EllisDon Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 41 of over 41 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at EllisDon

EllisDon

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at EllisDon in Apr 2021

Interview

Received a phone call from HR coordinator after an employee referral Then I was invited for a video call interview with hiring manager Both hiring manager and HR rep were very friendly and professional Interview took about 1 hour and discussed about technical stuff related to position

Interview Questions
  • Technical experience related to position
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EllisDon (Toronto, ON)

Interview

pretty basic questions, they are more conversational based. The guy asked me why I was interested in the company and the role. He asked me which i preferred more, geotechnical or structural engineering.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

EllisDon

Application

I interviewed at EllisDon

Interview

Short, easy questions. Heard back pretty quick for the interview scheduling. Average questions, one or two STAR type ones. It was an interview with someone from HR and went pretty well overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

EllisDon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EllisDon

Interview

I was invited to take a one-way video interview online. They asked five very basic and general questions. The interview was conducted over Spark Hire.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

EllisDon

Application

I interviewed at EllisDon

Interview

Virtual zoom interview and on site meeting was a good experience and very interesting. Asked questions about my past experiences and how they make me a valuable employee. Interview was with the project manager and the HR rep from the group

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join Ellis Don

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EllisDon (North York, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

Started with a quick phone interview, then lead into a code challenge (derivative of the top k algorithm). Standard behavioural questions you can expect. After the code challenge, you get an in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • given a number of shops that are visited throughout the day, calculate the index of the 3 most visited shops

EllisDon

Application

I interviewed at EllisDon

Interview

Interviewer introduced herself, the company and how it is run. Following this she covered the projects that the junior project coordinator would potentially be involved in, plus other projects that EllisDon are currently working on in the city. I was asked some questions about myself and then it was over. Most importantly, I was asked about my hobbies. EllisDon likes to hire people that seem to be doing interesting things outside of school/work.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience in a construction environment? Favourite courses I was taking? Strengths and weaknesses. Hobbies, and how they are important to me.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EllisDon (Mississauga, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

I applied online and received an email from their HR team a few days later inviting me to complete a one-way online video interview on Spark Hire. I completed it the same day. I received a generic sorry we're not proceeding with you email with no explanation why I was not selected. Process felt very cold.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

EllisDon

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon in Oct 2020

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. The recruiter asked me very basic questions about my experience then requested I complete an online timed coding assessment which consisted of 2 problems. Afterwards, I met with the software team in a video call where I asked a few technical questions and asked to complete another coding question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EllisDon (Ottawa, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

Mostly just a conversation, it was very easy conversing with the HR rep and my current manager. Lasted about an hour, most of it being laid back conversation about the project and what the position entailed. There were one - two standard interview questions. I did check GlassDoor to see what typical questions this company uses and it didn't fail me. I really enjoy working for this company.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company and the project? Have you ever had to deal with a difficult situation in the workplace?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Interviews