Emser Tile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2016

2.9

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Began with an online application. Then a preliminary followup by Emser HR for a basic phone interview. This was an overview of my skills, resume, availability, and the type of position I was looking for. After a few days, I was contacted via phone to schedule an in-person interview. Group interview conducted by various members of the staff that I would work with/for. Met with HR, technical staff, and a variety of other involved parties, maybe 10 people in all rotated into my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?
      Do I have experience in this type of position?
      Several technical questions and scenarios to test my skills
      Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emser Tile.

Interview

If you pass the Initial phone screen, then you're scheduled to meet with the Regional Management team, either in person or by video call. Last step is to meet with senior leadership, usually someone from corporate. It can be a long process, but company is very selective and particular about culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your business development strategies?
      Explain your P&L accountability.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emser Tile.

Interview

My experience was similar to others who interviewed for this position. The first interview was very professional. I was asked a series of behavioral interview questions that gave me an opportunity to talk about my past experience and how I have worked in the past. The name of the game with behavioral interviews is "past performance is a predictor of future performance". After the first interview I was felt very good about the company and my experience. The second interview was the complete opposite from the first. I was called about an hour before the interview was supposed to start and was told by the interviewer to be prepared for an unorthodox interview and that I was going to be asked certain questions that may not seem relevant, but he assured me they would be. When I received the call, I was asked several odd questions and then the interviewer went on to highlight all the areas that he thought I didn't measure up and where he thought I had gaps in my HR knowledge. I got the impression that he felt threatened by someone coming into the job. Not sure why, but that's the impression I got. The position has been posted several times over the last year. Frankly, I don't think the second interviewer is really interested in hiring someone.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions...mostly statements made by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emser Tile.

Interview

It was a series of 2 to 3 interviews and they were quick to make an offer, though I understand this is not the norm. They were thorough and followed up on my references. Emser has a "slow to hire, quick to fire" mentality. I, personally, don't think this is a defect. Just because a person doesn't flourish at one company, doesn't mean they're not a great fit for another.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some fundamental questions that I remember from "practice" interview in college that honestly stumped me as I hadn't been asked them since.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They presented a very fair offer up front and it was explained clearly.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Fun interview process but with lots of steps. Seemed like a potential good fit but pay was less than I was expecting. Very impressed by corporate office and potential growth across the country. A little freaked out by the family / private business element.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile.

Interview

The interview process is long and arduous. I had four interviews in total and the interview process took about a month. I was very optimistic about the potential of getting an offer until the last interview. Knowing what I know now about the individuals that run this company, I would not apply with them again. During the last interview, both individuals were looking around like they were late for something. My advice is to make sure that you have an extremely strong sales background and/or be willing to uproot at any given time. The experience I had was one where they wanted to feel out my sacrifice level at the end and not really my work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence people?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Ontario, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Warehouse associate . I saw a job opening online on Glassdoor and I got the address then I Applied in person at the warehouse, and I got a call within two weeks for the interview, the interview was pretty easy, question were not too difficult and the manager was very professional. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, One week in later I received a call that I got the job and I would start the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

False promises, most pointless process. Director was very on edge the whole time. Later find out he's a huge hot head that everyone is terrified of. Never should have excepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Emser Tile in January 2010.

Interview

I started working as a temp, got hired after only a week. Interview was fast and easy. Pretty much just took me into managers office and asked if i was interested working for the company. Worked there close to 2 yrs then got let go because supposedly my job title was not going to exist anymore. So i wasnt needed. Got layed off a week before i went off to maternity leave.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you a good asset to this company?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile in December 2008.

Interview

Consisted of two interviews. One interview with the regional sales manager and the second interview was with the director of operations support. The interviews are very primative and very little preparation is needed. There are no STAR format questionxs, This is a very good ol boy industry and the interviewers do most of the talking during the interviews. They ask some very vanilla "what if " questions but spend most of the time focusing on your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caght your superior giving a customer free material.   2 Answers
    • Describe your closet at home.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a very generous company and there was no need for negotiation. They always took care of me financially and I never had to ask for a compensation increase. I miss working for EMSER!