Emser Tile Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emser Tile

Emser Tile

Application

I interviewed at Emser Tile

Interview

Outstanding, concise, transparent, and great. I found it to be a great process. The people were warm and made the interview comfortable. Recruiting was outstanding. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great place to work.

Interview Questions
  • It was all about my experience.
    Answer Question

Emser Tile

Application

I interviewed at Emser Tile

Interview

Phone interview first, then next round is either by phone or in person, depending on Covid . Mostly want to know if you need to have a work life balance as expectations are high. They discuss company culture, but it seems to be different than what has been entered on GlassDoor website.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle stress in the workplace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Baltimore, MD) in Aug 2019

Interview

Senior Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin.com. We exchanged information and spoke on the phone. She asked if I knew about the company. I explained I interview for a branch managerial role the previous year. She replies I didn't know that... it's not in the system. She explains to me what the role she is looking to fulfill. I reply that I recently applied for this role also. I explained that your talent acquisition department advised me that "they are doing some changes" . Reply.... I get it... now I know why the position isn't posted anymore. SOUNDS FISHY. Anyways, the senior recruiter will look into the situation and get back to me. Well... it has been 3 days. I have called the senior recruiter and no response since. I am not sure how glassdoor can rank them as top 50 companies to work for when there recruiting department is a disarray.

5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Orlando, FL) in Aug 2019

Interview

I met with my regional and branch manager at the same time. They made me feel very welcoming and were easy to talk to. They spoke to me about their own personal background which made it very easy to open up. It felt less like your typical interview which made it much easier on me.

Interview Questions
  • Where I've worked? Why I'm looking for new employment? Would this position be suitable with my lifestyle?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Austin, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied online and received an email from an in-house recruiter. I had a lovely 20 minute phone call with her and she set-up an in-person interview with the Branch & Regional Managers for the Austin location. I met with them, but the interview was scheduled at 8:30 and I could tell they weren't exactly ready to meet with someone so early. The Regional Manager said he was only there to discuss company culture, but I left the interview not really sure what that culture was. The Branch Manager seemed nice and professional. He asked the more standard interview questions. They began the interview by telling me this was going to be a laid back interview and probably like no other interview I have ever had. I like the sound of that! BUT, it was your standard interview. The Regional Manager kept saying he wanted "Big Daddy" accounts (3 or 4 times), so I gathered they don't have those? I left the interview knowing it was not a good fit. Not because I wasn't qualified, but because I don't fit with their culture...which I'm still not sure what it is. They were nice though. I had to follow-up with the recruiter to find out I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a situation where you went above and beyond for a client. What accounts did you bring in as new business with your last job.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Austin, TX) in Jun 2018

Interview

Engaging interview that really allows you to think. Relaxed, but challenging in the sense that there isn’t a whole lot of pressure in the interview room, but the questions are stimulating and difficult to answer o an extent.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time you resolved a work issue

Emser Tile

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile in Apr 2018

Interview

Once recruited by branch manager I was interviewed by HR, interview by operations then did an in person tour of the facility. The tour sealed the deal because of how great the employees were!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emser Tile (Scottsdale, AZ) in Jan 2018

Interview

I originally applied for the warehouse job, but when I came in for my actual interview they thought I was better fit for the Customer Service Representative position. I came in to the branch and met with the manager for a few minutes and walked around the building. Then about 3 days later, I met with her again so I could sign papers and they offered me.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't a whole lot of questions asked of me, I felt like they knew what they were getting with me, since I had experience with tile and especially with Emser Tile, they more so talked over the job and what my responsibilities would be.

Emser Tile

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emser Tile in Dec 2017

Interview

I met with the Branch manager and Operations manager. I was introduced to the front desk staff upon entry. The interview process was normal but everyone's energy was amazing and I immediately knew I wanted to be employed to this company.

Interview Questions
  • A time I dealt with a difficult customer, and how I handled the issue.

Emser Tile

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Emser Tile

Interview

Very friendly, to the point, I could tell they all loved working at Emser from the interview. They were committed to finding the right person that would not only be qualified for the job but would also fit into the Emser culture.

Interview Questions
  • What was challenging about your last job?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews