Financial Times Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a direct process, Applied online and heard back within two days for a phone screening which was 15 minutes. Got offered a chance to come in the next week for a group/panel interview with people on the team I would be working with and then had an individual interview on another day with the head of the department. Got the offer early the next week and began the week after.

IT Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for job from this glass door website. Two weeks later got a call to schedule phone interview for 30 mins on the following day. Telephone interview was clearly scanning candidates as asked about cv, previous experience , motivations, technical skills, why applied to FT, told if selected for second round would be notified with in a week
    Following week at 11am, email giving second interview time and layout of the second interview
    Second interview was fair, given some tasks to do while in there, but nothing to catch applicant out rather testing skills stated in cv and requested in the job spec
    A week later follow up call and call to third interview with another FT manager
    Fair, straight forward interview -
    Overall experience very fair and efficient , were as promise wee as promised

Salary too low

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Fast but thorough. The interviewer was very nice and asked questions about my background and skills as well as where I see myself in 10 years. The office was very nice and I saw that they had bagels- AWESOME! Staff was very friendly and you could sense a good vibe in the office.

Multimedia Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask a lot about your research and production skills. Be sure to be news savvy and know where to find the right information. It is imperitive to be familiar with the latest video technology and how to edit correctly.

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy, three steps. Two phone interviews, final in person interview. Met with three people on in person interview. They were timely in getting back to you on the job.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times.

Interview

I attended an interview for the role of Senior Business Analyst within the Technology team. After completing what I felt had been a successful interview process, I was informed that my application would not be progressed as the pace at the FT was too fast for me and the dubious term "cultural fit" was cited. So I contacted a HR friend of mine to ask what that meant and she said it could be thinly veiled as inferring that at 41 I was too old for the job which caused me concern.

Fortunately I had contacts within the FT who were able to establish that I was unsuccessful as I was over skilled, over qualified and more experienced than those who interviewed me. Unfortunely I hadn't realised at the time that there was such a wide variation across organisations. My advice to anybody attending an interview at the FT would be to do your homework and gauge who will be interviewing you to determine the "cultural fit" aspect and don't expect any constructive feedback from the interview process.

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times.

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation for an interview. Researched the conference, the interviers and FT in general, but failed to predict the wired questions like "favourite food" or who I wanted to be when I was a child.

Interview Questions

• What's my favourite food?
      Who did I want to become when I was a child?
      What do I know about the FT125?
      etc.
      Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2016.

Interview

A brief writing test related to what type of work is required but not too difficult, after that, there are 2 interviews. One with the HR and another with the manager. Interviewers are friendly but professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell something about previous work   1 Answer

Editorial QA In IT Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Financial Times (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was 2 stage:
    telephonic interview-last good 50 mins
    F2F- around 1.5 hrs

Interviewed on 08 feb:
    The telephonic screening interview touched upon QA basics and talked through my resume. Also, questions around the required skill set mentioned in job specifications were asked so its a good idea to read the job specs thoroughly.

In the end,i was asked if i have any question for the interviewer so be prepared with 1 or 2 good questions.

09 feb : i am still waiting to hear from them,its just been a day but the interview process gave me good vibes about the organisation.

Interview Questions

• Opening question was difference in QA and testing, exploratory testing. about API's, System monitoring, Automation experience,CMS etc

a wide variery of topics were covered as they had a couple of roles and wanted to find which one i would fit in.
      Answer Question

Associate Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Financial Times (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interviews the final one with a presentation, all quite informal. questions were quite general and about my background in sales and account management as well as new product devellopment

Interview Questions

• how can you cope with the new client base   1 Answer