European Parliament Interview Questions | Glassdoor

European Parliament Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.5

Translator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at European Parliament in January 2012.

Interview

A lot of steps. Fairly easy translations. Interview with 10 to 12 people interviewing you, kind of nerv wrecking. It also took a long time to get test results and be invited to interview.

Interview Questions

• Where have you learnt to speak...   1 Answer

Parliamentary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at European Parliament.

Interview

Literally no interview process. I got the job via contacts and based on conversations with all the other interns/assistants, that's the only possible way to get it. The job itself is really rewarding and everyone treats you well. Plus all the Assistants and Interns are 20 something so it socially it works out pretty well too.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Firstly, I sent in an application. After few months, I received a phone call out of the blue. My future supervisor asked me if I was still interested and I confirmed my previous interest. Afterwards, I received an email stating that I was short-listed for the position and asking me to deliver some documents. After doing so, I was basically in.

Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in July 2016.

Interview

They set-up a specific time for an interview a couple of days before. The interview was via phone and took about 15 minutes. They only asked very general questions as to motivation, what you know about the European Parliament as well as 1 or 2 competency based questions about time management. They took one week of notice which they have said during the interview. I first got rejected but they called me a couple of weeks after if I would like to join in another part of the unit I was screened for.

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very simple, some general knowledge about European Union, about the specialization area, and what is to be an european citizen. Everything during a meeting with the HR manager of the political group.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at European Parliament in December 2015.

Interview

Everything was done online which included questions about previous experience (eg multi-national)
    There was no call interview. I was just e-mailed that I was selected based on my online application.
    The questions focus on your background (academic) and work (voluntary AND paid). They ask for a cover letter as well.

The application is TIMED so make sure to prepare in advance.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in multi-cultural environments?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in December 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process as the candidates are selected only on the basis of their applications. The decision makeing process is therefore based on the screening of the applications of the candidates, with no further steps to be completed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at European Parliament in November 2015.

Interview

It was a technical interview where you had to explain the functions of the different European Institutions. It's not enough to just say what they do, you have to explain what you like and what you don't like about them, and what you can recommend to make them more efficient.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about TTIP, what is one negative and one positive thing about TTIP, how would you change it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at European Parliament (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2015.

Interview

Through my university administration, i had to attend a meeting with a employee at the European Parliament. I asked no technical question unless one on the macroeconomic situation, in order to understand if I were really motivated to the position at the economic commitee. I looked to my cv and my interests. No worries.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the ECB reaction to the credit crunch   1 Answer

Negotiation

be yourself

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Parliament in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was an informal and relaxed setting. The focus for my entry level role was more on my existing skills and what I could bring to the job from the offset rather than my broader political knowledge or shared values with the party I would work for. My role was intended to be administrative, as are many entry level jobs or 'stagiaire' positions in the EP, so the interviewers wanted to ensure that I could complete these tasks with minimal supervision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to balance different responsibilities and prioritise your work.
      What are the best and worst things about working in a team, how do you deal with difficult people?
      Describe a time when you have had to deal with a high volume of work, how did you keep on top of it?   Answer Question