Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I had multiple interviews. Started with someone in HR, then Director of Sourcing and then five rounds of in person interviews. Everyone was very nice throughout the process. Some asked harder questions than others.

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I did a single phone interview and was offered about a week later. They are quite quick on responding if you have the skill set. Most of their interview process is on the job. They'll fire you right away if you don't have do the right work.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen then an on-site with a peer group. Each asked questions about how I would handle the role. All expressed agreement with my answers. I was told at the end of the interview they would be calling me with an offer. I followed up later that week and was told to expect a call on Friday. No one called and the role was filled. I still did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this role to support these new efforts at EPRI?   Answer Question

Student Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, with the manager and one of the other employees, asked about past experience and how it could help in this position, asked how I could contribute to the company

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience help with this position?   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two employees. The process took approximately 1 hour. It has been 5 months and I still haven't heard from the interviewer or HR about the position. I am assuming that I didn't get the job. It would have been nice to at least get an email saying that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a weakness I have, and what have I done to overcome this weakness.   Answer Question

Technical Leader - Advanced Metering Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Knoxville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to have a phone screen but never did. They kept calling me and never returned my calls. They eventually just brought me onsite. I interviewed with 6 people for 30mins each and led a presentation to a small group. All went very well, including all of the interviews, except one. I was given no technical questions at all, i had one interviewer who asked me questions about my current company's proprietary technology that I really couldn't answer. The questioning in the interview led me to believe that they had contacted my current managers without my permission prior to the interview. This was confirmed later and it had a negative impact on my current employment. This was wrong...but not entirely a surprise given the inbred nature of the utility industry.

I really wish they had saved us both time and eliminated me during the phone screen process, but after thinking about it I believe they went forward with my interview at the behest of my current management to find out what I was up to and convince me not to leave.

I noted that one interviewer had poor communication skills, poor people skills, and was averse to the idea of managing people. I felt like I was perceived as a threat...and believe that a lesser person was eventually hired that would remain subservient.

Interview Questions

• What do your current managers say about you?   3 Answers

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone call to plan the date. Interview was with about half a dozen people who were managers as well as peers. Some were long time employees and some were new. Some of the interview questions were technical and others were standard about how to approach resolution to a problem, how to manage projects and related topics. The interview process lasted all day and included me giving a technical presentation to a small group. I got to select the topic and was informed in advance so that I would have something prepared. The group asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging questions were related to my presentation - the people in the room were really paying attention and wanted more in-depth information than was included in the slides   Answer Question
    • There were questions about moving across the country, and how i felt about that   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in June 2014.

Interview

My adviser told me that there is vacancy and he asked me if I wanted to come. And I personally contact the manager and then HR took over. The interview took only half an hour talking about what we are gonna do and if I am qualified for this project. And that is done. Everything is smooth just took a month to proceed

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about the previous experience in implementing OPF and skills of oop   Answer Question

SAP BI/BW HANA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calif City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Calif City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Technical interview by client.They confirmed me about joining within 10 days.i have joined after 2 weeks.i am working here from last 2 years. EPRI is good company to work. i am working here as HANA consultant

Interview Questions

• About my previous project work   1 Answer

Technical Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Telephone interview with technical staff then HR. Then in person in Knoxville, TN office. Everything was a bit unorganized and unclear when working with HR assistant but when I met Sr HR person she was very knowledgable about the position and the company as a whole. Very impressive. Some of the the people I interviewed with have written books and papers I have read and studied.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a task that I was given that I as not able to complete. Was left to me if I decided to explain why.   Answer Question