EverQuote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EverQuote Interview Questions

Interviews at EverQuote

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

A 20-minute call with recruiter, 30-minute call with a sales manager, 30-minute interview with a sales manager and sales trainer through zoom

On my third round, one of the two individuals showed up 12 minutes late and had a hard stop at the end of the 30-minute block giving me a total of 18 minutes for the interview. It seemed as if he was more so in charge of making a hiring decision and only asked me two questions. I do not understand how you can make a hiring decision after asking 2 questions throughout an 18-minute conversation.

I felt as if they did not take me seriously nor really cared to have an in-depth conversation, 3rd rounds typically run 45 - 60 mins but here I guess 18 minutes suffices! Overall negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How did learning take place at your past employer after training had ended?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EverQuote (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Very weird interview process. The first person I met with had a VP title but came across more like an engineer as instead of spending a few minutes getting to know me, he starts out by saying he had a excel test for me. I was put on the spot to answer questions and solve math problems while trying to read one of their internal data reports on his computer. And, he sat next to me the whole time which made it even more awkward. And it also took longer so I was late to my next interview with another sales team member. Very bad candidate experience and really turned me off. In addition, I was told that I would be meeting with the EVP
    because he was in town from Colorado however he was too busy to meet me and had other meetings. Rude!

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EverQuote in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online via Handshake and a few days later had a request for a phone interview. Was asked what prior work I've done, what my strengths and weaknesses were, etc.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote.

Interview

30 minute call with recruiter, then 60 minute call with hiring manager. Talk over general background and interests and the role they were looking to source. Questions about strengths and weaknesses and “where do you see yourself in 5 years”.

Followed up with recruiter but no reply after 2 weeks...

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter and the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I got along and I answered his questions correctly. At the end of the interview I was told that the hiring manager was excited to speak with me more and would chat with the recruiter about the next steps. The recruiter reached out to schedule an interview the following Friday only to remove it late on Thursday to push it to next week. I gave him my availability and was ghosted so I reached back on Monday and he said we decided not to pursue me because 1) "You were fired from your last job" which I was honest about and 2) "You had an anonymous resume" which I offered an unanonymized resume to no avail. I tried reaching out to the pleasant hiring manager and was also ghosted. Seems like a great company but unresponsive or rather unwilling to give constructive feedback or unwilling to take a chance with someone who once made a mistake.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a 1hr interview for a whiteboarding challenge. Then I had a 3 hrs inteview with people from the team and the manager. In pairs the got into the room and asked me about my experience and asked me to write some code (simpler than the first one)

Interview Questions

• Writing methods for a board game. Like the representation of the grid, and the game itself.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EverQuote.

Interview

I had three interviews in total. First round, I had a short phone call with hr. Second round, I had discussed a case with a team member over phone for 30 minutes. Third round, I was invited to the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you applying for this position? What's your strengths?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

First talk with the hr manager for about 20 minutes, passed easily. Then schedule about 30 MINUTES WITH TEAM MANAGER in next few days. Ask about the market strategy and impacts on company profit.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you need to run a coffee shop, origin strategy is no-refill coffee, what will happen to the revenue after the refilling strategy   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EverQuote (Atlanta, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through university recruiter, and then I received an interview within 5 days. The interview takes place on campus and it is a face-to-face interview. The HR first asks me why I am interested in EverQuote, then she asks me to tell her about myself. Later she asks me a math problem to solve within 10 minutes. After I solved the math question, there is still some time left, and I was able to ask her about what are some of the typical projects a quantitative analyst usually works on. The interview lasts for 15 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• There are 100 doors in a row, all doors are initially closed. A person walks through all doors multiple times and toggle (if open then close, if close then open) them in following way:
      In first walk, the person toggles every door

In second walk, the person toggles every second door, i.e., 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, …
      In third walk, the person toggles every third door, i.e. 3rd, 6th, 9th, …

………
      ……….

In 100th walk, the person toggles 100th door.

Which doors are open in the end?   1 Answer

Product Manager, Vertical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote (Cambridge, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

I first had a ~20 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. She asked a lot of standard questions (what salary do I expect to make, why am I looking to change jobs, etc.), explained a lot about EverQuote and its employee perks, and then she scheduled me for a 1-hour interview with the Consumer Product Lead, and said I would be asked a case-style question and to have a pen and paper ready.

The 2nd interview also asked a lot of standard questions. EverQuote is a completely different industry than my previous positions, so the Consumer Product Lead asked a lot about my background and why I wanted to make the switch. All of that seemed to go fine until the case study question, as I hadn't had this type of interview before (even though I tried my best to prepare with a few practice questions). If you're confident and comfortable with these you should be all set, but I think this was my main downfall.

All in all a positive experience, and both interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• A case study (I don't think it's appropriate to share the exact question).   Answer Question