European Parliament Interview Questions | Glassdoor

European Parliament Interview Questions

Interviews at European Parliament

2.5

Translator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at European Parliament in January 2012.

Interview

A lot of steps. Fairly easy translations. Interview with 10 to 12 people interviewing you, kind of nerv wrecking. It also took a long time to get test results and be invited to interview.

Interview Questions

• Where have you learnt to speak...   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at European Parliament (Paris (France)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a classic one. They wanted to assess my motivation, my interest in the job, in politics and to be sure the my profile was a good fit.

Assistant Interview

Interview

Resume submission, phone interview, then in-person interview. All in all, about 3 weeks.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very simple, some general knowledge about European Union, about the specialization area, and what is to be an european citizen. Everything during a meeting with the HR manager of the political group.

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview for an internship at an MEP's office was a simple and straightforward affair (minus the time I took to travel to Brussels).

I was called in for a chat at one of the Parliament's cafés, where I sat down for 1h with the Office Assistant and the Political Advisor over a cup of coffee. The atmosphere was surprisingly informal and already rather collegial, which allowed me to relax and even joke around with the two interviewers (who I realized would be my closest colleagues -> coming across as someone easy and pleasant to work with was important).

The

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • What kind of expectations do you have of this work?   Answer Question
    • What kind of skills and competencies can you bring to this work and office?   Answer Question
    • What kind of personal organization methods do you use? How do you organize your tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2015.

Interview

Through my university administration, i had to attend a meeting with a employee at the European Parliament. I asked no technical question unless one on the macroeconomic situation, in order to understand if I were really motivated to the position at the economic commitee. I looked to my cv and my interests. No worries.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the ECB reaction to the credit crunch   1 Answer

Negotiation

be yourself

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at European Parliament in November 2015.

Interview

It was a technical interview where you had to explain the functions of the different European Institutions. It's not enough to just say what they do, you have to explain what you like and what you don't like about them, and what you can recommend to make them more efficient.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about TTIP, what is one negative and one positive thing about TTIP, how would you change it   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at European Parliament in December 2015.

Interview

Everything was done online which included questions about previous experience (eg multi-national)
    There was no call interview. I was just e-mailed that I was selected based on my online application.
    The questions focus on your background (academic) and work (voluntary AND paid). They ask for a cover letter as well.

The application is TIMED so make sure to prepare in advance.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in multi-cultural environments?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in December 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process as the candidates are selected only on the basis of their applications. The decision makeing process is therefore based on the screening of the applications of the candidates, with no further steps to be completed.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to first you must identify when the interns are being hired normally they are hired from 2 to 4 months so you must pay attention to the adds in the oficial PE website. It would even better if you apply through a network connection. Personally I identified when they where hiring and previously I set a network on which to increase my odds and when I got the interview it was eisy sailing. the hardest par is getting in contact and taken out of the paper pile.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing in getting an internship in the European Parliament is the tremendous competition there is. People know 2 to 5 languages normally they are already studying a masters degree or doctorate its restless people so you have to stand out in this time of environment. My suggestions is getting prior experience and network or it will be impossible.   Answer Question