Ferrum College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.2

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferrum, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ferrum College (Ferrum, VA).

Interview

Typical interview process and questions. No surprises. Standard phone interview, then unperson on campus interview. No frills. Questions are pretty typical based on any website interview recs. Why did you apply, what attracted you, how do you approach teaching...

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty typical based on any website interview recs. Why did you apply, what attracted you, how do you approach teaching...   Answer Question

Athletic Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ferrum College.

Interview

Really easy. Just spoke to the head athletic trainer. Talked for a while about what I was looking for in the internship and what the internship would entail. It was a great interview experience.

Dining Room Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferrum, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ferrum College (Ferrum, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was not given directions where to go. I had to ask a student where to go. I was told that my resume was posted on a website and they were interested in me. they called me before I got home to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Did I think I could handle working with students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Energy Manager Interview

Interview

The sourcing process for me started with the submission of a paper application (which I submitted with a copy of my resume). Some months later, I did receive an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and one other individual. A week or two after the phone interview, I was invited to an on-campus interview. I was put up in a local hotel the night before the interview.

On the day of the interview, I met with numerous individuals. The individuals I met with consisted of the hiring manager, a dean and members of the maintenance and administrative staff. I also had lunch with other faculty members.

Overall, I felt the interviews went well. I had no regrets even though I was not selected for the position. As a finalist, at least I did get a personal phone call mentioning another candidate was selected (which is something that does not happen often).

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straightforward; there were no trick questions that I recall.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ferrum College (Ferrum, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was base on the knowledge of human health and football experience. I was a member of the football program and the team needed help in all areas. My teachers and coaches all interview me to see if I retain all the health information from the classes I took in college.

Interview Questions

• Will I do everything in my power to make the program better   Answer Question

Computer Information Ssystem Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferrum, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ferrum College (Ferrum, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Great people. Interview starts from the airport when you are picked up by one of the Professors. A lot of talk, to make you comfortable. You are taken to check in to your hotel while the Professor waits for ou to get ready and follow him to a place for dinner. There a few other Professors are waiting. The next day starts with you being picked up by a Professor and taken to breakfast at the school dining hall. Then it's a one on one meeting with the Provost and then the Dean. You have to make a class presentation on your subject area after which you go for lunch with a bunch of Professors. Afterwards, you have to present your research dissertation from where one of the Professors ferries you back to the airport. She talks and asks questions all the way. Overall they are anice bunch. Ferrum is a very good place if you love your quiet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing since graduation and how does it fit into the position you are seeking.   Answer Question