Elsevier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elsevier Interview Questions

Interviews at Elsevier

2.8

Technology Associate Interview

Interview

Started with an online multiple choice assessment, then a live online informational question and answer session with employees, a phone screen with the hiring manager, and an in-person assessment day with interviews, a presentation, and a group project.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

A long process. It started by applying online and then they asked me to take a logic exam online. Then I had a competency exam followed by two more phone calls and other online assessments. They kept in contact the entire time and were speedy in responses.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume with me and tell me what I need to know   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Starts off with a phone call then a iq test. Completed a web seminar that described the company. Was Waiting for final round then was told that company was no longer hiring for jobs location.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Online IQ assessment followed by behavioral phone interview one month later. Never contacted me after phone interview. Tried reaching out, but still no response. Wish companies could have the courtesy to send a response.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiters have no idea what they are doing. Really bad attitude and even worse tone. They don't respect time and didn't call on scheduled time. Don't work for this company. With all the fallback from universities these people have not learnt their lesson.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

Feb 28, 2020 – Elsevier Rep

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. This is not the experience that we want our candidates to have. We do appreciate the effort you put in and the time spent during the recruiting process. We have shared your feedback with our recruiters. We will continue to work with them to ensure we provide better experiences to our candidates.

Associate Journal Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

There was a lot of lag time between initial interview with recruiter and subsequent interview with hiring manager, but everyone was a pleasure to speak with and very enthusiastic about the company. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their role at the company and it was an overall positive interview experience, though long. I wish there was more communication between interviews.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

Feb 28, 2020 – Elsevier Rep

Thank you for your review. Sorry to know that you would have liked more communication. We continue to work with our recruiters to improve our overall process including how we communicate with candidates.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview includes the background check and behavior questions. It takes 30 minutes. The interviewer said there will be case interview. He's very patient and glad to offer you feedback.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn because I saw the job post there. Shortly after I received a call from one of their recruiters, then we scheduled a technical phone interview with one of their engineers. This first technical interview was rather easy going and very pleasant. The next round was an onsite interview with two engineers, one of them was the one I had the phone interview with. A couple of days after the on site interview I received an email message from the recruiter notifying me that they won't be moving forward with my application. I asked for feedback but I was ignored. My advise is to avoid Elsevier, they seem to be kind and professional but the reality is different.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked several questions about Hibernate, specially compared against Spring Data; also questions about WebServices, basic REACT and DB performance using JOINS. The second interviewer, who was bluffing most of the time, asked me to describe my previous position, and he asked basic WebServices questions as well.   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2020 – Elsevier Rep

Thank you for your review. We will continue to work with our recruiters to ensure we provide better experience to our candidates. We are a great place to work. Although you were unsuccessful this time, we really hope this will not stop you or any other potential candidates out there from applying for another role at Elsevier. We continue to strive for excellence, we welcome everyone to join us and embark on a career that makes a difference.

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier (Maryland Heights, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

In order: Recruiter, hiring manager, case study, VP, in person with the team members. Some interviews were challenging due to the analysis but nothing that preparation cannot overcome. They were looking for someone who was comfortable with ambiguity and an analytical mindset that can work with vast amounts of data.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

Design Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elsevier.

Interview

BEWARE:
    1) Recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn regarding the position
    2) Recruiter invited me to formally apply online
    3) Started that process
    4) Before I finished the online application I got a cold call from the recruiter (3 consecutive calls before I picked up) - Did the phone-screening live
    5) Contacted by Human Resources Rep to complete both Adobe Illustrator & Indesign tests (2 weeks to complete).
    Conclusion:
    The tests were quite extensive considering not having had a formal conversation with the hiring manager as of yet. And frankly the return on this investment was unjust as I received no feedback on my results. Rather a polite we moved ahead with someone else. My email to the Rep asking for any constructive criticism or feedback regarding my qualifications/ test assessment results were never answered. I believe that a review of my portfolio could have supplemented these test assessments.

Interview Questions

Elsevier Response

Feb 28, 2020 – Elsevier Rep

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the effort and time you put in and the time spent during the recruiting process. We have shared your feedback with our recruiters. We will continue to improve our process for better candidate experiences.