EverQuote Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
EverQuote CEO Seth Birnbaum
Seth Birnbaum

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance where results are important but in the context of sustainability" (in 9 reviews)

• "Everyone is willing to help out whenever needed" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical mid-stage startup growing pains - really an opportunity for employees to take initiative and drive the change they want to see" (in 6 reviews)

• "The pace here can be demanding and things can change pretty quickly - sometimes its hard to keep your bearings" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"EverQuote is a great place to work and grow your career"

Former Employee - Analytics Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Analytics Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at EverQuote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Simply, EverQuote is great place to work.

EverQuote does a great job investing in their employees. This can come in the form of teaching them skills like how to code in Python or interact with databases using SQL. They also have internal programs to help equip young managers for their new role and responsibilities. Going hand and hand with this program is EverQuote history of promoting from within and allowing employees early in their career to get incredibly valuable experience managing direct reports and engaging in strategic planning.

Further, EverQuote is a place where you get to engage in online marketing at a truly impressive scale. At other companies you could spend hours arguing this point or that point. At EverQuote instead you run an A/B test and after a couple of hours you have enough scale to answer the question with objective rigor.

All in all, if you have the chance to work at EverQuote, you should take it.

Cons

EverQuote is transitioning from being a small start-up to a mid-sized company. This doesn't come without friction, but there is nothing out ordinary for a company undergoing this transition.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and allowing employees to grow their human capital.

Dec 4, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

2. "Account Executive"

I have been working at EverQuote full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great company, amazing culture

Cons

None at the moment. Great company.

3. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at EverQuote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely fast-paced and competitive work place, exceptional pay and commission structure. If you are looking for a company in the Pre-IPO stage that offers great benefits and pays their employees well, EverQuote is definitely the place for you. Fantastic work-life balance, unlimited PTO and many opportunities to work from the road. Every in employee in the company from the BDR's to the CEO are extremely accessible and open to any suggestions or comments. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a profession in sales.

Cons

Position hierarchy is fairly flat, however if you produce in your current position you will get raises and promotions, so the overall financial compensation for each position offsets the flat structure.

Advice to Management

Only advice to management would have to be a faster paced promotion schedule, once this is implemented EverQuote will be the perfect tech-sales company to work for!

4. "Great people and fun work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EverQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined everquote as an engineer recently and it’s been a delightful experience. The people are all brilliant and super friendly. Everyone is willing to help out whenever needed. The work life balance so far seems great, no one in the company seems burned out.

Cons

As with most fast paced mid stage startups, documentation and organization is not always the top priority so it can take some time to get through code.

"The people here are what make this place special"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EverQuote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EverQuote is consistently named among the best places to work for a reason. From C-level to entry-level, the people here are what make this place special. From an opportunity standpoint - employees are truly valued and given enormous growth potential. Your interests and passion are important here, and you have the freedom to explore them as you see fit. Expectations are high, and the work environment is fast-paced - but everyone wants everyone to succeed, and everyone is willing to help each other do so.

Cons

Growing pains essentially. New initiatives constantly come up, as we're a tech company growing at an incredibly fast rate in a massive industry. Working here requires a can-do attitude.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and celebrate your people as this thing continues to scale. Don't forget how we got to where we are.

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EverQuote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is growing and doing a great job within the auto insurance vertical
    Lots of opportunities to own projects, clients, and add value to the company
    Fun place to work with amazing benefits

Cons

Work can be difficult and challenging

Advice to Management

Keep listening to all employees, no matter their role & title.

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"When someone offers you a seat on the rocket ship you don't ask which seat"

I have been working at EverQuote full-time

Pros

- One of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
    - Great opportunity to create your own success
    - Ability to have your ideas heard at every level of the business

Cons

Tremendous growth comes with known growing pains. If you're looking to build structure and grow fast within an organization then this is your place. However, if you're looking for an unchanging rigid structure, this probably wouldn't be your cup of tea.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and they'll continue to invest in you.

Apr 5, 2018 – People Operations

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're glad you're on this journey with us!

"Fast growing company, great work culture, and amazing opportunity for career advancement."

I have been working at EverQuote full-time

Pros

Collaborative work environment (open door policy actually exists here!)
    Career advancement opportunity
    Work/life balance and company culture

Cons

With rapid growth comes frequent changes. Not a fit for those who are not adaptable.

Apr 5, 2018 – People Operations

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're proud that our CEO and CTO continue to maintain an open door policy for all at the company to provide honest feedback and ideas!

9. "Came here to build, and I'm building!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EverQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined my engineering team at EQ after leaving another large tech company in the Boston area. During the recruitment process and interviews, everyone really focused on the net new projects and infrastructure I could get my hands on. A few months in, I can say this is true! I've really enjoyed my time here so far and love getting to work with some of the brightest engineering talent in my career.

Cons

I think the company and teams could do a better job documenting and sharing information. Sometimes I feel there is low discoverability for processes or techniques that are best practices. I do think this is a known issue, and not super surprising given the immense growth in recent months.

"Best Job I have Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EverQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the extremely friendly and helpful culture at EverQuote. The training as a new hire was very detailed and I was ready to go by the time I was on the sales floor.

EverQuote was ranked as one of the best companies to work for in Boston and I was fortunate enough to get hired. The company compensation is extremely good, and the benefits list is amazing. They pay health insurance in full for me and my wife. They allow unlimited vacation time. On snow days or family emergencies they allow us to work from home. They keep a fully stocked kitchen with tons of food, nuts, fruits etc. and also cater for us every Tuesday. The list is extensive!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I think the Management is doing amazing and I really value their hard work and leadership. Some of the more shy co-workers might hesitate to share their opinion in a public way, perhaps add some type of an anonymous tips/feedback platform.