Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Technical Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).

Interview

A 5 hour interview consisting of typical STAR questions and a presentation. Typically several interviewers at once.

Part-way through, when it was just me and the hiring manager, he said to me something along the lines of "we're looking for a candidate that doesn't look like you." With follow-up comments, it was clear he was looking for someone older for the role. This is definitely a company with the "old guard" attitude where years of experience matter more than skills and ability. I had no interest in the position following this comment. I put in little effort for the rest of the interview and received an offer, but declined it instantly.

Remember you are interviewing the company as much as they are interviewing you. If you meet a manager like that, run away.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Nine (9) months ago I was initially approached by a recruiter saying that I would be great fit for some jobs that would be opening up. I had not applied and agreed to a 1 hour telephone interview. The interview went well, but I never heard back. Followup Inquiries to the individual seemed to imply that the positions were either on hold or cancelled outright. Two months ago, I noticed a couple of postings that seemed to fit the positions i was approached about seven (7) months earlier.

I applied to the postings and quickly received a call from a different HR person that she thought I would be a great fit. Three (3) separate 1 hour telephone interviews later (w/HR person, the hiring manager, and a peer), I was told that I was not a good fit and there was a better candidate.

Having been a hiring manager myself and having been interviewed a few times myself, I was somewhat taken aback by the need for four (4) telephone interview calls. Two (2) calls should have sufficed, one from the initial HR screener and one from the hiring manager.

Anyway, all the individuals seemed nice, but please be a little more decisive and respectful to candidates by not wasting their time. It shouldn't take four (4) hours of telephone time to screen an individual out. If it was that tough of a decision you should have made the decision based on a face-to-face interview. You owed it to yourselves and the candidate to at least invest enough in a plane ticket and hotel to be sure.

Interview Questions

• Give me a synopsis of how you can help our organization help the industry given the current tough economic trends.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people, 3 in person and 1 remote. The interview took about 2 hours and was well organized. Everyone was very professional and extremely personable. This was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your ultimate goals?
      What will you bring to the table?
      The questions were pretty standard, but there also was a lot of general conversation as well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR about the position and set up an interview for the following week. Was interviewed by a panel of 5 people from the team and was asked basic behavioral questions and given a scenario on which how an online form would be tested.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient but once interviews were done, there was no follow up to advise me whether or not I got the job. I had to email and follow up myself but I was told that they should have answer by end of week. I wait for two more weeks and figured that they did not want to extend the offer. I wished the recruiters would just send follow up email and say something whether yay or nay, I just want to know so I can move on.

Interview Questions

• Beside the questions relevant to job I applied for, they also ask about strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I had multiple interviews. Started with someone in HR, then Director of Sourcing and then five rounds of in person interviews. Everyone was very nice throughout the process. Some asked harder questions than others.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was repetitively easy. just show interest even if you don't have any experience in the subject. there were almost no technical questions. it felt more like they were looking at personality first, and then interest, and then technical ability.

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I did a single phone interview and was offered about a week later. They are quite quick on responding if you have the skill set. Most of their interview process is on the job. They'll fire you right away if you don't have do the right work.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen then an on-site with a peer group. Each asked questions about how I would handle the role. All expressed agreement with my answers. I was told at the end of the interview they would be calling me with an offer. I followed up later that week and was told to expect a call on Friday. No one called and the role was filled. I still did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this role to support these new efforts at EPRI?   Answer Question

Student Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, with the manager and one of the other employees, asked about past experience and how it could help in this position, asked how I could contribute to the company