Environmental Defense Fund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environmental Defense Fund Interview Questions

Interviews at Environmental Defense Fund

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

Easygoing and polite. Good to have a broad knowledge of topics.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen via video conference. The interview screen went well as I was able to articulate my skills match well with the job description. However, I wasn't invited to the in-person panel interview. I wasn't given any feedback the interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process takes place around 45 min. The interview comprised 3 parts: case interview, case questions and behavioural questions. The interviewer was nice and friendly. If you passed the first round, there will be 2nd round of interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The 3rd party interviews for EDF. The first interviewer was a senior in the company and was very friendly. The second interviewer was more to the point. However, I think the first one was the important one, and in the second interview, they were evaluating the first phase options.

Interview Questions

• You are in a meeting with your supervisor, and the audiences are not supporting the options that you and your supervisor presented to them. Your supervisor will put you on the spot and asks you to explain what is the importance of what you do in one minute. What would you tell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Sent in an application online for a summer internship. Had a phone interview with the intern hiring manager. A couple of weeks later had a video-conference interview with the EDF department that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What is an environmental problem that you care about, and how would you explain it to the average person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I had one interview at my school and then one follow up interview via skype.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund.

Interview

Three interviews, including a writing test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with having too much work to accomplish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

after about two weeks, had a skype interview with future supervisors. The internview took about 30 min. All questions are behavioral questions and lots of them are about working habits. The interviewers are really nice.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in a team? When are you most efficient, in the morning / afternoon / evening?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund.

Interview

I applied online and heard back after 4+ weeks. I had three interviews, one over skype and two over the phone. The first interview, over skype, was with a direct supervisor, the two subsequent were with people who were progressively higher up in the organization. The interview process took about 2 weeks, but it seemed like it would usually take less time, we just had a lot of scheduling problems.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Environmental Defense Fund (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with three of the supervising attorneys and we discussed why I was looking to intern for their company and my legal interests. I don't think they were tough at all but were very friendly and seemed just to get a sense of why I wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with EDF?   1 Answer