Escalate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Escalate

2.0

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Escalate.

Interview

They call you soon after you apply to tell you a glorified story about their free labor program. If you agree, then congratulations you have an internship. You may be called by the actual person you are going to work for who will describe the positions responsibilities in the fakest way possible. Or you may be called by an intern who will simply ask for your availability.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your availability because they really are just capitalizing on your free labor as they have been doing for the hundreds before you.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Escalate (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job on LinedIn and its company website. I received a call a week later from the HR. It is a regular phone interview. But she asked me if I am actively looking for other opportunities right now, I answered I am actively looking for other opportunities since I haven't get any offer yet. Then the hr said that she will contact me on Monday after consulting with the hiring manager. On that monday, I received the rejection saying that while I am qualified for the internship but the they want some one who is just committed to this one internship application, who is not looking for other employment at the same time. I think it is a ridiculous reason to reject an candidate for not committing to an internship and interview which is not even offered or guaranteed interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently looking for other internship or employment other than escalate?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Escalate in February 2013.

Interview

After about a month after submitting my application I got an e-mail to set up an interview. I received a phone call from the HR person who basically just gave an overview of the job and we went over my resume. I then had a skype interview with a marketing associate who asked why I was interested in the company, how do I take criticism. It was about 10 minutes.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Escalate.

Interview

Basic ad online, phone interview, in person interview. I did have to wait an hour past my appointment time to be interviewed. The office appeared disorganized, but the staff was very kind and helpful. After passing the 2 interviews, there was a standard background check, MVC and drug test. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was an offer letter, I accepted.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Escalate (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I initially applied to this position via LinkedIn, and got a response from a manager a week or two after, asking if I could do a phone interview. Initial communication was prompt and detailed, and I looked forward to the interview. The phone interview went well, and was not overly stressful or difficult. I was asked to state my salary expectations by email afterwards, and said I was hoping for about $50k. They stressed that this was an entry-level position and was fixed at $40k. I think that could've easily been stated in the job description rather than going through the "salary expectations" nonsense. But I said $40k would work. I was then asked if I would like to come in for an interview at their office.

The interview itself was with only one manager in the conference room (it's a medium room that could easily fit 25 people, and has a great view of the lower Hudson river). I wasn't introduced to any other employee during my time at the office. The interviewing manager asked me a bunch of conversational questions regarding my experience working in NYC, my education, and relevant experience. It was a pleasant interview, but I didn't feel like it was overly organized or practiced (for better or worse). There were a lot of questions about my knowledge and previous projects, and what I was competent in relating to social media. It wasn't stressful at all, and I left feeling very confident that I was a serious contender for the role. The manager said they would be in touch with me after speaking with the higher level management and HR, and to expect a self-assessment from HR. I completed the self-assessment immediately upon receiving it, and was also asked by email to send three references. I submitted my three references as well, and sent an email confirming I had done all of this. This is where things went downhill--I received no further emails, calls, or any communications from the interviewing manager, not even to tell me they had gone with someone else. I didn't even receive an email confirming the manager had received my self-evaluation or references. I sent a follow-up email one week later, and again received no response. At that point I stopped and assumed they would not be returning any of my emails (I had already sent three that had gone unanswered).

I think the way this interview was handled at every turn after the interview itself was extraordinarily unprofessional, unwarranted and rude. I am frankly happy to keep looking for a job deserving of my skill than get hung up on a place so poorly and incompetently run. It's one thing to ignore a job application cold, but I think it's really poor form to ignore an applicant who you've already interviewed in person and with whom you have had two weeks of correspondence.

Their current office is in a very traditional office space in the financial district, with most employees sitting at half-cubicles in the hallway, and higher level employees having windowed offices. It's not a very evolved layout hierarchy.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think any question was overly unexpected or difficult. It was very relevant and went very much as I thought it would.   Answer Question

Event Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Escalate (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds, and both of them are phone interviews. First round was with HR Intern. She asked some simple questions about my resume. The second round was with my supervisor and it lasted about only 5 minutes. She basically just asked which school I was attending and when could I start. It seemed very easy to get an internship there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Escalate.

Interview

Was your typical interview. However they lied a lot and talked up the internship. Don't listen to them.

It's not too difficult an interview because they just want the free labor and don't care who does it.

Oh and the initial interview was actually done by an INTERN! That really shows how much they care. No one who actually works for the company is even trying to hire people, they are letting and INTERN make the decisions about who should come work there.

Interview Questions

• They didn't seem to ask anything off-base. Once again because they didn't care as much about getting to know if you were qualified as if they would be able to get free labor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They really made sure you knew it wasn't paid. After getting there I understood why.