Essendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essendant Interview Questions

Interviews at Essendant

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essendant (Deerfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone screening and the following an in person interview with the HR associate, hiring manager, and her supervisor. I received an offer at which time they indicated that we could do some negotiating but then they would not move on any of the things I was requesting (none out of the ordinary). Finally, they rescinded the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essendant (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Attended a job fair and then followed up and applied online. Phone Interview. 20 minutes. Pretty easy and relaxed. Talent specialist was very nice and seemed interested in my responses. Next step was to interview with 3 current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essendant (Deerfield, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a really bad experience interviewing at Essendant in Deerfield, IL. I applied online and got an email response a few weeks later and I was scheduled for an in-person interview with HR and 2 accounting managers.

When I arrived, they kept me waiting about 20-30 minutes past our scheduled time. Then once the interview began, the HR person immediately informs me that this position is no longer available because they're re-organizing the whole department. We proceed to have an hour long conversation about the company and my skillset, after which I was informed that they would be interested in having me interview for the new accounting positions once they reorganize. I thanked them for their time and a few weeks later I followed up by email and got no response. I saw the position that I applied for was posted again online along with others.

Overall I felt the HR staff was extremely disorganized and disrespectful of my time. I had to take a day off work to interview for a job that no longer existed and then they ignored my follow up communications.

Don't waste your time here. During our interview I was informed that a lot of employees had quit within the last year due to the poor management and direction of the company. I experienced it first hand.

Interview Questions

• It was a very conversational interview about the company, the potential growtt, culture, my resume, etc.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essendant (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview. I was then told to go to the office for an interview with the hiring manager. I complied. About 3 hours after the in person interview i was called and scheduled for a second interview with the department manager. Now I'm just waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Give me a situation in which you didn't agree with something at your last job? How did you deal with toy?
      Is it ok for me to yell at you?
      What us the definition of a good leader?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essendant (Suwanee, GA).

Interview

Very laid back. I mean extremely laid back. Comfortable. Did a phone interview then went in for two interviews before being hired. No experience needed. Most relaxed interview I've been on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essendant (Woburn, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call from the HR Manager just a couple of hours after applying. Had two more HR interviews on the phone. Had another technical interview with on the phone. Was called for a On-site interview. Interviewed with the manager and another HR. At this point I had talked to three HRs and two senior managers. All the interviews had been pretty good. All the interviews happened within a week of applying for the position. I was pretty happy and confident of getting the job. And then the waiting game started. I have been waiting for the past four months to get a reply from them. I have sent numerous emails to the company. Didn't get a response till now. I am sure I have not been selected but a simple rejection email should have been nice. Would never want to work with this company again.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essendant (Temecula, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called and then set up interview with an area manager, few weeks later another face to face with the VP, then a phone interview with the person I would be working for.

Interview Questions

Interview

Not easy, not hard. Ask standard interview questions - like "why this position" and "what are you weaknesses." In addition to, they ask about your problem solving skills . Require you to provide examples.

Interview Questions

• If a certain product line saw a decrease in sales, how would you go about figuring why?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Essendant (Deerfield, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Normal interview process with 3 people after a screening with a recruiter over the phone. Nothing to complex, your normal questions asked, pretty simple.

It has been 5 weeks since my interview , and I have called, emailed, done everything possible to get an answer and crickets. I have never had such poor communication and follow up. Very unprofessional to say the least. They wanted to hire someone within the week of finishing interviews (which was that week). I was told I would hear back the following week - and still waiting for anything at this point. If I wasn't the right candidate, I would just like to know.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essendant.

Interview

there are usually an HR rep and supervisor. They have it at a big table and takes around 1/2 hour. it the typical boring questions. they don't go over salary unless you ask. and don't tell you the hours.

Interview Questions

• are you controlling or easygoing.   1 Answer