Equinix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equinix (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted CV, received an Email for my first Interview that was conducted online as a video conference, which was followed by a series of similar interviews with different people in a period of about a month. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions related to the role, combined with questions to assess my communication and teamwork abilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave a figure and they simply offered that.

Senior Engineer Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix.

Interview

I applied because the company was interesting and the location was good for me. Unfortunately, we didn't get far into the the process. During the initial phone screen, the recruiter launched into an obviously pre-scripted monologue. I let him go for it for about 15 mins. However, before he finished, I did get curious about actual positions and started asking questions, some, admittedly bordering on technical. Instead of the usual "I'm not sure but you should talk to director, etc", the recruiter became very agitated and defensive. I definitely wasn't pushy or challenging, so the best I can guess was it threw him off of pre-scripted speech. All I really was trying to find out was what the specific team/product I was theoretically interviewing for all about. Normally this is the chance for recruiters to sell the candidate, so the defensive attitude really took me aback. I re-phrased my question a couple of times just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, but every time kept getting the same pre-scripted answer back. At some point the guy said "Look, I told you 2 times already what this position is about. I guess this must be hard for you to understand." Must be, indeed. More importantly, this episode raises questions about the company itself - if they let recruiters be downright rude and unprofessional to the candidates, how do they treat employees? And what is the culture must be like?

Nov 13, 2017 – Equinix

I want to apologize that you were frustrated your initial conversation with our recruiters. We work very hard to provide a solid job description that details the engineering role and technical stack... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Equinix.

Interview

I met with the recruiter at a University recruiting event, after which I was invited to an in person, on campus interview. I sent a thank you email following the interview, and did not expect to receive a response very quickly. However a month after my interview, and 5+ emails sent to the recruiter and any other contacts I could find, I still did not get a response as to where I stood in the hiring process. Very terrible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, what is your experience, tell us about a time that you faced difficulty in a group project, etc.   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are very sorry about the experience you had with our recruitment team. We pride ourselves on our Internship program and it’s important that you feel connected... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix.

Interview

Terrible process

-HR send an e-mail, they ask you to go through a digital interview through a program called Hirevue. You have 3 days to record your interview with this system.
    -After one week of your submission they should get back to you. Never did.
           2 phone calls to HR: Promise to review my recording with the hiring manager and get back to me. Never happened.
           4 e-mails: No answer.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about your experience and how fits in the role and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Oct 25, 2017 – Equinix

I am so sorry that you did not receive proper follow up during your interview process. I have shared this directly with our recruiting team. We want to make sure all of our candidates have a... More

Director M&A and Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equinix (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process and questions were rather straightforward -- but what was very troubling was this thing called "recruiter ghosting" that is, unfortunately, becoming rampant within the industry. "Ghosting" is basically when a recruiter, company, or anyone does not get back a candidate despite repeated inquires following up. Thankfully, sites like GlassDoor will help better weed out this process that is downright unprofessional and discourteous. The recruiter did engage with me initially but after the initial interview, he went completely silent. The interview was done using a video app called "Hirevue", which I and many others think is awful. You are essentially taking to yourself. There is no interaction unlike a typical interview whether in-person or over the phone. I am sure this discourages a lot of candidates from the talent pool.

The recruiter clearly indicated to reach out to him after a week, which I did, but sadly, I have yet to hear back. The HR shills from Equinox will probably come on here and spew out the same old tiresome routine (eg. "we will looking into this...") but change will not occur unless people are disciplined for this kind of unprofessional behaviour. Furthermore, these type of acts puts the company Equinox -- and its shareholders and customers -- in a bad light because candidates who are treated unfairly like second-class citizens end up at other companies, many of which could easily be Equinix's customers or competitors. This is discourages other candidates from re-applying. The experience has been awful. Sorry.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role and why Equinix?   1 Answer

Sep 27, 2017 – Global Talent Acquisition Leader

I’m sorry our team did not follow up with you on the day we committed. I have personally discussed your feedback with the recruiter to understand the timelines associated with all candidates who have... More

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a terrible impression about this company right away because they use a video interview process called Hirevue. You have to sit in front of a camera and answer questions that are fed to you by the system - you don't interact with a human. That told me immediately they only care about appearances and how well you talk the talk. I ended it before answering any question.

Nevertheless they called me, which means they don't put a lot of stock in the Hirevue process themselves.

The interview provided an even worse impression. They didn't follow the schedule they gave me. Everyone was late or had to change with someone else.

Blatantly racist interview and hiring process. They will only hire Indians. Most of the people that I saw there are Indians, and my entire interview panel (7 men, most under 40) were Indians. Also, unprofessional behavior from recruiting team as they never called me to tell me that I wasn't hired. I guess I was supposed to figure it out on my own.

Interview Questions

• Multipart question about system architecture, covering security, scalability, fault tolerance, and others.   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Equinix

I'm sorry your engagement with us left you with such a bad impression. I can assure you that is never our intention and will work with the team so that future candidates have a better experience... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The HireVue process definitely made me think twice if I wanted to proceed in the process. Don't let it scare you! In the end I appreciated having the video interview because it sped up the process and I didn't have to go in-person for two rounds. After I was selected to proceed to the next round, I went into HQ and interviewed with a few in person and over the phone. I received the offer after a week. Very quick process and I only had to take 1 vacation day from work to interview :) Either way if you get the position or not, you will appreciate taking less days off from your current job esp. me because I was swamped at my job already. Tips: look at the camera while you are speaking, make sure the camera is head/eye level, prep/practice for the usual interview questions and you should be fine! Good luck, candidates!

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (Ashburn, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by video submission. Phone screen was pretty easy with no real meaty questions. Then had to use a video interview service to submit answers to five questions (questions provided in advance). The video process is extremely awkward. If I ever go through a recruitment process with another company that asks for this, I will politely decline and look for a job elsewhere. If you don't have the time to spend 15-30 minutes on the phone with someone to ask a few questions and actually interact with them, then they should have no time for you. Very negative experience. As the icing on the cake, received absolutely no response after submitting the video "interview". My opinion of Equinix as a company took a major hit after this experience.

Interview Questions

Equinix Response

Aug 4, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent interview experience. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy participating in a digital interview, as this is an important first step in our... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received the digital Hirevue interview request one week later. About a month after my Hirevue interview I received an email to schedule an on site interview. On site interview was three rounds of the usual STAR behavioral questioning with 2 current CSM's and then the hiring manager. Was told by the hiring manager that they had 2 weeks worth of interviews to get through and would contact me after that. Never heard back, but I was the first person to be interviewed and I never expected to get the job. Was surprised they invited me to interview at all. Everyone I met at they NYC office spoke very highly of the culture and company as whole.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you went above and beyond to deliver exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen from recruiter, if pass go through HireVue using laptop or phone. It is self interview like FaceTime. Set of questions (7 total) flash on screen, you then you response with camera recording your verbal responses. No re-do. If you video chat then you won't be intiminated otherwise it is very unfamiliar speaking to a screen and seeing your own face. Recordings are not accessible by you. Had to call recruiters multiple times. Had to grill recruiter, stating position was filled internally. Never received any courtesy notice. Did find the same position is posted on multiple job portals as "open".

Interview Questions

• Standard questions on procurement process and prior experience dealing with suppliers.   Answer Question

Senior Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Using a prerecorded, online interview process that is sent to hiring managers for further review and consideration. Upon consideration, they schedule a panel-type interview to save time for both the employer and potential employee.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would fit into your role as a Senior Facilities Engineer   Answer Question