Elsevier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elsevier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Education Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

Interview process was exceedingly long with very little feedback. From the time of first contact from internal recruiter to finally hearing if I was moving on or not was at least 4 months. I think that it is unfair for companies to not reply to emails in a timely fashion. Potential employees need to know where they stand.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. Fairly standard interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter called me out of random at night and left a message. I attempted to call back multiple times and left messages. He never got back to me and ignored my message.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standard interview process. Solid recruiting and HR process. Several rounds of interviews with broad range of team members and seniority levels. At times, not every interviewer was clear on what the position responsibilities were, but was able to ultimately tease out what the role was about.

Interview Questions

• How do you make trade-off decisions in go to market planning?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

Long interviews . If feel that I knew the direct manager very well and the director not at all.
    Tough behavioral questions in first two interviews. Director did a phone interview and did interview in person. The manager layer out the company and responsibilities and even said it was long hours, multiple skills and lot of database work. Know analytics and love them if you apply

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. The first questions were covering why Elsevier? Why am I looking, circumstances? Know the company and do your internet research. Second interview was covering the project which was a day in the life task of going to accounts. Love that but the questions were tough about the experience. The manager knew the accounts and asked questions about the process and who I meet that I didn't include in the report (admin types, gate keepers). Questions also discussed how I approached the task.   Answer Question

Manager - Elsevier Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elsevier (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

I learned of this position through an Elsevier employee. The talent acquisition manager did not call when she said she would. She replied to my email follow-up and we rescheduled. This was a basic pre-interview screener. She described the position and said she'd be setting up an interview with the hiring manager ASAP. It was a positive interaction. And then I never heard from her again despite following up via email. The hiring manager told me they filled the position when I followed up with him.

Associate Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in January, and I was given a phone interview by someone from the New York office, and then two followup in person interviews in May. The process was long and tedious, but the company is worth it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, the usual stuff; past experience, what type of work I am (team, individual), etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. I was basically asked to explain some of my experience that I had on my resume. I was also asked to explain a little about myself and my interests.

Interview Questions

• Explain your exprience with __________? (It was a project in relation to the job)   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Elsevier in April 2016.

Interview

A recruiter sent my resume in and a couple days later I had a phone interview setup. Phone interview consisted of 3 people, a project manager and 2 devs. During the interview went over some basic stuff like the job description. Not much asked about my background with the exception about agile environments and if I have worked in them.

Turn offs:
    - They have leads/managers working on the agile team as a core contributor while managing. Managing your team mates goes against agile. So while they may claim to be agile please be aware they are not
    - Their code review process sounds weak and only consists of a buddy test
    - I didn't hear them mention testing (unit, integration, functional)

Interview Questions

• How do you talk to the back-end from the front-end?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

1) Received initial call from HR.
    2) Received follow up call from HR, indicating interest in interviewing.
    3) Received unscheduled phone screen call from developers on team. HR had scheduled internally, but not with me
    4) Did technical phone screen.
    5) Didn't hear anything for three weeks. Contacted person who recommended I apply, and then heard from manager that they wished to schedule an onsite interview.
    6) Prior to onsite, asked to complete online intelligence assessment - patterns, problem solving. Also, provided with code sample and asked to provide a written critique.
    7) Did onsite interview, lasted 2.5 hours. Included pair programming task. They assured me I'd hear back within 7 days.
    8) Did not hear back for 2.5 weeks, reached out again for final answer. Manager complained that he told HR to relay their decision to me. I was told I was not a good fit for their "team culture".

Interview Questions

• General interogration about Test Driven Development, Agile Processes, and finally, an hour long Paired Programming task.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

This was a very short process, which had minimal interviews compared with other companies. Did not include interviews with upper management, which played out in that we were isolated from upper management - strange for such a small company.

Interview Questions

• Provide a presentation of a product you previously sold.   Answer Question