Fandom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

Other7%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Fandom

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fandom in Apr 2022

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and set up an interviewer. During the interview, the recuriter made it clear that I didn't quite meet the desired yearly qualifications but will still show my resume to the hiring manager in case he might be intrested or if he has another role in mind. 15 minutes after the phone screening, I got a interview set up with the hiring manager. The hiring manager interview was great and he was really attentive, jovial, and kind. At the end he said he was glad I made it this far in the process A few days later I got an email saying they removed my from candidacy because I did not have the proper qualifications. Was a very quick, honest, and communicative process.

Interview Questions
  • What Fandoms are you apart of Have you ever managed a community before What would you change about the Fandom product
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poznań, Greater Poland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Fandom (Poznań, Greater Poland)

Interview

Lengthy process, around 6 rounds. Was spotted by a headhunter, then the process was continued by internal recruitment. The whole process lastes around 3 months. I had an opportunity to schedule additional calls with people, as I was hesitant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience Tell me about a moment where you had to think strategically and adjust the roadmap Tell me about a situation where you had a major impact

Fandom

Application

I interviewed at Fandom

Interview

Received call from HR person, seemed to go very well. "I'll be in touch to set up the first round soon" .. then was completely ghosted, did not even respond to my emails. Got a whiff of that classic Bay Area arrogance, which I'm used to working in tech but was still surprised at the complete flake out result. Super odd. Bullet dodged!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

I originally spoke with a recruiter who gave me a very in-depth background on the company. While she was very quick to say that my salary expectations didn't align with the role, she offered to put me in touch with the hiring manager because she felt I would be a good fit for the team. I was able to do a second interview with the hiring manager and it was a great experience. We both came away from it thinking I'd be a better fit for a new position opening at a later date. I enjoyed speaking with both employees and hope that they open up the application process for the other job soon. I appreciated everyone's transparency!

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in your next job?

Fandom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom in Aug 2021

Interview

I had an interview with their recruiter. I thought it went really well and she also said she really enjoyed talking to me and she would be passing me on to the hiring manager for a second interview. Two weeks later I still hadn't heard anything, so I sent a follow-up email. Still no reply until three days after that, when I got an automatic "this position has been filled" email. It was pretty frustrating to get positive feedback right after an interview only to be completely ghosted after that.

Interview Questions
  • This was just the initial interview with the recruiter, so it was mostly "tell me about yourself" type stuff.

Fandom

Application

I interviewed at Fandom

Interview

I'll start by saying it wasn't all bad. Matched on a 3rd party website and immediately scheduled a technical screen. Thought it went well, though the screen turned into a take-home assignment. No big deal as the interviewer was incredibly professional and a pleasure to work with. Next was a call with the Head of Talent asking about salary expectations, etc. Standard stuff. At the end of the call she mentioned they wanted to move fast and needed availability for an onsite within the next day or two, which I obliged after checking my schedule. Ghosted until the following week even after sending multiple followups with an automated "You've been invited to our onsite!" email. After the first round of the onsite, rest of the interviews were canceled. Received an email as well as 2 phone calls explaining why they weren't moving forward including "we had already made an offer to another candidate and didn't want to waste your time." I wouldn't waste your time on this company, particularly when in the on-site interview I did have the interviewer had a singular solution in mind and wasn't willing to deviate even slightly. From an architectural standpoint, I don't know if I'd view lack of flexibility to be a good thing, but I digress. Overall, there are plenty of companies to apply for willing to pay more and treat you better, I'd save your time.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

You have a quick phone interview with HR. Then you are passed onto the hiring manager for a video interview. The HR person did not know what the position actually involved or the Hiring Manager straight up lied about the scope of work this person would be handling. There seemed to be a huge disconnect between taking care of an individual brand vs managing the social company wide. It was unclear. They seem to want a low key graphic designer and social media manager not a high-level strategist to scale an individual brand property.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Fandom

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fandom in Jun 2021

Interview

I met with various employees and department heads over zoom. The recruiter communicated with me very clearly every step of the way and was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the conversations were just that - casual conversations in which I spoke about my prior experience and the employee in turn told me about their experiences working at Fandom. I was also asked how I handled challenging situations and how I worked cross-functionally with other departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Process was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY unprofessional. Ghosted after onsite rounds. Fandom tries to get cheap labor yet brags about being revenue positive. I do not understand. Do not waste your time interviewing there.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom (New York, NY)

Interview

I've interviewed with Fandom twice for two different positions. I didn't get them, but everyone I've spoken with have been cool. I've had some bad experiences interviewing, but not with this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself ? Could you go over you past experience in detail ? What do you know about Fandom ?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews

Fandom Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Fandom as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.33 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Summer Software Engineering and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Account Executive roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Fandom takes an average of 18 days when considering 48 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Technical Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Accounting Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 42 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Fandom according to 48 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 36.36%