Factory Motor Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Factory Motor Parts Interview Questions

1.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the job, had a phone screening, then they had me come to the office for an interview. It was one on one and didn't last very long. Pretty much just went over my resume and a couple of other quick things and that was it.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much just went through my resume and asked about strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Smooth easy questions no B.S.
    1 on 1 phone interview with a series of questions and how you would handle situation.
    Face to Face interview with two different managers seeing how your skills are and what they are looking for at the time.
    Call Back for screening on background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 Years.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There was none...two people sat around describing the company and themselves to me, instead of actually "interviewing me". Was not given the position, I guess based on my previous research of the company that I mistakenly mentioned. When I called after receiving the rejection letter, to ask if what I possibly did or said wrong in this so called interview, the hiring person played games with me on the phone, and actually hid from me! Told me I was calling a different location! LOL

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview went well. They said I'd hear from her either way on Monday or Tuesday. Heard nothing. Again, not following through with what they say.

Interview Questions

• They ask what my salary is now and after disclosing $18 an hour they ask if I'd be flexible on this.   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN).

Interview

IF, and I mean IF, they decide NOT to go through a temp agency as they almost exclusively do now, the interview process is simple. IF they're interviewing you then you pretty much have the job as long as you are polite and speak proper English. There will be a background check-they do NOT hire people with felonies on their record. Hence the temp agency. Despite whatever equal opportunities they claim. Then you will go for a drug test. That part is obvious. Dont do illegal drugs and you're fine. Once all the results come back then you're in! Then you start interviewing yourself-asking why did I apply here? There's no room for growth unless the 1 or 2 guys above you is firwd/quits or tragedy happens. So you're pretty much there to get warehouse experience/ forklift "training" and try to apply somewhere else. Rinse. Repeat.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with FMP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When they discuss pay-you better hope you have a degree or lots of previous experience cause then you MIGHT be able to negotiate a higher starting rate. Which is highly recommended because there are NO RAISES! and haven't been in atleast 4 years. FMP lost their biggest money making Delco stock orders so money is out of the question. They didnt have $ even when they had all that business-certainly dont have it now and wont for a long time because someone higher up-screwed up royally losing that business with no backup plan in site. So my advice, ask for as mich as possible in the beginning cause it'll be a great while till you see anymore...

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Madison, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Filled out app online and went in once to talk to them face to face. They required a drug test. They don't have more than one person in the interview aka the store manager so you have one person calling all the shots.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the area you will be driving in.   1 Answer

Warehouse Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Process was straight-forward. Fill out application online, schedule an interview and so on. Job was described in more detail, got good info on the company, tour of the facility, standard questions were posed, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a warehouse before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

General Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

I worked through Temp to hired and Supervisor seen me what I were doing the most of the job and met in person for job position interview after interview I felt great because it were simply question.

Interview Questions

• Can you work for this Company Factory Motor Parts?   1 Answer

Gen/Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with VP. Was told about position and what my contributions could be. Was showed the facilty in another state that was just built, impresive in size. Had three interviews with different managers within the company. Very long with some explanation of the responsibility. the communication process from them asfter the first interview to to long, I had to consistantly make the contact for the next interview as the process went, Poor communication for management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

make sure that the bonus levels that are explained are atainable. I believed in them without asking for proff on the performance of that location