Fandom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Editor, Entertainment Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy and welcoming. Everyone I spoke to was immediately approachable and very clear about what the job would entail. Like the best interviews, they didn't feel judgmental. It just felt like tow people having a normal, civil, and enlightening discussion. The interviewers were always prompt and able to answer any question I had.

Interview Questions

Fandom Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Global Talent Operations Leader

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - and thank you for making the decision to join the Fandom team! We hope you are enjoying your experience so far and as always welcome additional... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fandom in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy which was a bit frustrating initially, but I grew to appreciate how thorough everything seemed. Everyone that I spoke with was very accommodating and most seemed like they truly had a passion for what it is that they do. The interview questions were also very true to the job description which I found admirable.

Interview Questions

Fandom Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Global Talent Operations Leader

We are glad that you were able to gain a thorough understanding of Wikia prior to joining us. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Director of Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview Process is really long. I interviewed over 6 weeks and had a combination of video interviews and in person interviews totaling 10 hours of time chatting with people at the company

Interview Questions

• There were lots of questions about how I would use metrics in my job to make decisions, and questions regarding how I deal with staff members who are unmotivated.   Answer Question

Nov 4, 2016 – Global Talent Operations Leader

Thanks for providing details regarding your interview experience - we appreciate your feedback and will take that into consideration for future interviews.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Fantastic process from start to finish. Great use of technology by the talent team with Blue Jeans video conferencing to start the screening. The Wikia team was incredibly respectful of my time in scheduling interviews. The interviews were well prepared and each team member focused on job-specific questions. No filler questions I often receive in interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with X system? How familiar are you with creating X? Have you ever X?   1 Answer

Director of IT and Facilities - Fandom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my cover letter and resume through Wikia's online form, and received an email confirmation (3/1) on that. About 10 days went by, I'd heard nothing, so I decided to reach out through LinkedIn connections. I had all the qualifications they'd listed in their job description and thought it was odd I hadn't received any word. I sent a note to the mutual contact, and lo, I was contacted by a Talent Coordinator. We set up a call for a week later with the "Talent Lead, North America".

There was an issue with BlueJeans so we fell back to a phone call; the first thing out of her mouth was, "Well, you know we're pretty far along in our selection process for this position..." My impression was she had no interest in me as a candidate and was fulfilling an obligation. I received a thank you email stating they'd decided to move forward with another candidate. I responded asking if my interview was prompted by my online application or reaching out through linkedIn, but never got a response.

Fast forward a couple months, I'm looking in my SPAM folder over July 4th weekend, and there's an email from June 14th indicating they've received my application, someone will review and get back to me. I think that answered my question.

Looks like they're trying to fill the same position, again: Global Head of IT and Facilities for Fandom. It's a different title, but the job description looks almost identical.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in this position?   1 Answer

Jul 12, 2016 – Global Talent Operations Leader

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are always looking for ways to create a better candidate experience and will use your comments to make improvements to our interview process. Best of luck in... More

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Kind folks, thorough process. They move pretty quickly too. I did a video call with a talent coordinator shortly after I applied, then did a call with one of the hiring managers a few days later. I came in for an on-site interview about a week or two later. I interviewed with six people in pairs, so it was pretty lengthy. However, everyone was really nice and asked great questions relevant to the role. I liked that they showed me around the office as well. I didn't get an offer but it was a good process overall and I'd definitely apply with them again. I only wish that I received feedback as to why I didn't get an offer, but that's only a "would be nice."

Talent Leader North America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Received an email response for a video interview. Lasted 20 minutes the recruiting coordinator contacted me the same day for a face to face. Interviewed at their corporate office which is absolutely beautiful. The hiring manager was great extremely warm and inviting. I didn't move to the final round but I was given feedback as to why. That is very rare and I really appreciate it. Great company to work for. I wished I could be apart of it.

Senior Director, Community Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

There were many - many - interviews, but never did I feel like my time was wasted. Interviewers were well-prepared, on-time, with appropriate and germane questions. An in-person round was held, as well as probably 15-20 hours of virtual conversations.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward -
    1) Discussion with recruiter on the roles and responsibles.
    2) Phone Interview with the Head of Engg.
    3) Phone technical interview with one of the tech team member.
    4) Onsite Interview
    5) Phone technical interview with one of the senior tech team member.

Recruiter helped to align the process and kept me posted with the updates. I met every team member and the team is amazing. Wikia is a great place to work. I had to decline the offer over another company because of commute reason.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a month. I interviewed with at least seven people, who asked very similar (if not the same) questions, so after a few weeks the process was not that exciting. I got the impression that the job itself had little to do with community management. Instead, it was half support, half translation. In the end they decided to go with someone, who was familiar with Wikia, which is understandable, but I also got a feeling that they could hire almost anyone as they were planning to "train" community manger no matter what and the issues community manager had to deal with were far from being complicated. I just wish I wouldn't lose so much time on interviewing with them. Also, salary was extremely low.

Interview Questions

Fandom Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Global Talent Operations Leader

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us in such detail. We will use this feedback to communicate the roles for which we are hiring more effectively in the future.