Emser Tile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.8

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 manager regional manager, branch manager and I believe the third one was the Human Resources manager, very simple questions mostly consisting in my past experiences and how I got into the operations field. All three of the managers were really nice and pretty much noticed that I was nervous. So if I don't get selected it's all on my performance. Hopefully they will give me the chance to prove myself in a field and industry on which I have extend experience

DC Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Ontario, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

At first, the experience was great. I found the job through a job fair and spoke with the hiring manager there. We seemed to hit it off. The next day, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview which took place a few days later. Within a few days, I was brought in for another interview with the hiring manager. That interview lasted an hour which included a tour of the facility. The prompt follow up during that week was great and encouraging. Then, everything fell apart. I didn't hear anything for a month. They said I would hear back in 2 - 3 weeks. I waited 2 weeks, then sent an email to the hiring manager to let him know I was still interested in the position and asked if there was any other information I could provide to aid in the hiring decision. Over the next few weeks I sent 3 emails and left a few voicemail's for him and the HR representative. No one bothered to call back. I finally got a generic rejection email. I realize not everyone who applies should get a personal phone call to reject their application, but you should call everyone who has come in for an interview. I even sent another email asking for feedback about my interview or qualifications after that rejection email and never heard anything. A short time later, I applied for another opening they posted. Within a few days, I got another rejection email about the FIRST job I applied for, not the new one. Emser seems like a great company to work for, but their communication was disappointing to say the least.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

4 interviews, well executed. Open and transparent throuout the interview process. Timely in process communication. Senior staff provided good insight to the Company. Training insight was very helpful. Process has been smooth and without glitches.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had to go through 3 interviews with different managers and manager levels. I actually enjoyed the process. They were honest with me the whole way. I know they wanted to make sure they hired the right person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for them?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile in March 2017.

Interview

The initial call went well with the recruiter, as did the follow up calls. I felt the in person was fine as well. Unfortunately, the team professionalism fell off at that point. I am an adult, with a very strong career background and i can handle not being chosen. I think it is a joke for a company to speak so highly of their commitment to employees and customers alike, yet not have the respect to communicate with potential hires.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The Corporate Recruiter found my resume online, she contacted me and we had the first interview, it was smooth, competent but friendly. The Regional Manager and an Executive of the Company were in town for a meeting so I met them both in two days and the interview went deeper but with the genuine feeling of trying to understand if it was a good fit for both. It was a nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• 1) past experience; 2) industry experience; 3) sales and operation experience; 4) did I prefer the operation or the sales; 5) how would I get along with an operation manager that was already in place; 6) why was the operation important to me in regards to the sales of the company; 7)   2 Answers

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Began with an online application. Then a preliminary followup by Emser HR for a basic phone interview. This was an overview of my skills, resume, availability, and the type of position I was looking for. After a few days, I was contacted via phone to schedule an in-person interview. Group interview conducted by various members of the staff that I would work with/for. Met with HR, technical staff, and a variety of other involved parties, maybe 10 people in all rotated into my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?
      Do I have experience in this type of position?
      Several technical questions and scenarios to test my skills   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emser Tile.

Interview

If you pass the Initial phone screen, then you're scheduled to meet with the Regional Management team, either in person or by video call. Last step is to meet with senior leadership, usually someone from corporate. It can be a long process, but company is very selective and particular about culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your business development strategies?
      Explain your P&L accountability.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Murfreesboro, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick talk. I had Been a temp for months before. The interview was not about my qualifications because i had proved myself as needed because i had been there for a while

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emser Tile.

Interview

My experience was similar to others who interviewed for this position. The first interview was very professional. I was asked a series of behavioral interview questions that gave me an opportunity to talk about my past experience and how I have worked in the past. The name of the game with behavioral interviews is "past performance is a predictor of future performance". After the first interview I was felt very good about the company and my experience. The second interview was the complete opposite from the first. I was called about an hour before the interview was supposed to start and was told by the interviewer to be prepared for an unorthodox interview and that I was going to be asked certain questions that may not seem relevant, but he assured me they would be. When I received the call, I was asked several odd questions and then the interviewer went on to highlight all the areas that he thought I didn't measure up and where he thought I had gaps in my HR knowledge. I got the impression that he felt threatened by someone coming into the job. Not sure why, but that's the impression I got. The position has been posted several times over the last year. Frankly, I don't think the second interviewer is really interested in hiring someone.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions...mostly statements made by the interviewer.   Answer Question