EverQuote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a first round interview with a lady from the recruitment team at a career fair in Boston. The interview was about 30mins long. We went through a lot of behavioral questions such as why college, why major, what's your favorite class... Then towards the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me to do a case, which is a brain teaser question. The question was tricky but the interviewer was really nice and helpful during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why major
      Why College
      Experience on dealing with large dataset   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our interview process. We wish you the best of luck in your post grad job search!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume to an employee there. Following week got an email from talent acquisition to confirm application. Got scheduled for a technical interview the next week. Got interviewed by 2 engineers. Asked general questions about previous work experience and projects and one technical question about searching an array.
    Interviewing team was super friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote in August 2016.

Interview

Got an email from the HR saying that they were interested in interviewing. I emailed her the days I would be available and did not receive any reply whatsoever for a week.

After following up I got an email at 1.56 pm that she could interview at 2 which wasn't possible for me. I promptly replied and no reply again for ages.

After following up again I got a reply after a few days of course (The HR probably feels that it is wrong to reply to an email the same day) was told that the position is on hold.

Interview Questions

• None! To reach that stage they would have probably taken another month or so!   Answer Question

Aug 23, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

On behalf of the talent team, I'd like to apologize. During certain high volume application times, our response times can be slow. While this isn't an excuse, and we know the best candidates do not... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EverQuote (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Spent an hour each with two groups of two people. 30 minutes talk, Q&A, etc and 30 minutes white board technical portion. Overall, they were all very friendly and interview was conversational. Supportive through the technical portion. Got a chance to ask a lot of questions about the company, team.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EverQuote.

Interview

Straightforward questions - describe yourself, experience, etc. Had to describe in detail 3 mathematical analysis projects I had been involved with. Then asked a brainteaser question. Follow-up was a problem set that took a few hours to work through.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EverQuote.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of their employees. It consisted mostly of technical questions ranging from basic statistics (what is a t-test vs. z-test) to questions about specific algorithms I had written.
    After the Interview I was asked for a code sample as well as given an Analytics test to complete. I did not receive the next step (if there was one) due to being less involved in algorithms than they had hoped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EverQuote (Woburn, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The company reached out to me via LinkedIn. Set up an initial call with the recruiter. This is less of a phone screening and more of a hyped up recruiter trying to sell EverQuote and how it has the most amazing culture ever with so many fun perks. It's somewhat obnoxious, but also sort of works. Scheduled an in person interview with a two people who are lead the sales department. One of them is is nice, asks normal questions, etc. The other, as many have noted, curses a ton throughout the interview. He does not make strong eye contact. Very strange guy overall and also talks poorly about the head of sales and the Cambridge office (They just opened a Woburn office for the sales team). Overall, this place just does not come across as trustworthy and sketched me out from the start.

Interview Questions

• Sell me on Winter and sell me on Summer and why one is better than the other. One of them likes to do speed round of "ketchup or mustard" "black or white" really basic, dumb approach.   Answer Question

Jun 14, 2017 – Assistant Talent Director

Thank you so much for interviewing and I am deeply sorry that you had a negative experience. I definitely agree that that language and behavior is not appropriate during an interview. We have taken... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EverQuote.

Interview

Began by applying through a referral. Set up a phone screen with the recruiter and then went into the office for a 2.5 hour on-site round with 2 Sales Managers and the Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Series of questions about your personality, past sales experience and situational selling role plays.   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EverQuote (Woburn, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Glass Door then was contacted by a recruiter that set up a phone screen that explained the company in full and went over my resume, then set up time to go into office to meet the managers where you spoke with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions

• Series of personality questions that ask you what you would do in certain situations and questions that see how you would react.   1 Answer

Feb 6, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to interview with our team and come into the office! We wish you the best of luck in your job search!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EverQuote (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the site and was contacted by a recruiter a day or two later. She was very energetic on the phone and took the time to figure out which job would make the most sense for me to interview for.

We scheduled a follow up phone interview with a sales manager. They worked around my schedule which was pretty demanding. The follow up phone interview was less of an interview and more of the manager explaining what they did and just briefly touching on what I had done and who I was. I think my resume and my phone presence made the interview less intense than it may be for others.

I got invited for an in person interview after that. I spoke with three people in two shifts. Everyone was very friendly and laid back. Don't go there if you're not comfortable with an occasional swear word tossed into the interview. (I appreciated it!) After this, the manager I spoke with on the phone (who was the second 'shift' of the interview) said we'd schedule another follow up call with a VP of sales (or equivalent). I was told I'd get an email with this info.

When I followed up after not receiving a scheduling email I was told they had gone with another candidate. The entire process was very transparent until the end and everyone I spoke with was great. The interview process got me excited to work there. I was a little shocked when I was not offered the job, as I thought the interview went well. I don't blame them and would still recommend the company based on what I've seen and the people I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any out of the box or unusual questions. I was asked to explain the product to a sales manager as if the manager was a customer.   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We've had a very competitive applicant pool, so we had to turn away a few very strong applicants. Best of luck in your next steps!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EverQuote (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

People took a lot of time to ensure skills, intelligence and cultural fit. Was rigorous on the testing front. Definitely met full team I was going to work with.