Eyeglass World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eyeglass World (Northville, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Boring and long. The guy interveiwing me didn't know what he was doing. They were just looking for any body to put in the store that was JUST opening. Very bad structure and training process. What a mess of a company.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eyeglass World (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

I sat down with both the lab manager and area manager, they were really nice and asked a lot of good questions. They get u prepared for the job in the process to make sure u really want it

Interview Questions

• What do u see yourself doing in five years   1 Answer

Optician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eyeglass World (Lafayette, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview almost immediately. Got another interview shorty after but then took manager 2 months to finally offer me the job

Optometrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eyeglass World (Rockford, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with an executive that is employed by the optometry group practice went well. This lead to a contract offer that was sent by Verisign. We returned the offer for enhancements and clarification. The entire hiring process can be done online.

Interview Questions

• How many patients per hour are you comfortable seeing?   1 Answer

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eyeglass World (Brighton, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview with GM went well as well as the second with the AGM and Lab Manager. I was given the idea that it was a very positive working environment, but they were wrong.

Interview Questions

• Information about experience and my personality.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eyeglass World (Peoria, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I stopped over and asked about available positions. I was given an application and very little info since both managers were supposedly out. I filled out application and included a copy of my resume and cover letter. I took all three articles over and dropped off with associate since no managers were supposedly available again. I waited a week before hearing anything, and was not given an apology, but an excuse that they're always busy, even though the two managers were never in the two times I stopped by. They asked me to call back in three days and when I did, I had to call back several times because the hiring manager was out for different reasons. Finally set up the first interview. Head interviewer seemed uninterested and would not give me answers to any questions about job expectations, when they were looking to hire, how many people they were looking to hire, etc. I was told to call back and set up another interview with the co-hiring manager. This manager got me in within a few days, was very easy to talk to, answered all of the questions they knew, and told me exactly the steps that would happen next: Managers would share and compare info, decisions on hiring numbers and positions would be made, and employees would be chosen then contacted. I was told that this would happen within a week, but I never received a call (they had told me they'd call either way). So I started calling 3+ times per week asking if there was any updates, and I always received, "The head hiring manager is away, would you like to leave a message" and I would every time but never receive an answer. After 7 weeks of this, I decided I didn't want to work for a business that couldn't communicate well.

Interview Questions

• Even though you've never worked sales, what was the hardest instant you found when trying to sell something to a costumer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eyeglass World in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process has been a little rough. The first interview was scheduled by a woman for another man. When I got there I met with the guy and the woman had already moved stores to be the GM at another location. Interview went as normal, somewhat informal, but that was okay. He couldn't tell me much about what they were looking for but assured me that I was a strong candidate and there were many opportunities with the company and not to get discouraged. I then had a second "interview" which was more like a meet and greet with the original woman caller at her new store and she didn't have a paper to ask me questions or anything prepared. Again very informal, but again...that was okay. The whole process to hiring call took about 2 weeks. Starting pay offer not great, but with commission, hours, and growth potential I am optimistic. Again, very laid back at these locations, and somewhat unsure about what they were seeking but then they came around.

Optician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eyeglass World in January 2018.

Interview

It was very unprofessional, as I was stuck in a small office with the manager. I couldn't even cross my legs without kicking him or the desk. When I first arrived I had to wait 30 minutes to be seen, because the manager wasn't ready. During the interview I received very little information about the company and pay.