Engro Polymer & Chemicals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Engro Polymer & Chemicals

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Engro Polymer & Chemicals (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with a panel of interviewees. Was asked about academic record, extar curriculars, and my future ambitions. Would recommend you come prepared to talk about what you expect to gain from the company. Interview lasted for 15 minutes, and was conducted cordially. Atmosphere in office seemed stuffy and I wasn't interested in seeking a job once I surveyed the office environment.

IT Systems Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Engro Polymer & Chemicals (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in February 2013.

Interview

There was an IQ test as first screening. There were a total of 3 interviews. First interview was direct hiring manger, second was with a panel of HR and one executive and the final one was with the CEO. This process is for people being recruited for future management positions only.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engro Polymer & Chemicals (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in January 2013.

Interview

There are 2 interviews, one technical and one HR. Representatives from all 6 Engro companies sit in the interview. Selection of candidate in an industry in done based on preferance and feedback of panel members

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Engro Polymer & Chemicals (Karāchi (Pakistan)).

Interview

After the initial application there was a short period of no correspondence. After this period the company contacted the candidate for a telephone interview based on being short listed in a selection process undertaken by the company's management. The telephone interview was casual and was primarily geared towards getting to know the candidate. This was followed by an IQ and skills test which were held one after another due to the candidate's unavailability during the period. This showed that the company was interested in the candidate and was willing to be slightly lenient in order to provide fair and equal opportunity to the candidate. After further short listing the candidate was asked to undergo a series of medical and drug tests at a specified hospital. Based on the results of medical tests and further short listing lead to this candidates final interview. The final interview was one-on-one with the head of operations. Though initially intimidating the interviewer broke the ice and ensured a comfortable atmosphere despite the age and experience difference. To dispel the tension the interviewer would ask about hobbies and extra-curricular activities after every few technical questions. Most of the technical questions revolved around the bachelors final year project.

Interview Questions

• As the interview was coming to an end, the least unexpected but the hardest question asked was to explain the reaction kinetics of a particularly difficult chemical reaction. It was expected because prior to the question the interviewer had inquired about the candidate's final year project for the bachelors degree.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this was for an entry level position, a graduate trainee engineer, there was very little negotiation as the company had a detailed policy in place to help develop and foster the candidate in to the optimum for the company as well as in terms of personal development.

DCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Engro Polymer & Chemicals (Karāchi (Pakistan)).

Interview

Short listing , initial written test (technical, IQ, English), Interviews (3-5), Medical, Offer, joining , High workload on employees, poor new assigned higher management, Reduced salaries which is not occurs usually in companies.

Interview Questions

• It is my question to higher management ,why reduced salary packages/allowances .Plz keep your fertilizer philosophy in your pocket and do not give us references of fertilizer plant i,e ammonia etc in every forum.it is a plant with its own nature.   Answer Question

i got offer when we wee with hope that our salaries and benefits will increase in future as engro is not a saith shop.it is a large corporate.But now i am waiting any next opportunity to avail due to new management steps.

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Engro Polymer & Chemicals (Lahore (Pakistan)) in March 2010.

Interview

University scanning written test consisting of four portion including maths general knowledge , engineering,algebra of 20 top students of the batch.After clearing they subject to three interviews one has to pass each interview to get to the other interview.Then comes the medical examination

Interview Questions

• What are your regrets in life?How many times you fail to submit an assignment in time?   Answer Question