ExpertVoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExpertVoice Interview Questions

Interviews at ExpertVoice

2.7

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ExpertVoice.

Interview

I loved my interview process. They were very personable, casual and the recruiter did a great job keeping open communication with me during the process. I even ended up leaving the building at points to go on a walk as part of my interview. Great people, great culture.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExpertVoice in January 2020.

Interview

I had a screening interview, a design test, and an on-site interview. All of which went well and the total time between applying and the on-site interview was about 2-3 weeks Everyone was really nice and I really wanted to work there, so I put them as a priority and worked around their schedule (missing other interview opportunities). Then I received an email saying that they decided to postpone hiring for the position. I tried to follow up via email but received no reply from anyone. I feel like they wasted my time, especially because they had me do a design challenge that took 2 days to complete, and I received no follow-up in my attempts to reach out. I was essentially ghosted. Very disappointed.

Customer Success Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExpertVoice in August 2019.

Interview

The recruiter sent me an email to schedule a phone interview.

It was bad enough the recruiter was looking for someone that lives in Salt Lake. I told the recruiter I live 15 minutes away from Salt Lake. Sent me an email to schedule a phone interview, sent the time I am available. Got a second email telling me those times don't work. I had to ask when she's available. She set a time and date for her to call me. She never did, sent a follow up email and never got a reply back. I DO NOT recommend this company as an employee or a client.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExpertVoice in September 2018.

Interview

they contacted me online through email and first scheduled a phone interview and then a skype interview after 2 weeks of the phone interview phone interview is for 40 min and skype interview is for 3 hrs where total of 6 people took the interview 2 per each hour

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExpertVoice (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter asking for my availability for a phone interview. The recruiter did a good job at explaining the role to me, but by the way that the conversation progressed I already knew that my interview was simply for quotas. I really wish that ExpertVoice had more commitment and respect for its candidates. Building a great culture and company starts in the recruiting process. Unfortunately, many companies are so stuck to something that all they can see is a resume.

Business Intelligence Online Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExpertVoice (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received email from recruiter asking for availability. Confirmed date and time via email and through their web portal.

Recruiter never called or emailed me. She only asked me to fill out a form. Unprofessional recruiter.

Interview Questions

ExpertVoice Response

Jun 13, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

I am very sorry you had a poor experience. All candidates receive an email from our ATS (Applicant Tracking System) letting them know if we have decided not to conduct an interview due to closing the position, changing direction on the role or moving forward with another candidate. It sounds like perhaps your email might have gone to your junk mail and did not make it to you. I apologize for any inconvenience and that you were left not knowing that your interview had been canceled. Interviewing can often time be frustrating and I very sorry that this experience added to that frustration.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ExpertVoice (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

Took too long. I was in the process for months. I remember my first interview being in the beginning of May and not getting an offer until the end of September. I interviewed with two C level executives which is fine, as I was a strategic hire, but my interview process was delayed because of schedules and getting on their calendar.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExpertVoice.

Interview

At first, I had a good initial conversation with the recruiter and the team, so was going to continue with the onsite process. Then the recruiter changed my onsite to a video interview. Before the interview, they misremembered the time and got me contacted during when they thought the interview should happen. The interview was okay, lasting for 4 hours on video, I answered almost every questions and was waiting to hear back from them, but I never not heard back in one week and I was having a headline eagle to get an answer. So I emailed them back and got a call very quickly and they rejected me with a more than obvious excuse. It seems they do not want to hire me initially, so that they do not want to pay me the onsite expense, treat the interview casually, and rejected me anyway....But you've wasted me a lot of time and energy!!!! Very bad experience. You should reject me at first if you think I am not qualified.

Interview Questions

ExpertVoice Response

May 8, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry you had such a bad experience. Someone from a different team was helping schedule these interviews and there was a bit of confusion on our end. I know it was frustrating on your end. You were very polite and accommodating as we worked this out on our end. To address the flight issue, unfortunately, the needs of the team changed on this position during your interview process. It became more and more clear that the team needed a Sr. Data Engineer. We did still want to interview you to better understand your experience level but did not feel it made fiscal sense to fly you in due to the restraints of your class schedule. The flights were also unusually expensive. You did very well on the Coding/Algorithm portion of the interview but your SQL did not meet the needs of this team for a Sr. Engineer. The time delay in getting back to you was due to the internal discussion from the Engineer who had completed your Algorithm and Programming section and the individuals who completed the SQL portion. Ultimately it was decided that based on the current need for advanced SQL and ETL experience the team decided to pass on you-this was not an easy decision. You are an exceptional candidate and if we had multiple roles we would have moved forward in a heartbeat. I am sorry for any delay and for not checking in with you along the way, that was my fault. I also apologize for the scheduling mix up we had and any inconvenience. You are a very impressive candidate and I am confident we would have extended an offer if the needs of the team had not changed. We appreciate your feedback and you showing us ways that we can improve our process and experience-Thank you again.

Expert Success Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExpertVoice (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was positive and painless. I did a brief phone interview with HR before being asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed briefly with 3 different people - the head of HR, the department head for the team I was applying for, and a team member. Each person was personable and kind and seemed genuinely interested in me. One even told me that they hoped I got the job! It felt really good to be so wanted for a position.

Interview Questions

• Please share an experience you've had that relates to the team you're applying for.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ExpertVoice (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by their HR and a phone screen was setup with the VP. The phone screen went well and I was brought on-site for an interview loop with the rest of the team.

I was scheduled to interview with about 5 people, including the VP and the CTO. The first 3 interviews went really well with the devs. But, when it came time to do the design interview with the VP, things went south really fast. He became irritated when I couldn't figure out a particular part of the problem and it made me very uncomfortable. Because of that, I became discouraged and couldn't wait for his session to end. In the end, he became disinterested and started answering texts/emails on his phone. Shortly thereafter, he told me he was the last person I'd be interviewing (even though I still had the CTO to meet but I got the hint) and led me to the door. I was happy to leave early!

I got a call from the HR the following week explaining that she was still waiting to get feedback from everyone but the preliminary response was positive. That was the last time I ever heard from them even after sending a follow-up email.

In the end, I'm glad I wasn't contacted because I would have rejected any offer. After my experience with the VP I knew this would be a toxic environment to work in.

Interview Questions

ExpertVoice Response

May 1, 2017 – Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this feedback. We truly appreciate your honesty and we are sorry that you had a negative experience. We are working to resolve this and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention as we do greatly value the candidates experience as well as your time.