FTSE Russell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTSE Russell Interview Questions

Interviews at FTSE Russell

2.5

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FTSE Russell in May 2011.

Interview

The whole process was driven by a recruiter who seemed decent and working closely with FTSE. There were 2 interviews within just a few days - they were in a hurry to close the deal. I met a technical person and a director. The director asked me about what split is, dividend and a few other terms from the financial terminology - so prepare to articulate what PE ration is etc. The recruiter did help in narrowing down the list and it was interesting to review that. The technical person asked me easy questions from .NET such as what is the difference between DataAdapter and DataSet/DataReader, how to optimize SQL query and similar.

Interview Questions

• What is a split?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between DataAdapter and DataSet/DataReader?   Answer Question
    • What happens to a company's equity when it pays dividend?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate - left it to the recruiter, received a good salary increase. Gave a prompt answer. If you are a technology person be aware that FTSE is not about technology. With 2 different camps in technology - a new department and an old one there is some friction and technology is generally and afterthought. Consider this, ask to what the environment is, to see where people work then make your decision. Good luck.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTSE Russell (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, each round takes about 1 hour. The first one was one to one, the second round was with the whole team. In the first round I was asked about my education background, why did I study my major. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is bond, what is bond yield, bond price, and coupon rate?   Answer Question

Index Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTSE Russell.

Interview

The interviews process approximately took a month. The first interview was not too difficult but very detailed.
    Describe the job content and its company, before introduce yourself and walk through the resume.

Review Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTSE Russell (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2019.

Interview

Have two to three rounds interview. Including first round technical skills like programming, second round is index knowledge related questions. Final round is the job attitude and personality with the managing director. The first two rounds are with the team manager. Overall the process is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain the join function is SQL.   1 Answer

Quantitative Research Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTSE Russell (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

The manager asked me some some questions regarding my resume. Basically, if you are proficient at telling your past experience, it is fine. Be able to show your passion in the finance industry. For instance, I talked about my experience in a valuation challenge and the manager seemed to be very interested in the experience. BTW, a good academic record is quite important, at least for the manager who interviewed me. Overall, the interview was not difficult at all.

Index Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTSE Russell.

Interview

Phone interview first regarding your self-intro, some academic theories and general knowledge on index, then face-to-face interview (meet two managers and do tests on excel for both spreadsheet and vba)

Interview Questions

• Excel skills and general knowledge of index   1 Answer