Equinix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Senior IBX Network Technician IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They lied on the interview process and said that job entails more technical knowledge with logging into equipment and things in this nature. But very lengthy process took 3 months to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked general switching and routing questions   1 Answer

Apr 25, 2017 – Equinix

First of all, welcome aboard! We are glad you made the decision to join the Equinix team and thank you for sharing feedback on your interview experience with us. We are sorry to hear that there seems ... More

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Equinix in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on line. Within a few days, I was asked to complete a digital interview through HireVue. It is a nerve-racking process. After 5 days, I received a generic form letter telling me the position had been filled by someone else.

Interview Questions

Equinix Response

Apr 11, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. Because it is not possible to meet every individual who applies to Equinix, we use HireVue as a first step in our hiring ... More

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equinix in April 2017.

Interview

Very very awkward company and it's hiring process.

Got an email thanking me for my time giving an interview, without having given any.
    In another case, a recruiter thanks me for my time and scheduling a HireVue interview, without having bothered to call to schedule and request setup.
    Only in one case, I got a call from a recruiter to schedule a HireView. And was told many Fortune companies do that, I worked in a few and have interviewed in many, and no they don't. It's fine you have this process, but don't sell it by falsehoods.

Needless to say, if the hiring manager cannot be bothered to review and engage, I will not have time for you.

Interview Questions

• Relocation benefits
      Salary needs
      and then shoved HireVue app towards me.
      Answer Question

Apr 25, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback with us. We had a chance to speak with our recruiter on this, and it looks like the error was a system-related issue on our ... More

Sales Enablement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equinix.

Interview

10 interviews over 4 months. A long and tedious process and often long periods with no feedback or communication. On two occasions the interviewer did not show up for the scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2017 – Equinix

We are glad to hear that you ultimately accepted the offer to join our organization, but sorry to hear about your interview experience. This is not a typical interview experience at Equinix. While we ... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equinix.

Interview

Applied online; the hiring process was a simple process, just had a one-time online recording interview which was all behavioral questions. A few days later I received the offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

BSA Customer Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equinix (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked to submit an interview using HireVue, an app that asks questions specific to the position and records your responses. Not being a YouTube star, I found the process totally unnerving and decided not to submit my interview.

Interview Questions

• What have you done related to managing a customer master database?   1 Answer

Mar 14, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your interview experience. We are sorry to hear you felt unnerved while participating in your digital interview, as this was not our intention. At ... More

Senior IBX Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equinix.

Interview

Phone interview twice and for the third in person, walk of the facility and questions about facility equipments, the conversation was fair and 2 way between myself and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Facility Maintenance questions, common equipment operation and what to do in certain emergency situations.   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equinix (Ashburn, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

A few phone interviews, a video where you recorded yourself answering questions they provided and then an almost 3 hour in-person interview with 5 people. It was casual, but they all had a prepared list. There was barely any time, if any at all, to ask any questions of the interviewers. I came away having asked hardly anything.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions asking for various scenarios/how you solved a problem, etc...   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equinix (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had. Essentially if you have the right experience and credentials and are a good fit for the role this will be a smooth ride. The recruiting team was excellent and guided you through the process being an enabler rather than a hinderance. Excellent recruiting team !!

Interview Questions

• Unique way of interviewing where you are asked 5 questions which you had to answer in the form of video of you answering these questions. HireVue was used.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equinix (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had applied through referral. I got an invitation for digital interview after a week or so. The digital interview was a combination of behavioral and background questions. It records your responses for 1 and half minutes. The next week I was asked for on-site interview with 4 team members one after the other. They asked questions about my skills mentioned in resume and few networking scenario questions.