FIRST FINISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FIRST FINISH

2.8

Construction Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FIRST FINISH (Columbia, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

Went though a recruiting service. Phone interviews went well. In person interview started as a presentation of my skills. Were four people present. The office was not what I expected from a company thst does high end work.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with on screen take offs?   1 Answer

Construction Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FIRST FINISH (Columbia, MD) in December 2018.

Interview

This was a great interview process. They tried to get things done as quickly as
    possible during the holiday season. I had a typical phone screen and then one in-person interview. The in-person interview was very much like a conversation. The questions were direct and the expectations expressed were direct. Full transparency with expectations, history, and type of work was discussed at length. I liked the fact that personality/character is important to them, not just skill set, you have to be a good fit on both sides. During this process each team member was very responsive to emails and calls. They made it very clear that communication is key and well, so far they have shown that. Even the President responds to the emails I’ve sent during this interview process. I have been amazed so far and am excited about joining the First Finish Team. They seem to be are very organized and structured. I get a sense of family and I look forward to learning more and more about First Finish.

The liked the fact that they sent me a small project to estimate. I worked on it over the weekend and turned it in Monday morning. I believe assigments given during the interview process show the employer a glimpse of who your are getting. They now have the chance to make an informed decision. It also gives the employee a snap shot of the type of work they do, and you can take the time to brush up on your knowledge of the subject.

The VP gave me a call on Tuesday evening to discuss my estimate project and I’m so happy that they were very impressed with my estimate package. He told me that “....even though you have parents, we are going to adopt you, and develop you.” I can go on and on about how there leadership characteristics but I’m sure you see my point.

All I can say is that I can’t wait to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that frustrates you?   1 Answer

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIRST FINISH (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview process went very smooth. Since I was living in Miami I was asked to visit on of the job site we were doing at that time, when I got there I met with two Superintendents which showed me the progress of the job and then proceeded to ask me about my strengths and weaknesses. When I was called for my second interview I met with David Burman (President) & Brain Bagniesfki (VP), both David & Brian were such cool people that it did not feel I was being interviewed by two of the higher management of the company.

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FIRST FINISH (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

1st round "telephone" interview. 2nd round interview with 3 members of executive/upper management.
         First Finish has a dynamic team who are passionate about the work they do. They have a strong business plan built on the contractual obligations the major hospitality brands have in place to ensure brand consistency regardless of geography.
         The interview was much more an in depth discussion opposed to a question/answer interrogation.
         This team is incredible, passionate and has a clear vision, timeline and strategy for their organization. These are not just words which flow from the executive team members mouths or that decorate electronic signatures as a tag line. First Finish is not a company who's "strategic plan" ends up in "Strategic Plan Purgatory" (where 90% of "strategic plans" go to die). They are acting on that plan which includes adding new team members. Not only that, but one of the reasons some positions are being added is to keep current team members happy, which says a lot in and of itself.
    They were upfront about travel required,
     I did accept another offer, but not because there were any negatives about First Finish, at all. Anyone would be lucky to ve a part of this group.

Interview Questions

• Approach to budgets, subcontractor solicitation, experience renovations, occupied buildings, etc.   Answer Question
    • Software experiance and preference.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIRST FINISH (Columbia, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Pretty normal interview process, initial contact via email which evolved into a phone interview, then in-person interview with management. There were no curve balls, pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced in your current role   1 Answer