Ferrara Candy Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ferrara Candy Company

2.7

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied and was contacted by HR within a month or so. Interviewed with the hiring manager with typical tactical questions about the role. Was emailed to come in for an in person, followed up to schedule with other HR team members in copy and heard nothing back even after multiple follow ups. Quite unprofessional and disappointing to get no response at all, especially since I was genuinely excited about the opportunity.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Standard process, started with a phone screen followed by an in person interview. 1 on 1 interviews but spoke with several people throughout the day. Interviewers were very informative and did a good job explaining more about the role and what they are looking for. Interview process took about 2 months.

Director Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

There were two over the phone interviews; two assessment surveys (critical thinking and personality); one face to face interview with staff and peers. Next steps: one additional interview expected.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult category to source/procure?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Deployment and Inventory Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Overall the process was positive, with some minor scheduling difficulty with the HR screening call. For the in person interviews, the hiring manager and other interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to, and they asked straight forward questions about experience and behavioral topics. They were very transparent about the challenges the company is working on and the role the new hire would play, which was helpful in connecting my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to informally influence a client/cross functional leader   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Deployment and Inventory Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very professionally done , well organized and structured. The interviewers were well prepared , took the time to review my professionally history prior to the meeting , had well thought out questions and were open to answer any of my inquiries related to the position and company . I was treated with respect and consideration.

Interview Questions

• How can my professional experience can benefit Ferrara, what specific skills do I have to make me successful in this role?   Answer Question

Director, Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I spend a lot of time interacting with different companies so I’m acutely aware of cultural nuances at many large organizations. It was clear from the start of the onsite at Ferrara, the culture was warm and interviewers took the time to incorporate personality and interpersonal connection into the interview process. Everyone was very engaging and took the time to make sure I was never alone during the interview process. One group of interviewers even took 20 minutes out of their afternoon to sit and chat until the next round started. It was a great experience. The office was modern.

Interview Questions

• What would you accomplish in your first 100 days in the role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company.

Interview

The process was average for length of time. 1 phone screen, 2 phone calls w senior managers, four hours in person interview, 1 follow-up phone call and 1 skills/personality test

Inventory Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

Pretty strait forward ans fast process. First spoke with the Hiring Manager, then was invited on site to meet with the team the following Friday, got the offer the week after. Make sure you have a basic knowledge of what this position will do and how have your experience in the past prepared you. Every interviewee came in prepared with a list of similar questions but is ultimately looking for something different, so make sure that you have done some research about them and prepare some questions to ask them. Know what you want to get out of this opportunity and what things you want to expose yourself to, and ask them if this is what this position will be.

Interview Questions

• How will the skills from your current job transfer to this new opportunity?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone call with the Talent Acquisition Manager for the company's manufacturing sites in the greater Chicago area as set up by the Staffing agency that scouted me for the role.

The call was between 30 to 40 minutes and along with the expected questions regarding my experience, skill set and overall approach towards the position in question, the interviewer was very kind in going over the company history, current goals and growth plans as well as the type of expectations he had for the person who would get the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about sourcing and recruiting for various positions across several disciplines and levels of responsibility?   Answer Question
    • How do you get along or interact with the hiring managers or hiring team?   Answer Question
    • Can your name a few experiences and strengths in sourcing locally and virtually?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and other compliance verification tools?   Answer Question

Junior Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ferrara Candy Company (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

The HR Manager directly invited me for an on-site interview that lasted about an hour. The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 people and they asked a questions based on my experience from my resume, some behavioral questions and some technical ones. The same day I received a call to come back for a plant tour the next week. They made an offer 3 days after the plant tour.