Eligo Recruitment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eligo Recruitment Interview Questions

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Wimbledon, England (UK)).

Interview

There was a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview at the office in Wimbledon, which was scheduled flexibly around my then current job. Having no previous experience there was lots of informative detail about recruitment and what to expect. It was relaxed but not informal. John Doherty, one of the Directors, made me feel particularly at ease with his down to earth and friendly approach. There were some well thought-out questions to answer but nothing that made me feel uncomfortable, and there were lots of laughs!

IT Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was extremely long and composed by 4 phases: phone interview, video project, face-to-face interview, multiple written assignments.

After passing the phone interview, they asked me to record this brief video on why I was the right person for the job. I did it the next day, and they called me for a face-to-face interview. It was a long one (2 hours). I was interviewed by 6 of the Company's senior members, and they made me do very different tasks, from creative ones to more technical. After the interview, I was told that they were impressed by me, and was asked to prepare 3 written tasks of different nature, and they gave me a deadline saying that "prompt" feedback would follow regardless of the hiring result.

I promptly completed the tasks but the company disappeared for more than 10 days. I had to contact them to ask for feedback, and even then they told me that they were going to call me the next day and they didn't . After 2 days from there, they try to reschedule a call for providing me with feedback but I was understandably fed up and I never replied.

The interviewing process was not unpleasant in itself, but the highly unprofessional behaviour that followed made me write this review. I spent two good weeks preparing for the whole process, and I wasn't dignified with a decent response.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with an online task, comprising a number of different sections- the most daunting of which was a short video describing yourself, your experience and what you feel you could bring to the company. After taking 25 minutes to record a minute long video clip, I filled in the other sections, comprising of similar topics- what experience do you have in a sales or sales-like environment seemed to be the main focus of these questions.

After successfully completing this section, I was invited in to have a face-to-face interview. Arriving, I found I was one of three applicants on the day. A quick introduction by the senior manager explained how the day was to be structured- we had 4 tasks to complete, and would move around them separately.

Starting off with a Q&A session with the senior manager, which involved similar questions to the prior online seciton, was a nice starting point for myself. Being sat nearby the other staff in the office put me at ease, as it felt like I was already being involved in everything despite it being my first time in the office.

The next step was writing a draft message to a person, based on their LinkedIn profile. Using the provided profile, we had to write a message that showed an interest in the person's profile, without being too "sales-y", with a limit of around 120 words. I feel like this was a good choice of activity, as it gave you a brief idea of the sort of work you would be carrying out on a day-to-day basis whilst still starting you off lightly, given my lack of experience.

Following this was a more standard interview with one of the directors. This focused more on my CV, my university experience and why it was that I wanted to go into recruitment. Despite being with a director in his office, I still felt comfortable and able to say what I wanted to say, no doubt thanks to the director coming across as an actual approachable human being!

The final stage was with the other director, as a sales task. Given the 5 steps of selling, and 5 minutes to write a brief script, I was tasked with selling the director a stainless steel water bottle. Again, this was made easier by the approachable nature of the director, but was none-the-less slightly daunting due to my lack of experience. After tackling the task, we were all thanked for our time, and left- I think I spent a total of 2 hours in the office.

Arriving home, I did not expect to hear back from them until at least the next day- to my surprise, about 2 hours later I received a call from the senior manager, with feedback on how they felt everything went, along with the offer of a trial period relating to my lack of prior office experience. They were completely honest about this, which I appreciated, and I accepted the offer.

My trail week started the following week, at the end of which I had a meeting with senior management in which they expressed that they were happy with how my week had gone, and offered me the role on a full-time basis, which I happily accepted!

Interview Questions

• To sell a stainless steel water bottle   1 Answer

Technology Marketing Assistant Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online by sending across my C.V and then uploading my skills and experience to an online process, this also included recording a video of myself to explain why I would be good for the role. I got through to the second stage and was invited to an assessment day with 6 other applicants.

This was a different experience for me as it was my first "assessment day" with other applicants, we were each given 6 different tasks to complete with different members of the team, this was a great opportunity to meet the Eligo team and a good opportunity to experience what it would be like to work at Eligo. The team were friendly and helpful with completing the tasks which reduced the pressure of it being an interview situation.

Overall it was a good interview experience and I a chance to show my skills in full capacity, rather than how I perform in a normal one to one interview- it was not intimidating like some one on one interviews can be.

Lead Contract Consultant (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

John Doherty, one of the MDs, had messaged me via LinkedIn a few weeks before my first interview. Although I didn't reply immediately, the nature of the message really stood out. He briefly explained who Eligo were, what their plans were moving forward and how, based on my experience, I'd fit in. I wasn't happy where I was and I decided to take the plunge and message him back. I then spoke to Andy Molloy on the phone outside of work hours. We spoke for almost an hour about why I want to move, what I'd be looking to do, what I'd like to earn (short term and long term) and how I can get there with Eligo. I then came in for a face to face interview (again, after work) and went through my billings, the way I work, what I can improve on, how Eligo can improve me etc. I came away thinking feeling very positive and the next (and final) stage was to do a Business Plan. I'd never done one before but it really rammed home that if you're a Senior Recruiter, Eligo genuinely let you run and grow your own business within theirs. My Business Plan was signed off, we discussed basic salary / package - and I accepted! I haven't looked back since.

Interview Questions

• From what we've discussed in the interview process and your business plan, are you confident that Eligo can help you get to where you want to be?   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was approached by the company after having applied for a job through them 6 months prior and asked if I would like to interview for the role. The interview process included an informal sit down with the Marketing Manager and Director, and was followed by a second stage which included a couple of marketing tasks to show my skills such as a writing task, marketing and social strategy question, and a brainstorm of ideas. I later found out this was the area that won me the job and an opportunity to showcase your ability past simply an interview that not many other companies I interviewed for offered.

Feedback was great and offered even after being employed, the process was smooth and quick, and everyone I met very welcoming and accomodating.

Interview Questions

• How have you applied your Marketing Experience in previous roles   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Really relaxed interview with the MD, who is always great pleasure to speak to. Made me feel calm, which immediately improved my confidence and ability to show my good qualities. It was clear he was not judging me just by my CV, but by my personality as well. It was great, having in mind i did not have that much experience at the time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in this role? Are you eager to learn? How many languages do you speak? Are you ambitious?   Answer Question

Lead Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fulham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eligo Recruitment (Fulham, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was initially given a telephone interview by John Doherty and then came for a face-to-face meeting with the management team. Following this I attended interview again during which I had to present a Business Plan to Andy Molloy and John Doherty. At all these stages I was treated in a very friendly way and it was made to be a very enjoyable process. Feedback was good and it was clear that it is a well run agency with Consultants who are the best at what they do. I was very keen to be made an offer - it was the role and agency I wanted to join over all others and I turned down five other roles to join Eligo.

Interview Questions

• It was a very relaxed yet thorough and professional interview process during which all the normal types of questions were asked and the chance given for me to learn all about the role and Company too. At an Eligo interview you immediately get to experience the friendliness, good humour and support of the management team and feel the warmth of the Company you are joining and that is how it continues when you are employed by Eligo.   1 Answer
    • It was clear that individual talent and personality is encouraged at Eligo and the environment is one of encouragement and reward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Eligo are very fair in what they offer and the commission structure is fair too. You are offered the opportunity to do well and earn well.