Elitch Gardens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

1.6

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy, low key, informal interview, one person interviewer. Two day orientation and one day on the job training. Drug screen (urine) was performed immediately after interview if you passed the interview. Then paperwork was completed after an on-site online pre-orientation of Elitch Gardens.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Elitch's? Why Elitch's Security department?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work mornings, afternoons and/or evenings or any?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then got called in to interview at the HR office about 3 days later. When I got there, I was directed to a hallway where tons of other people were waiting, and then was directed to a room where I had a super brief interview. Just generic interview questions, super easy and friendly, and got immediately hired. The long and painful part was waiting for them to sift through all of our paperwork and we all had to take drug tests. Other than that (it took around an hour and a half all together due to the business) it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a supervisor   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an upset customer   1 Answer
    • Why would you want to be a ride operator?   1 Answer
    • If you're best friend were here, what are 3 things they'd describe you with/as?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think I should hire you? (What do you have to offer?)   Answer Question

Marketing and Promotions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very personable and easy to talk to. In addition to asking about my experience, they also asked several questions about what I was looking for in a job to ensure a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Example of how you have handled balancing multiple responsibilities.   Answer Question

Games Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens.

Interview

One thing they did after some standard interview questions was have me go out into the parking lot and stand several yards away from them and I was told to yell out what I would yell if I were at a games booth trying to attract people to play the game. Very on the spot to see if you are then kind of person who is comfortable yelling/advertising and putting yourself out there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Elitches?   Answer Question
    • What would you personally contribute to this job position?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you've had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle and solve the situation?   Answer Question

Required that all employees work on the 4th of July and I already had a commitment on that day.

Warehouse Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online in June, was called within 2 days, and asked to come in for an interview which happened to be with another person due to high volumes of hires. The actual interview took about 15 min and then I was offered the job and asked to do the background check and slideshow orientation right on site. I would say the whole process took an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Elitch Gardens?   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens.

Interview

I applied online for food service, then got an email asking when I wanted to set up an interview. When I went they brought me into a big room with other people for a group interview but a guy grabbed my resume out of my hand, and then a woman called my name. I went into a room with her and started an interview. I got the job but it was for retail. Then you have to come back the next week for orientation, after that you come back the next week for training. In training you get to pick where you want to do retail, attractions, candy, district, etc. once you are hired a supervisor calls you and asks when you are available but I had to wait 2 weeks to finish another day of training. Once you show up they just throw you into the job and show you real quick what to do then leave. They say call if you have any question but they get mad at you for not knowing anything. As I worked more I still had questions because they never properly trained me.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call within an hour from a HR representative to make an appointment for an interview. The actual interview was in a group of about 5. We were all asked standard interview questions, 'Why do you want to work here? ;Tell me about yourself? What are you strengths? What are your weaknesses?' Then the representative called us out into a different room individually and asked where we wanted to work in the park, why, and would we be alright working with children in kiddie land. Afterwards, they told you if you had the job, and if you did, you scheduled a time for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retail Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in with two other people and we started to talk about ourselves first (i.e. our names, what school we went to, etc). After asking us questions concerning our work ethic, the interviewer had us create a scene for him. Two of the interviewees were applying for a job in the games department so the interviewer asked them how they would convince me to playing there game. That was different yet super fun and it made the interview process a lot less scary. When we were done he brought us out one by one to tell us if we got the job or not. I got the job so he told me to fill out with form and said the orientation would be next week.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses and how do you plan on overcoming those weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens in June 2013.

Interview

Apply on their website, depending on time of year some applications wont be open. If you plan to work during the summer apply early spring. They usually call within 3 weeks max to schedule and interview. Short and sweet. Dress appropriately. The times i've interviewed i've people Waaay too causal. Even though the job is in a fun, easy going atmosphere,(i mean, an amusement park?what fun !) you stilll present yourself as a professional. You will stand out in the best way if you dome dressed in a nice fitted shirt, pants and blazer. For girls, and skirt suit or business dress with closed toe shoes is perfect. Also important, Arrive for your interview time Early!! There are a lot of departments and positions and because of that they get a lot of interests and they have a structured and systematic way of interviewing, so if you are late for your interview time, even by a minute, they will continue on with the next person. So Be EARLY so you don't miss out, or have to reschedule which might take another 3-4 weeks. Greet the receptionist nicely, tell them you full name and why you are there. Have prepared questions for the interviewer after the interview is over, at least 6. Asking them more about the company, the typical work day, their position and how they got to it etc. Make a good impression. And relax it is really short and sweet :). Be confident.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be apart of this company?
      What do you bring to the team?
      how do well do you work with others.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO).

Interview

Once you put in your apllication either online or in-person, someone from HR will contact you and schedule an interview and inform you of the papers you will need to bring. There will be a group of you interviewing at the same and they will have you all to answer questions (at your discretion) one after the other. The questions are pretty basic-they'll will ask why you want there. After the group interview they will take you one-by-one to an outside room and tell you if you got the job, what the pay is, etc( they'll call it 'individuak interviews' but its really not). The ones they leave behind will be left to play some type of "family-nite" game so you all can get to know each other. There is only one interview. Be prepared to take a drug-test on the spot if you get the job- some of my co-workers told me they were allowed to take it a different time but I wouldn't rely on that; one guy had to take it at the same time I did, failed, and I never saw him again. Also, have at least three questions prepared, and know something about the company( easist is about the 'pre-view' day or something like that-found on the website).Before you leave you will schedule an orientation day which is the big information meeting. Pretty simple. The people are pretty nice and helpful, just make sure you bring all the necessary papaerwork so you won't have to make an additional trip to HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They took to a room, told me I got the job, asked if I wanted it, had me fill out some intial paper work, told to I would take a drug test right then, asked to identify the days I needed off.