weeks later. I e-mailed him 3 weeks later when I didn't hear anything from him and he didn't e-mail me back.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?
      How much do you get paid right now?
      How much notice would you need to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was an internal referral and went through a somewhat different route than usual.

I was interviewed by the other senior engineers, PM and a recruitment director on video and overall had a pleasant experience discussing the minutia of scaling a large distributed application, of the software life-cycle, of caching and invalidation problems.

I was impressed with the overall knowledge of the people interviewing me and that contributed to my decision to accept the offer later.

Since I was interviewed remotely, I asked for an in-office visit to "feel the culture" and talk with some more employees. From watching the lunch/break room and seeing people smiling and happy (and playing board games and card games during breaks) I got a strong sense of team spirit.

Note: I was warned that "coming without high energy levels" might be a problem, as this is a startup environment and not "corporate america". Since I actually wanted a place like that it I liked that statement.

Interview Questions

• How to scale a distributed app   Answer Question
    • issues I've had with distributed team concerning SDLC   Answer Question
    • Caching details - why, centralized vs in-memory, invalidation issues, multi-process and concurrency issues   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egnyte in January 2018.

Interview

HR interview about different technologies used followed by phone screen. Asked some system design questions in the phone screen about web sockets, push vs pull model, load balancer, data replication etc.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Egnyte in October 2018.

Interview

Round 1: Recruiter reached out to me after applying on Linkedin. This was more of an informal chat about my experience/education/expectations.

Round 2: Scheduled a 2nd round fairly quickly. This was an hour long interview on phone with the Senior Product Manager. It was tough, but a fair interview. Prepare well to answer the typical product management interview questions and you should be fine. I unfortunately didn't make it past this round.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite application? How would you improve the revenue? What are the metrics you would consider?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egnyte in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted very quickly for a phone screen. The recruiter was on time and had actually read my resume. We had a very engaging conversation, the recruiter was well prepared with questions. In fact a little too prepared, it became apparent quickly that the recruiter wanted to get through all the questions. While it was apparent the recruiter was excited about the company I was often interrupted before I could finish. This went on for the entire interview. We ended on a positive note that the recruiter was talking to more people but promised to get back to me in no more than 3 days with next steps. After a week, and several attempts to contact the recruiter, I received an email that I was not a fit, no explanation. It is sad that a company thinks so little of their management candidates that they do not contact as promised and fail to give any details.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last company?   1 Answer