FHI 360 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FHI 360 Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with Program Director, then an in-person interview with team. Interview started with overview of the project and they asked what I knew about the project. Then they asked me to tell them a little about myself before they started asking me questions. Some questions were generic interview questions, but some were more targeted more for specific skills such as data management and Excel abilities.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength?   1 Answer

Technical Officer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial screening call was very pleasant. There were several weeks between the HR screen and the actual interview. I interviewed with a panel of 3 people at the DC office. From the very beginning it was awkward and seemed like the program manager lacked interviewing skills. The panel sat scattered throughout the room and when I asked where to sit, the PM did not direct me. I could tell within the first several minutes that the team either already had someone chosen and was there just to check off the box of interviewing another person or really had decided they were not interested in me before I had arrived. The interview was dry, emotion-less, and ended abruptly. I had considered this job a "dream job" but after the interview, I knew I couldn't see myself on that team and that the feeling was reciprocated. Super awkward, but I guess those experiences are bound to happen! C'est la vie.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What would give you value with this position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I've been applying to this company for awhile and finally was able to get somewhere in the interview process. I applied directly on their website then three days later was sent an email to set up an interview. I replied with dates and times I can schedule my phone screen. The recruiter did not confirm the day or time to conduct the phone screen. She just called out of the blue when I was finishing up another phone interview. Since I still had some available time I went ahead and did the phone interview since I did need a job. The phone interview was basic behavioral questions they ask as a customer service rep which I was familiar with. Was told if they decided to move forward with me I will be contacted for a face to face interview. Two days later I recieved an email to set up a time to come in for a face to face interview. That same week I went in for my face to face interview. It was a panel interview with two of the team members who was very pleasant. Again just your basic behavioral interview questions. I got the feeling from them they were looking for someone who was going to be comfortable working in that position and not expecting to move up in the company. That's not me after 5 or 10 years I expect to be in another position. I was told I should hear back from them in 2 weeks which I already assumed I did not get the job because the recruiter already told me they were trying to filled the role quickly. It turn out to be a blessing because a few days later I found out someone exposed themselves to a lady about two blocks from there. One of my job requirement is job safety.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FHI 360.

Interview

Applied to many positions, didn't hear back. Finally got a phone call and then in-person interview for Program Assistant position. Didn't get the offer (was later told I was over-qualified for the position), and then several months later, got a call back to interview for Program Officer position.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under stress?
      What are your long-term goals?
      Can you talk a little bit about yourself?   Answer Question

Program Officer II Exchanges Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHI 360.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later i received an e-mail from a recruiter from FHI 360 to schedule a phone interview. She gave me a couple of options and i replied right away with a picked date. Didn't hear back until the day of that date telling me that something unexpected came up and would like to reschedule. we agreed on a day to skype at 10:30--this is where the most unprofessional and disrespectful behavior started. At 10:35 i received an e-mail from her apologizing for being late and that she would call me in 10 minutes. 45 minutes later--nothing! At that point i had to return to my job and e-mailed her to ask to re-schedule. I have not heard from her since then-ever! Even after e-mailing several time. I've interviewed more time than i can count with small and large companies, I have never dealt with an HR office/personnel quite so unprofessional. Shame!

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through an employee referral and also chatted with the recruiter at a local career event. You also have to submit an online application. There was one phone screen with one team member who then routed me to the hiring manager. That process was quite fast and took about two weeks. Then, I went in for an-person. Although I did not make it to the next round, the next steps would have been a panel interview with three FHI team members. The whole process was pretty easy, smooth and did not take a long time.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a bad strategy?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent an email to the hiring person which was sent to me through my university. Within a few days, I was contacted and an interview as schedule. A few days later I received my acceptance.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a Phone interview. A Face to face panel interview as well as a Skype interview. Very well managed. Great communication throughout. Speedy movement and timely responses.

So overall impressed by the speed and efficiency of the process. Only negative could be it took a while after job application for the interview process to get started.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences play a major role. Plus suitability to job tasks.   Answer Question

Assistant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

They just never get back to the candidates. After few rounds of interviews, they said that the decision will be made and I will be notified within a week or two. I've waited more than two weeks and heard nothing so contacted them in order to check my status but they just did not respond. I see that this is not the case for me only. Their hiring process is very unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FHI 360 (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was recommended to apply for the summer internship by a member of the team I networked with during a conference. After submitting my resume and cover letter and following up, I was informed that I will be interviewed by two members of the team. They were super friendly and one was even funny and that put me at ease. The interview itself was a positive experience.

However, scheduling the interview with HR was a bit difficult and I had to follow up constantly. I was told that I will be contacted by a member of the HR team but they never did and I had to take the initiative to contact them. Also, I think they gave the team an old resume I applied with before for another position months earlier.