Einstein Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Einstein Industries

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

1. phone interview with hr
    2. in person interview with hiring manager
    3. panel interview with cfo, sales reps, and hr
    4. interview with ceo

fairly easy if you know how to talk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

phone call. salary discussions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I replied to a add on LinkedIn and was emailed the next day. The HR manager spoke with me on the phone for about 20 minutes, then scheduled my to come in the following day for an in person interview. I arrived early, what I noticed was the office seemed small and put together quickly I can't exactly explain it but for a company that has been around for a while it looked cheap. There were exposed taped wires cheap computers and tv and it wasn't very clean. There were about 30 desk and maybe 7 employees were working and not one of them greeted me or even made eye contact with me. I found that every strange. When I signed in there was about 10 people who had already interviewed and it was still about two hours before lunch. I feel like the company may just interview a lot of people for some kind of numbers game, maybe they get money per interview. Not sure. But there really wasn't many employees working. When I was Interviewed it was exactly 6 Min I guess I was a little nervous but the questions were about my background and other bland questions the people who interviewed me looked like very young people with not too much experience themselves. Before I left they said they would call be , which they did not they emailed me the next morning basically saying they meet so many strong candidates they were going to pursue and although they were impressed they were going with the other candidates. It didn't really make sense to me but I really feel they don't really hire people there anyways or that it's a real job I don't know. If they were truly looking for for talent and to thrive in more sales , which clearly they need, that would be hiring people like myself but I'm sure I dodged a bullet. The salary was pretty low and actually the next day I got a great offer with a great company for 2 X more the salary. I just wanted to write this so people out there who go for an interview are aware based on my experience and others. Personally I would not waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Would I be ok with calling 50 people and getting 48 no's how would I handle it.   Answer Question

Oct 16, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and I would like to apologize if you felt that the interview process was a negative experience. I can assure you that we do hire individuals... More

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple phone interview followed by an in office interview by Sales Director, Sales Manager, and HR.
    Phone interview was with Jessica in HR, really cool and nice. Michael Hurley, Dave DaSilva and Jessica were all in the interview process which lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were standard and focused around being able to called call for 7 hours a day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – HR

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. The phone screen was standard. I had my first initial in person interview at the beginning of the week. I came back a couple days later and they let me know the afternoon of my interview that I got the job. The first round of interviews was pretty basic. They got to know me and told me more about the company. The second round of interviews was a little bit tougher. We role played and I got a lot of questions and objections thrown my way. It was a tad intimidating but paid off because I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Standard sale position questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Einstein Industries in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they get back to you fairly fast. The Interviewers were very nice. There was a phone interview and a first and second round interview as well. The phone interview was just like any other phone interview. And, the first and second round interview had pretty much the same questions but with different interviewers from the company. Overall, it was a good interview experience.

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Einstein Industries.

Interview

This was a 3 step process: quick 10 minute phone interview, then an in person interview, then a second interview by a panel of 5.

From phone interview to in person was about 2 weeks; I was quickly called for the second interview which was scheduled for the following day.

I had originally applied for a different position; I was told that it the scope of the job had changed, although in the same field. I can deal with that.

Questions were average, but i was surprised to find they were more focused on the original position (digital marketing manager) that I had applied for, and less relevant for the revised position (email marketing manager).

I'm really writing this to agree with the other reviewer who uncovered the flaw in Einstein's hiring process, and that is the practice of telling a candidate that they decided to go with someone else while at the same time reposting the ad. I received a voicemail at about 9AM saying they were "going forward with another candidate that blew them out of the water"; at about 6pm i saw the position reposted on linkedin with the timestamp saying it was posted 9 hours prior. That coincided precisely with the time i received the voicemail.

One must wonder if lying is endemic in the corporate culture, or if the recruiter just didn't know how to handle this type of situation.

Interview Questions

Einstein Industries Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and we apologize that you felt as if you were misled with our decision to not consider you for our Email Marketing Position. First let me... More

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a three stage interview process: phone, 1st in-person, 2nd in-person. Jessica, the company recruiter, was my guide through the process and was incredibly helpful. I was impressed with the company when I visited the office for my first in-person interview. I noticed the open layout and was interested to see a mix of employees collaborating, some working independently with headphones on, and others in the sales area moving around and having lively discussions. Employees seemed positive and productive, I wanted to join them!

Meeting the executive team for my final interview was nerve wracking, but again I found that the prevailing attititude with this firm is creativity with a focus on producing results. Upon accepting the position and now having worked for Einstein for many months, my initial opinions of the work environment still ring true. I am very happy to be working with these creative and highly intelligent folks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the components of a strategic email marketing campaign.   Answer Question
    • Which email marketing software applications have you used? Which would you suggest that we use and why?   Answer Question

Nov 11, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so happy to have you join the team!!

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then a face to face interview, They also make you role play a scenario when calling into a doctors office. They also have different Regional managers come in and interview you as well. They want to make sure that all managers approve of the hire since they are the ones who ultimately decide which team you will end up working on and which territory best fits you and your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hired on the spot. First time they have done this with a new employee.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process with some of the current copywriters where they outline the tasks and assess your ability to complete them, as well as learn a bit about your background. At the end there is a writing assessment for a sample copywriting assignment, similar to one that might be necessary in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Administrtive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Einstein Industries (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied to their ad on Craigslist and got a response from the HR Manager.

We spoke on the phone, then I came in for my interview, I spoke with a manager and HR manager. We went over my qualifications then they had me to a data entry test which was creating a posting to Angie's List from information found on a paper they gave me.

I left and got an email within the next two days for a second interview the following week. I went and it was a group interview with the manager from the week prior and two additional people. They asked me questions about what type of worker I am, my past experience and software knowledge relevant to growth within a web design/ email marketing position.

Seemed like a nice company. Clean. The designers worked in an open space where all their desk were pushed together with no cubicle walls and they had extremely low lighting, like at Hollister. On one wall by where I sat was a refrigerator and water cooler. Surrounding the open space with the designers were offices and conference rooms.

I got an email later saying the position had been filed. Then I saw they had re-posted the position on Craigslist the same day they sent me the email and every week after for a few months.

Interview Questions

Einstein Industries Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review as we look to improve our practices here at Einstein. We apologize that you had a poor experience with our interview process. We did indeed... More