KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fandom CEO Perkins Miller
Perkins Miller

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it here! Great culture and lots of opportunities

Jun 14, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working with the people at Fandom. Everyone has been welcoming since my first day and I love how geekiness here is embraced and celebrated, and I love seeing how diverse and inclusive teams are. Fandom is doing well so it's great to see some awesome benefits and perks for employees. Since we're relatively still a small company, there's a ton of opportunities to learn, grow, and make a big difference in your role. There's also a TON of support for healthy work/life balance and for families.

Cons

Since Fandom (previously Wikia) has been around for a lot longer than many other tech companies, some internal processes may seem inefficient and outdated at times. But I see this as a huge opportunity for existing and new employees to make a big difference in making things better.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

For the love of the fans

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, fast-paced, collaborative and supportive team that is propelled by a strong company mission and goals.

Cons

None. But if I were to be really fringy and name one, it would be a sub-par home-office reimbursement allowance compared to some other companies. But given that we're still a late stage start-up that's understandable and not really a pain point.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fandom Review

Apr 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are good to work with. The management does try to improve the culture here

Cons

For a company that is dedicated to fun geeky audience, the office culture was not as lively as you would expect a company like this should be.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strongly recommended

Jan 24, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mature tech environment and great athmosphere.

Cons

Cant find any at the moment

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Really slow company

Jan 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great wlb and flexible working conditions.

Cons

Everything moves slow and is bureaucratic so expect to have a lot of downtime.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

I love my remote team

Jan 11, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My developer team is 100% remote (even before COVID) and everyone is friendly and competent. The team manager is technically skilled enough to provide input, but knows not to micromanage, and we're all trusted to work on our sprint tasks as independently as we prefer. The company seems to be in good health from what I can tell, and has a clear history of staying in its lane and not spreading too thin. Oh, and I get to write code in Go.

Cons

Not the most technically challenging work that the Bay Area has to offer.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales research

Dec 27, 2021 - Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, apply here if you want a great community

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work for software engineering talent

Nov 7, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Plenty of interesting and engaging engineering work - Great team cohesion and cross team sharing - Fantastic operations team support (best I've had in my career) - Great atmosphere, always a great balance of seriousness and fun - Company has been incredibly friendly to remote work, even prior COVID-19

Cons

- A lot of push and pull between product's and engineering's desires - While the company is hyper inclusive within the company's culture (I applaud them for this), they have room for improvement within the diversity of hires in software engineering

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fandom Data Science Team is growing!

Sep 2, 2021 - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Direct access to VP and CTO - Data is raw and untapped so a lot of low hanging fruit projects available - Startup energy - Autonomy in projects and interests - There is a strong emphasis on WLB - Team is very approachable - Competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

- A good portion of the team works from outside U.S. so expect early meetings - As the data science team is new, there is a lack of processes i.e. sprint planning, communication channels, etc. But this is being addressed as we mature - Entire team is new so noone has expert domain knowledge yet

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Big growth and fantastic culture!

Aug 9, 2021 - Talent Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

This isn't intended to be a marketing post.. but as I write my pros it feels like one. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. + Great teammates - learning from everyone + Compelling growth stages + Fantastic leadership with a clear vision and mission that connects all the way to the IC level + Working remotely is really powerful - hybrid or in-person is all an option (once we can be in person) + We get to power the #1 Fan platform + Hiring for Engineering and Data Science teams is really compelling as we use the latest technologies and BIG data with 300M+ Unique users per month.

Cons

- There are no cons - I joined as a consultant and was delighted to convert to full time. Love this team - Only con we have no control over is that we can't meet in person right now. (Aug 2021)

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Reviews

Fandom Reviews FAQs

Fandom has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 156 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Fandom to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fandom employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fandom. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

71% of Fandom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fandom 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fandom to be benefits, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Fandom Job Seekers