Fandom Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 36 of over 36 interviews

In Person11%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom (New York, NY)

Interview

I've interviewed with Fandom twice for two different positions. I didn't get them, but everyone I've spoken with have been cool. I've had some bad experiences interviewing, but not with this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself ? Could you go over you past experience in detail ? What do you know about Fandom ?
    Answer Question

Fandom

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fandom

Interview

There’s a reason why this company has very low Glassdoor reviews. They treat their candidates like dirt. I have to always followup. Interview was super straightforward. TA phone screen, HM phone screen, several 1:1s with the leadership team. After going through all these steps, I was sent a generic rejection email from a “no-reply” address that the role was filled! Worst candidate experience and is a red flag for how they would treat you as an employee. Run fast from Fandom!

Interview Questions
  • QuestIons around Recruitment process, sourcing, managing high volume Reqs etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Several interviews spread out over approximately two weeks with the some of the primary team members and/or internal groups the position would work with on a daily basis. Each session was conduction over Zoom because of the ongoing pandemic, and lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Describe various projects and initiatives that were successful, as well as those where difficult decisions needed to be made that required sign-off from a variety of stakeholders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

1 phone interview with the Head of TA. Asked me basic questions. Was impressed that I sent him a personalized direct email and then went into the type of startup high bar hiring with low time to fill rate at the company. Bad mouthed part of the process and discussed the challenges in the role.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me basic questions. One of his first interviews and completely ghosted and sent me an automated response that they were not interested after telling me they want me to meet the CTO on the 1:1 interview. Completely unprofessional when I personalized emails from A-Z during the hiring process. RUN FAST.

Fandom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. Fairly standard conversation, however it ended with a discussion of salary expectations. I was told my baseline expectation was too high - based on Glassdoor's reported salaries my expectation was $10k less than the average senior software engineer salary. After this call, I was ghosted, never even got a form rejection. Given that in conjunction with the poor reviews, I get the sense that this company is looking at engineering strictly from a liability perspective instead of as an investment, and are looking to undercut prospective engineers. At the very least they aren't mindful of delivering rejections in a timely manner, so interview for this role with caution.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

Set up a call with the recruiter. We spoke for about 20-30min. He said I’m a perfect cultural fit and my experience was on point. We spoke about comic books and tv series for a good portion of the call. I asked him a couple questions about the role, one being a remote role. I explained to him I saw the role online as being remote. He seemed confused as it wasn’t a remote role (even when the role said REMOTE OK), but I told him where I found the job. He said they had an office in the city closest to me and that I could potentially work out of there. He was going to follow up with the hiring manager and check, then get back to me. Still no word after several attempts (four email and 1 phone call) to follow up on the role. It’s recruiters like this that make me hate the interviewing process because they freeze you out or never follow through on what they say. Treat you like garbage. Not a great way to represent your company. This experience really turned me off from working here and out a bad taste in my mouth. From what seemed like an exciting opportunity with a great company (that I admit and am a fan of) turned into a crappy interview experience.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

After a recruiter phone interview, I was given a writing test. After passing that, I interviewed with the hiring manager. Past that phase, I interviewed with four employees involved in the position. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I learned a lot about the company and their mission. The process took roughly 4 weeks, but the recruiter was very communicative throughout.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fandom

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom in Jul 2018

Interview

I was contacted for a video conference call for the 1st interview about a week after applying for the position. The person that interviewed (HR)had a general understanding of what the company meant by "community manager" for background experience. However, during the interview, I had to further (and in depth) explain that my background as a community manager was not online based and pointed it out that my resume said as such. After making this fact known, the demeanor of the interviewer changed and the body language became that of no longer being interested and "disappointed" in my backgroundground experience. I received a rejection for the position a few days after the interview, with "lack of experience" being the reason for denial. About 5 days after the initial rejection, I was contacted by the same HR representative to schedule another interview for the same position because "there was a change in management" and the new manager wanted to interview me. We scheduled a new interview a few days later and again, this was a video conference call with 5 people, a director, the current person in the role, and 3 people I would be managing. The call lasted 2 hours, broken into 30 minutes sections. There were questions about my gaming experience and background that came up and experience in community roles came from the managers. The questions from the 3 associates were primarily focused on if I had experience being a manager and how I would manage a team of remote employees. Some of the questions gave some red flags, as it appeared that some of the people interviewing me had not fully read my resume, had no working knowledge of the gaming industry with regards to content creation for new releases, and my having to explain to one person what "live streaming" was. I asked questions regarding how content for new wikis was gathered and if attending conventions or expos was a source, to which I was told that no one from the gaming community development side attended conventions or expos because all persons had to be available to work and retrieve information from "online sources". A few days later, I was rejected from the position again, for the reasons of "lack of experience" and finding a candidate that lived closer to the home office. The fact that I was interviewed twice and rejected twice for the same reason seemed very unprofessional, troublesome, and disturbing that there was no communication between the outgoing management and incoming management and a "second interview" had to be made that resulted in the same denial as the first.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with gaming and how long have you been a "gamer"?
  • Have you ever used "wiki text" or edited a wiki forum?
  • Have you ever been a manager over a group of people? Have you managed a group of people that worked remote?
  • If the analytical data says that 1 game is being searched for heavily and could be "popular", but your gut says something else, can you let go of your gut feeling and follow the numbers, regardless of the outcome?

Fandom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fandom

Interview

The interview was roughly an hour over the phone. Overall the interviewers were easy to talk to and had few questions about my skills and experience and seemed to mostly be gauging interest. There was no follow up at all, even to tell me I did not receive an offer- I just never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you worked on a project with a team, what benefits do you think there are when working with a team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poznań, Greater Poland, Greater Poland

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fandom (Poznań, Greater Poland, Greater Poland) in Jul 2018

Interview

I was called by HR Manager and we schedule an online meeting through BlueJeans. There was mostly talk about company, expectations and experience. All in very nice and relaxed atmosphere. I was straight away invited to meet the Finance team and to talk with them. Here it was very friendly and relaxed as well, got to know more about role and how the team is working. There were no any kind of testing my knowledge, just small chat in English. My visit was ended with the tour around the office. HR Manager would call within 6 weeks with the results of the recruitment process regardless of the results.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Interviews