Eide Bailly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

ERP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Fargo, ND) in January 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. HR kept me updated throughout the process with helpful feedback. Two phone interviews plus on-site. Although my skills were not quite the right fit, I was treated with respect and thoughtfulness.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to putting a jigsaw puzzle together?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly.

Interview

Was invited to apply through an on-campus recruitment presentation. Went through two rounds of interviews: one on-campus, and one at company headquarters. Visited with several representatives of the company during this process. I felt as though the on-campus interviewers were much more engaged and interested in me as a candidate. While at company headquarters, many of the individuals I interviewed with seemed pressed for time and disinterested. May have just caught them at a bad day. Overall, don't let interviewers' attitudes intimidate you, you're most likely doing fine, they may just be preoccupied with other work issues.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boise, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was pretty casual and conversational. It was a one on one interview and none of the questions were difficult. During the second round interview, I met with HR to go over the benefits package and then was taken over to the panel interview. The second interview was a panel of three consisting of partners and managers. They were all very nice and the questions were typical. Afterwards I was given a tour of their office and was invited out for a social night.

In total, from the application to offer acceptance, the entire process has taken 5 1/2 weeks. The first interview was on a Monday and I was notified of the second interview by Friday that same week.
    After the second round and the social night, I was contacted the following day about an offer and given a week to consider the decision.

After speaking with a former instructor, I became aware that first year hires are not normally given the opportunity to negotiate salary, nor are they expected to negotiate. I went ahead and accepted the 48,000 base salary, which is really great in the Boise area for a first year hire with no real experience. However, my instructor had mentioned that the law is changing for 2017 that says that professionals paid less than 47,000 must be paid for overtime which is why the offer is 48,000 with no overtime pay. Otherwise the base salary would be around 42,000.

Anyway, from my impression, this firm seems like a great place to work.

Best of luck to those reading this and preparing for interviews with Eide Bailey. :)

Interview Questions

• - What are three words your friends would use to describe you?
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Give an example of a time you had to meet a tight deadline.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a couple partners and HR. They were easy to talk to and didn't ask too many hard questions. The process took a little over an hour. They seemed very engaged and answered my questions very thoroughly and gave me a good picture of what it was like to work at Eide Bailly.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

I applied online through UND's career website. The recruiters visited campus, came to a bowling event, and attended our career fair prior to my interview. I visited with associates during these events and eventually had a formal interview with a recruiter the day after our career fair. I was notified of my interview results within two days.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Accounting Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Mankato, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first, with standard questions about my experience, top qualities, etc., and about a week later I was offered an interview. At that time they requested 5 references (online only), background & employment screening, and a predictive index screen. My in-person interview was about 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

They were very nice and pleasant to talk to and the process was fairly routine. A couple of questions I wasn't totally prepared for, but then I haven't done very many high level interviews (phone screen.) My lack of a positive experience is that the interviewer insisted that she would get back to me in a day or two (after I asked her about the hiring process) and tell me if I was going on to the next level. After over a week of nothing I emailed her and got the reply that they had decided to continue with some others. I'm worried about missing their reply and they could care less. However, I was probably naive to believe that they would call when they said they would because I think I will be back with this same review for another company.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions that you can find by googling "interview questions."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, a meet and greet night, and then in office interviews one on one with 3 partners/managers and the administrative person. They would sometimes ask questions from the paper but for the most part it was very conversational. The only negative was how long it took for them to get back about an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very normal. The recruiter gave me a detailed description about the company, their culture and the position and asked me few questions about
    1. What I knew about their company?
    2. What I was looking for in my ideal job?
    3. What areas I have audited and what industries I have audited before?
    4. What industries I was most comfortable with?
    5. Top 3 work skills?
    6. Salary expectations?

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 work skills to be fit in the position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in February 2016.

Interview

The process was handled through a recruiter. I first had an hour phone interview with the recruiter. Standard sort of interview. Questions about my resume, my interest in the position, etc. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about a month later. Kind of a long delay. Same sort of questions about my resume, my interest in the position, my communication style, etc. About a month after that I was asked to come into their office for an in-person interview. This was awkward. First, the hiring manager, who I spoke to on the phone about a month before, seemed almost irritated to be there. Next, the other two clearly didn’t have the same background that I did and seemed uncomfortable with asking technical or detailed questions. Overall, it just didn’t feel right and I got a generic sort of email a couple of days later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

There are three things with this company that really bothered me. First, after every interview, the recruiter would email me the day after and then call me when I replied to discuss how I felt about the interview. Kind of like she wanted a blow by blow of exactly what happened and how I felt the entire time. Even the interview I had with her. Honestly, I didn’t response to her after the in-person interview because I knew I didn’t want to work with them.

Second, they required me to fill out some online form for professional references after the phone interview with the recruiter and it was required before I interviewed with the hiring manager. I don’t have anything against professional references at all, but, I thought, this was premature considering I hadn’t even discuss the position with the hiring manager. The worst part of this was each of my references received an excessive and cumbersome questionnaire with 45 questions (rating my past performance from 1 to 5) and 5 free form questions with a minimum of 250 characters. I thought this was way overkill and they required at least 4 of the 5 references to complete this questionnaire before allowing me to discuss the position with the hiring manager.

Lastly, I had the feeling during the phone interview with the hiring manager and certainly during the in-person interview that the company was just looking for potential prospects. They didn’t actually have an open position that they needed filled. Rather they were just interviewing candidates to see if there was someone they absolutely couldn’t live without. The company is an advisory firm and such organizations are actually owned and operated by numerous “partners.” I kind of had the sense they were more looking for potential partners than actual employees. I am definitely not partnership material and even stated that during my phone interview with the recruiter, which didn’t appear to have made it to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How I handle public speaking, providing training and presentations to professional organizations.   1 Answer